Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how I feel about the Sherman Firefly, has anyone found it worth keeping?

Edit: I'm probably asking this question prematurely, I don't have the top gun on it installed yet, still need the turret.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have any idea how the May the 4th missions work?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished the first mission in an arty where I got a medal. I forgot to write down the details before transferring over to USA East. The second secret mission is rumored to involve a light tank, the third secret mission is rumored to involve a heavy, and there's supposed to be a fourth mission involving a td. v0v.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
These are supposed to be the conditions for the 4th mission.

Mission: That's No Moon
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Conditions:
Destroy an SPG

Mission: Those are the droids I was looking for
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Conditions:
Spot 2 or more vehicles in a single battle

Mission: The Hutt
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Must be in a Heavy Tank
Conditions:
Win

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where would Kinguin be getting their codes from?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I quit for a year shortly after buying a years worth of time. My computer died and buying a machine that could run WoT took a low priority.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

I don't even know how someone finds the time to play over 40k games. I've been playing since 2011, I think, and I've only racked up 10k played.

Just 30k games here but I can add my own story. I can safely say a lot of mine were played a few years ago between 11 pm and 6 am when my insomnia was at its worst. At least half my light tank battles during that time were also death races where the goal was to see how far I could get around the map before dying.

The thing that has me confused is how anyone have have stats below 47% without being a bot.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, for the Cent 1 I know its got a good gun, the front of the turret is the bounciest part, it's got decent mobility. But I'm not sure if I should generally, say, stay back and support the heavies, stay towards the front, etc. How should I be playing this tank?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

Do not get near things at all with your Cent. You have a frontal ammo rack, and lots of other bad module placement at the front. Stay around mid range, the Cent's gun takes some time to aim in and likes to throw shots if not aimed in. Ideally, find a nice hill somewhere and camp your rear end behind it.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does that mean someone else can use the 5th code?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are we in a bidding war yet?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You can buy the jagtiger code from http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/ which should give you enough gold to buy a mid-tier medium in addition to the tank and the premium. I'm personally hoping they don't run out of codes before the fifth.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm making another try hard effort at tanks. For starters I've been paying more attention to my surroundings, asking for advice, and watching the tank guide youtubes by Quickbaby and Mighty Jingles. Recently I decided to platoon more.

Even though I'm doing more damage, surviving more, and getting more kills, my winrate for the month is plunging. I'd hate to stop grinding tiers 8 and 9 but those are where I see the most losses.

Would it be better to just try to push forward with the high tier tanks and just accept there'll be a harsh learning curve or would it be better to focus on lower tiered tanks and get good at them before moving on? What are some other things I can do to get better?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The KV-1 is worth the grind.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

In other news: Moved into a new apartment, their router is upstairs. I get nasty loving lag spikes while playing. Anyone have any advice besides hardwire? Currently my antenna to my wireless card is sitting on top of a police issued flash light, on an empty Card Against Humanity™ box, on a cologne box, on an art history textbook on top of my desk. It helped a little but it looks super retarded.

You might want to try a wireless repeater. Also, does your router broadcast in the wireless AC format?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished the TD mission last night and I'm back to having under 100 tanks in the garage. To celebrate I bought an A-44.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I bought the A-44 before clearing out the garage, but it doesn't matter.

I like it so far. It's fast like a medium, has a gun like a TD, and it has a female commander.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Can I get some confirmation on that? Because getting 12k damage done/taken seems kinda easy.

I wasn't able to finish HT 15 in domination mode. I only played the heavy tanks and garnered 7k in damage dealt. Maybe it'd work if the player stuck to the same tank throughout the battle?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Secondary dibs on the Type 59!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One retort that works is if someone tells you to uninstall, say that you play the game for your fun. Not theirs.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Th A45 mission looks like another one I'll wind up skipping. That's too bad, I could have used another British heavy tank to free up space in my barracks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if I'll grind enough keys to make it worth it to buy any remaining keys balance and then the tank. As dumb an idea as that sounds like.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This sucks. You have to play every day to get the 15kxp for the free tier 7 tank. I thought we could play extra some days to make up the difference. I probably will still try this because my life right now has big chunks of open time, but still.

On a related note, I hope the tank doesn't come with a crew. I have a crew in need of a home.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've got a similar dilemma Cardiac.

I have three heavies worth of crews for Soviet tanks and once I finish the IS-8 grind it'll be four heavies worth. I can rebuy the KV-1, KV-85, T-150, IS, KV-3, or IS-3. I don't see a point to buying any of them though since I have so many premium Soviet heavies.

One option is buying the KV-4. Another option is eventually buying an SU-122-44 or a T-54 mod 1 next month and retraining the crews. Speaking of retraining I could retrain them to the T-54 lightweight or to the Soviet arty.

How is the T-54 Lightweight?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking of doing the next on track. How is the t32?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like that there's no way to find out the price of the challenge coin until you hit the order button.

Edit: It's $20, plus shipping and handling.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

supersnowman posted:

Mission completed! Reward:

Vehicles added: IS-7 (D) (100% crew), Object 268 (D) (100% crew), T57 Heavy Tank (D) (100% crew), Bat.-Châtillon 25 t (D) (100% crew), Leopard 1 (D) (100% crew)
Slots added: 5

What is this?

Did I really get 5 tier X tanks or I'm about to lose them?

It's for a new, temporary game mode. You lose the crew and XP after the mission ends. Wait, do we lose the crew or do they train over to something else?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If it's so bad why do I want to buy mine?

Because OCD, that's why.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you have the money go for it, it's probably better for your health than two large combo meals at the fast food place of your choice.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How much gold will we get per key? I think I've got 12 extras.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jack_tripper posted:

you get 250 gold per extra key that you purchased through the store. you get nothing for any extras earned in-game

That's cheep, wargaming. Real cheep.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They gave the T1E6 away for completing the A45 mission and for another mission that I didn't even bother attempting.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope the anniversary sale includes discounts on premium because mine is about to run out.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rincewinds posted:

That's compulsion is even more fun when you don't sell tanks but end up keeping most of them because they are not completely unredeemable. :shepicide:

That's why I have about 100 tanks! :smith:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hear ya Tracer. I just want a few wins in the VK 30.01 P so I can elite and sell this piece of...German tank history.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

NEW GAME! Go to noobmeter.com and check you last year's worth of games:

http://www.noobmeter.com/recent/na/RandomPauI/1000181419/1000181419_00030171_20150429_111429/1000181419_00031952_20150822_085049

I've got 1,781 games since I started replaying in April. The top three most played tanks were the Church III followed by the Black Prince and the T30.

My win rate for the past few months has increased to 48.74% but my overall win rate barely budged. Most of the stats didn't move that high actually.

The one thing that'll be a constant no matter how much I improve is declining average spotting. I no longer spend hours on end doing scouting death races.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got the Church GC determined to develop a stockholme syndrome love for it an I just couldn't do it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mans posted:

stop responding to zombie lenin and post your favorite songs to play wot with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxhlXZ3hcY

Devo - Don't Shoot (I'm a Man)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If I don't have the 10cm cannon unlocked for the O-I Experimental which should I use? The 12 cm short gun or the 7.5 tank gun type 5?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I really want to try to grind the brit heavy line to get the presumably free tier 8 tank? How much time is left to grind the XP?

The answers are yes for now, and not enough time because I've been slacking off and avoiding playing the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was thinking of the medium line. The worst part is I went back and ninja edited it to heavy thinking that I had to have had it wrong.

Also, I can't sleep, which means now is perfect to kill time with tanks. It's also the perfect time for them to do their weekly scheduled maintenance. Sigh.