Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

This game seems pretty cool but I have no friends so I can't get much honor. I joined the line app but it's just a bunch of random people not goon only.

My name is mcpSA if anyone wants to add me.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Is there a good way to get honor? I have a full 3* team but I don't have the honor to level them. I can only get one or two wins in the colosseum before I get matched up with 4/5* people and get destroyed.

One money tip I've found is to buy the Christmas cake every time you find popo. It gives 125 value and 25% rate for $1,300. The cost per training bread is high so you'll save money in the long run I think.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Wassbix posted:

Collo is one of the best. Try a Christmas Elf/Snowman/Rudolph team. Give the Snowman the Atk boost skill and make him your leader. Everytime the snowman gets a 3 block, you get a free 3 block heal + 3 block stun attack from the elf. It's been competitive against full 5 stars.

I haven't been able to kill them but now that I know the strategy it might help. I was using a male paladin and female archer but it sounds like I need to swap genders.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Coldbird posted:

I have pretty much exactly that team (Leon, nun healer, R-9999) and I get slaughtered in the xmas dungeon anyway and it's entirely unclear why. Nothing takes damage and my guys just all die.

edit: maybe R-9999 counts as male? looks female...

I was having the same problem until someone in line chat told me how to do it. I cleared the first level 2 times (but now I keep dying :shrug:) using 4* Leon a 2* sniper girl and a 2* mage guy.

You can only damage them with the opposite sex. The damage you do is a set amount so you want units that have multi hit block attacks. If you attack with the same sex they get a a huge buff and will murder you quickly.

I start by spamming single block attacks with my sniper until the snowman dies. Then I spam attacks with my mage (and Leon if he's still alive) to finish off the girl.

If you just rush in like you normally would you will get destroyed.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 23, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I have snowman and the green elf and they are both really good.

Elf gets a free attack when someone 3 blocks. Snowman can do a 3 block for 1 after anyone else 3 blocks.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Are they all worth farming? I finally found a good combo that just melts them and am debating farming them up.

Also I managed to pull a 4* Alice and she hits like a truck. Her 3Block sents a knight with a lance out and it hurts so much.

Yes I would. They are all really good so far. I went from winning 1-2 rounds per arena ticket to winning all 10. I'm cleaning up with a team of snowman, 4* Leon and green elf.

They're more like 4 or 5* units.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 24, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

How did you all get 5 stars all ready? I have 1 4, and 2 3 stars that I can't afford to upgrade. I need tons more honor.

Try to get the Christmas units and use them to roll through the PvP to get a bunch of honor. Even with that I only have one 5 star and one 4 star though.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

Any hints on the Christmas units? I get rolled in both of them.

Read my post about it on page 2. I'd use Leon to tank and then you need a boy and girl with multi hit attacks.

A mage with blizzard and a gunner with the bomb atttack work well.

The drop rate is random. The seem to drop around 10-20% for me but I might be lucky. You don't have to beat all the stages to get a drop.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 28, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

poo poo. I am an idiot then. Game won't load for me right now, but I will get him built up.

Still curious if I should pull or just try to make 4 stars.

Leon is top tier so I'd level him up first. Maybe do a few pulls and use the rest for meat and more bread/weapon/unit storage.

m.hache posted:

So I managed to get carried through one of the world bosses and got a 5* sword for my Leon.

Shits dope.

What's up doesn't deserve 5* sword buddy. I wasn't paying attention and instantly died. My partner did all the damage and barely won with a sliver of life on his last dude. I'm sure he was pissed I got the sword while he got gold :frog:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 29, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Majinfefnir13 posted:

After getting stomped a few more times in Gravity Labyrinth-14 I realized after asking on Line that I needed some stun which for warriors is a locked skill that needs a 5* Kaori to unlock. :suicide:

Luckily I managed to get a Kaori from my first 3* warrior promotion this morning. :woop:

Do you have Green Elf? You can set up chain stuns with her at 3*.

Edit: Nevermind I forgot you can't use archers. Coincidently I just got destroyed on floor 14 after posting this :v:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 29, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Majinfefnir13 posted:

After getting stomped a few more times in Gravity Labyrinth-14 I realized after asking on Line that I needed some stun which for warriors is a locked skill that needs a 5* Kaori to unlock. :suicide:

Luckily I managed to get a Kaori from my first 3* warrior promotion this morning. :woop:

If you're still stuck I just beat it using the debuff goddess with Leon, snowman and Rudolf. They get a huge attack buff so removing that really helps.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 30, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Erinyes posted:

By the grace of some mobile gaming deity, I managed to get the Christmas Rudolph, Snowman and Elf all in the last 8 hours of the Holiday dungeon (in addition to multiples of the Sniper and Santa...).

I'm kind of conflicted about the Sniper vs Elf since the Sniper's is so easy to chain infinitely, but I think Sniper works way better at world quests than PvP.

