Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bull3964 posted:

Everyone should have seen this coming anyways.

Samsung started advertising wireless charging as a reason to buy a new galaxy device. Therefore, it follows that wireless charging falls out of fashion. This is the new normal folks.

I have 3 Tylt Vu's and a car Vu. Whyyyyyy do they do this to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Isn't 1 Password a pretty popular alternative?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sure would like to get it on my N6 someday

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bull3964 posted:

Looks like two solid devices. Not seeing anything that would have made me buy one of these over my Pure, but it's good to know there's an affordable new Nexus out there again.

Cool

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
My brother just got an S7 and is looking for a glass screen protector. Any recommendations/links would be helpful

Also I got a 6P on prime day and it owns I'm glad I did

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
What kind of screen on time do you guys get with your day 1 smooth Pixel XLs? I'm super disappointed in my 6P's bad aging just like disss. The S8 Plus battery life looks insanely good but I would prefer the Pixel for numerous reasons.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i ordered a pixel 3 on thanksgiving and poo poo hasn't even shipped yet i'm mad

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

A caseology ambassador (?) sent me a 20% off code for any of their products on amazon. No idea if it actually works but here it is X94XFPOW

i used this, thank you friend

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Sure would be NEAT if Google would ship my phone that was ordered 7 days ago. Or have any semblance of customer service.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I use sms

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

FAUXTON posted:

what about encryption

think of how many times the NSA has watched you type "lol"

sure id prefer to use something with encryption but literally everyone i communicate uses sms, what is a boy to do

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is there a recommended car charger for Pixel 3 that does rapid charging?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
nexus 5 <3 <3 <3

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

codo27 posted:

Z3 Compact was my favorite. Perfect size, was always butter, no glitchiness. Sony had a nice UI and overall experience. Their lackluster standing in the market is as unfair as Apple's dominance. The original LG nexus was pretty nice too, I'd take either of those phones back with modern guts and cameras. The Pixel 2 suffered from cosmetically being an iphone 4 in 2017.

did you forget what an iphone 4 felt and looked like because i have one in my drawer and uhh

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

seiferguy posted:

I upgraded from the s7 to the s9. Everything is great, except that the amount of base emojis is way less. I can't even do a basic smiley anymore. Is there a pack I can get for that?

Use the google keyboard

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

codo27 posted:

Actually thats one thing that the Huawei music app does that I like, two from the same artist, even album. That should still happen. Not every time. Hell, two sequential songs should play now and then. A small percentage of the time. I think it should go so far as to learn according to which songs you are skipping in a session and which you are going towards. Especially for someone like me with such a huge array of genres and artists.

If you are skipping songs on your playlist, remove them

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
idk if that dude is asking about the bluetooth Pixel Buds or the wired ones that come with the phones, but I like the wireless ones after a few weeks of using them. The right bud being touch sensitive is really nice. the case charging them is nice. the cord could be a little longer between them. I don't know enough about the world of wireless buds to know if its a smart purchase though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
whats a data limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mental Hospitality posted:

Phone hit 50% charge after 30 hours unplugged and 7 hours screen-on time. If the next wave of flagships can match this stamina there will be a lot of happy people this year.

Meanwhile in Pixel 3 land, off charger for 3 hours, 35 minutes of screen time, down to 80% 😁😁😁