Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The UFC whips off a mask and my god it was Pride, Austin, it was Pride all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

LHW title challenger vs. the guy who makes coffee is the beatdown you're all thinking of

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

It's a travesty he won't be fighting Manhoef

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

UFCs in negotiations with popular twitter user Dadboner and Paul the Octopus to kick 2015 off with a bang

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Jiro posted:

Tommy the Green, White, Red, Black, Ranger is a former MMA fighter lol. He must really want to get out of the convention circuit. Also Punk is enough of a mark that he would probably want the distinction of going up against a Power Ranger.

He sells evangelical T-shirts and breaks Guinness records now

https://www.jesusdidnttap.com/

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I think its really cool the UFC announced universal Reebok uniforms for a more professional look the same week they signed 0-0 professional actor Chick Magnet

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

I suppose I'm asking if any UFC fans with no interest in WWE are excited or interested in this news OR do people feel Phil Brooks is more of a performer than a fighter with a bit of background? I'm kinda interested in level headed reaction really.

I've never seen a wrestling event with Chick Magnet but at some point in 2015 a PPV will screech to a halt for 15 minutes so he can act out his midlife crisis by beating up the homeless. He's pretty obviously just a gimmick, which is fine, but I'm not sure why I'd be excited about it? Good fights are good fights and Punk isn't going to be having any.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

WWE has a proud history in MMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHwcqeR2yc

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Yoel Romero and Daniel Cormier both got into MMA when they were very old and found success. They're also both freak athletes with Olympic medals in wrestling and Cormier previously fought in the weakest division in the world.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

GB888 posted:

I can't wait to troll my MMA-friends when CM Punk wins his first fight using The Worm.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

What's the wrestling term for getting your rear end kicked by Jerry the Radio Shack manager?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

What's the biggest combo ever pulled off in the MMA world, I'm going to link it to CM Punk

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Askren is going to wrestle him to bits

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Hahaha is that a scale on the stage?

vvv: oh drat it, you're right. I was hoping they were going to weigh him like that Tito Ortiz conference

vainman fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 2, 2015

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

So far we've had one guy ask for an autograph and another guy pretend to be Hawaiian. This is way better than any mma presser.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Fedor question!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I'm a big fan of the guy whose question was "I don't like Anik, I'm an Ariel Helwani guy"

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

This is painfully awkward now

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Cowboy, half delirious from his weight cut, asking for an autograph was adorable

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Apparently the whole card signed the Cowboy hat. Cerrone is the man.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

This thread and some recent posts in the MMA one have taught me "butthurt" is making a big comeback in 2015

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

I'm not going to read all 49 pages but I feel compelled to ask, who id the most Jon Fitch-like person they could get to lie on top of Punk for 3 rounds? I want all this hype to end in Punk flailing beneath a lead blanket if he must lose.

Jake Shields

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe. Maybe she's distancing herself from the guy who's fashioning his mid-life crisis after that Friends episode with Jon Favreau. We just can't know!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

CM Punk is going to run the 400m at the Olympics for America because he believes in himself and money talks

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

The next guy who posts about everyone being mad or whatever should have to quote who's so mad, I think

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Locking Punk in the same cage as Lawler would warrant a UN War Crimes investigation

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

BGrifter posted:

I get the skepticism of CM Punk but I'm pretty sure he could win a fight against the moldy bones of Bruce Lee. Hell I'd bet on him vs most corpses.

He would spend two years training and still not show up

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Wonder how many times Duke has knocked Punk out to "train his chin"

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Lol

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

The UFC should have hired Bautista, at least he shows up for his fights

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

It's cool to flip back through this thread and read a bunch of posts about how punk will succeed because he believes in himself a lot and then click to now where, at the first sign of danger, he pulled out and refuses to talk about it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Because he thought he was going to win and some combination of getting killed in sparring by Duke roufus, going 0-20 to a bunch of weekenders in smokers and watching Gall ko a guy with six years kickboxing experience within the first minute has changed his mind

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I can't think of another sport that's more focused on what have you done for me lately than mma. Maybe boxing, but that's it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

coconono posted:

I'd be a lot more excited if UFC bought Oplot for CM Punk to fight around in. Too bad they're doin whatever the hell an MMA org turned terrorist muscle organization does.

Unless some repairs have been done, the nightclub was fire bombed into a state where the posters in this thread could pool their money and buy it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't kept up with MMA in a looong time, so hypothetical question: Let's say Dana White and Joe Silva stopped caring about competition and respectability, and had the opportunity to book freakshow matches that would draw money--like if retired pro wrestlers and actors wanted to fight each other. How far could they go before they faced repercussions from the athletic commissions? I'm thinking they just wouldn't medically clear a match like Giant Silva vs. Akebono.

Until someone died and possibly longer

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Sage has been training for like a decade and still people make fun of him for being bad. It's a tough sport

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I don't really mean here, but just in general. It probably didn't help that Joe rogan kept saying he didn't get choked, he tapped for no reason, his cowardice is despicable, or whatever

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I feel like that gets waived a lot, actually

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Is there a show about Gall because his story is way more compelling to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

When Mickey most likely dismantles Punk who can he possibly face next with his 3-0 professional MMA record?

With one more win he can fight Cormier

• Locked thread