Elf stuns, her attack goes through enemies and she can chain too. I didn't like the sniper because her attack animation is so bad it's hard to hit things.

Edit: don't upgrade Christmas units to four star, they become a random hero.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 30, 2014

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Had anyone beat F19 of the gravity dungeon? My 5* Leon, snowman and Rudolf get wrecked.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

So what do you get for the higher levels of the Gravity Dungeons?

Also I wish there was a better way to train your units. Takes so long to get to 5*.

At level 20 you have a small chance of getting a legendary hero. I'm stuck at 19 so I'm just farming high floors for the gold or bread reward.

Wait until you need 6 star. It takes 5k exp for the last training tier and the cost for 6 bread is around $19K :gonk:

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Ok cool. I'm stuck at 14 now and I don't think I'll get passed that for now.

The gimmick for 14 is the units get an attack and damage reflect buff. If you use the debuff goddess and keep the buff off the fight is easy.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Sad thing is that the gold cost doesn't bother me opposed to lack of good bread to feed my units. I gotten very close to beating F19, I just need to promote my Leon to 6* and maybe my Joan to 6* also to at least stand a chance of finishing it.

I'm starved on both. I've been farming F17 for bread though. I really wish I did the bread dungeon that was up the other day .

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

The bread dungeon is so annoying compared to the gold dungeon though. "Can only be damaged by 2-chains" etc is probably the most annoying ability

The bread dungeon is back and you were right. The bosses have so much hp it takes forever to kill then.

Apparently there are epic quests that give you 4 star hero's. I just promoted a healer and she turned into Yeowodong and she gave me a quest to find Giparang who is supposedly one of the best archers.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Don't forget to train promoted units ASAP. The stat boost really helps out.

I still can't beat F19 hopefully, I can do the next dungeon. I don't know how that will go though since it will probably be no healers.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I don't have any of the premium units but the Korean tier list has lilith, sneak, hikari, nightingale, Cain and No. 9 as top tier units.

I like Leon for PvE. He has a ton of health and does high single target damage. My archer can kill the dude in the back if the there is more than one boss.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 5, 2015

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The line chat kinda sucks anyways. I don't think we really need one. I think it would be more beneficial to set up a room number for doing world bosses.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Haha, MCP I can't believe we managed to just annihilate the second world boss with your 3* team.

God those Xmas units are OP.

Sorry about that I disconnected so I guess it was all AI. I can go again if you want.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

No problem. The stupid thing is most random people won't group with me.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

tophet posted:

I have two quests to clear 2-24 hard a few times, I've done it twice but the quests don't show any progress. Am I just out of luck? Ones for Alexander and ones some urgent thing.

It's just a display bug. I have that happen all the time and I'll complete the quest even though it stays at 0.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Gyoru posted:

This is the Korean tier list as of the Dec 23rd patch.

The tier lists was updated again this one is based on the December 30th patch I think.

http://www.questarda.com/?p=243

Edit: my free pull was 4* Alexander who I already have at 5*.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Any tips for BF20? I die before I can do too much and the back girl heals like crazy.

Looks like the game is down for an hour.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Wassbix posted:

Burst before they fill up their SP bar to heal and burst you. Dungeon gives you enough time to use 1 skill or so. I'm using a Gipang and bella and they usually die in 3 block + skill

Yeah that's my problem. By the time I start generating blocks they use their specials and its all over.

My free unit was 4* archon :woop:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 10, 2015

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

burntpork posted:

Out of these heroes who should I focus on leveling to rank-5..

Hanzo
Woopa
Korin
Spyro
Achilles

Right now I'm leveling these guys up to lv.40, and I'm also leveling up a lv.30 wizard to hopefully get a Archon.

Hanzo is good I'd level him.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Sorry dude, that's why it says in the OP not to pull units. Your better off spending gems on space, gold and refills.

In other news everyone in the line chat moved to a new line chat which still has room for anyone interested.

http://line.me/R/ti/g/NFvDVDQyvr

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

You can turn off chat notifications, but yeah most of the people in the chat are 13 and talk like morons on Twitter.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Why don't we just idle 8008 in game. Seems to work for some of us.

The problem with chat channel, at least for me, is that I disconnect every time I turn my screen off and go into a random chat channel when I return.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Didn't archon get nerfed? That's what people in the line chat were saying.

I still run Xmas in the arena but I plan to switch once I get enough bread to 6 star Alex.

I'm thinking some combination of Alex, Gip, Leon, mew and archon.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

BF 20 is annoying. I can usually do it with Santa, green elf and Rudolf but sometimes they burst down someone before I can get things going :mad:

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Level 9 is easy if you have multiple hit units you can spam like archon or Santa.

Disarm 20 is really pissing me off. I really want D'art but she isn't dropping and half the time I get bursted down at the start before I get a 3 block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The game is just trolling me now. 4 Leons and no D'arts :mad:

• Locked thread