Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The O-I exp. has turned out to be a great heavy tank once everything is unlocked and when are are used to how large and bulky it is. However it is clearly a top teir bully type tank, Its kinda useless in tier 7 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Green Dam posted:

Well, it was the WZ-111 4~5 and it made the IS-7 look like a worse version of it and you can't really have that with Wargaming. The 113 has a really weak frontal fuel tank, which is conveniently located in the middle front of the tank.

By really weak, I mean you can get fuel tank fired on the first shot.

Didn't they also do something to its beak to make it weaker, lost some health, and kept its tier 10 gun? which is way better than the 113 and is still a better tier 10 than it aswell?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Just finished the O-NI and onto the O-HO, the O-NI was still a good bully tank that could do something if it was not on the top of the tier, The O-HO just seems to be the fat man who wants to be that bully. It gets the choice of a 10cm gun that has 212 pen and no gold, or the 15 derp gun, and will see tier 10s. and that is without acknowledging that these tiers have the highest concentration of great tanks by tier.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Descar posted:

Warning

The Tier 8 Japanese Heavy is very terrible..

Its slow, Huge, poorly armored against what it meets. and both guns you can choose are terrible at tier. you can either have max 215pen which will gently caress you up against t9 - t10 or you can derp away With a KV-2 gun like a real pubbie. Your basically the target of every gun that sees you, and arty loves you for being such a huge target/pinata of HP to smack. did i mention that you also lose all Your depression you had from eariler tanks.

due to terrible performance With the first gun, im just derping my way through the grind to t9 lol, i think this is my first time i picked a derp gun over anything else.

tier 5-7 are awsome and almost OP doh, but the t8 will smack you in the face when you get there.

edit:
just looked through all the tier 8 tanks, i think this one comes out as the worst tier 8 ingame atm.

Yeah I just finished going through the O-Ho. I kinda really warmed up to it at the end cause being such a flat armoured, derp firing, barn sized heavy. It had no right to be good at all. And yet somehow it worked?

While the armour was flat, it was also unified so a great amount of people would be shooting the small turrets and hatches, not thinking they where the strongest part of the tank. This can apply to all tiers, though rarer when your facing a tier 10. The Derp gun should not be working in those matches too, but when you come around a corner and somehow do 400 damage reliably against E100 turret fronts while they with impunity shoot HEAT back at your heavily angled tank. Of cause its not always like this as you are a slow tank and you hate big open maps with a passion.

Getting the Type 4 really put me back for abit, since until this point these heavies have had unified armour values, the Type 4 is the first tank to have weakspots other tanks can shoot at the front.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

For whatever reason Arty seems to hit and single shot me if I am playing a fast medium or light speeding along at 50km+ in the middle of flanking, Than if I was sitting in the open herp a derping in a Type 4 heavy

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I have only recently came back and the new tier 10 light tanks are there, simply cause war gaming needed to release new tanks for tank collectors

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Technically they did? You won't see more than three tanks that are two tiers higher than you at a time, and won't see more than 5 tanks that are one tier higher than you at a time. MM is still broken as gently caress, sometimes giving one team artillery and another team nothing, and heavies and mediums are weighted combined with TDs/Lights/Arti equally weighed against each other, so you get poo poo like one team getting 11 heavies and TDs on Ensk and the other team getting a bunch of mediums and lights, but whatever. Better than it was but still worse than it has any reason to be.

+0/-0 when

The new MM is terrible out of prime time or low population severs, I get a lot of 10-13 teams across all tiers, below tier 6, your lucky to find a game at all

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Just a question because I've never actually seen it happen. Is it possible to kill a whole crew? I smacked a Hellcat with my S-51 and cut off 3/4s of his health and got a shitload of crits on him and he sat there not moving after that till one of my lights popped him.
If you can't kill a whole crew, i take full pleasure in knowing I got someone to rage quit

I have been crew killed before, its and odd experience, and took me a moment, as you don't get blown up, and your tank keeps the health it has. I am not sure if it becomes a invincible wreck, or it can still take damage until it explodes like normal

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Forgetting Internet dram for a second. I found something better.

I forgot how much suffering the challenger is :smithicide:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao this community contributor thing. Jingles threatened to quit and got called by one of the head honchos to persuade him not to. What a world we live in.

He woke up to find Wargaming America took on its self to make a reply for all severs, Jingles quit after reading this, He will also stop making any war gaming videos

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 23, 2017

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The 150mm on the type 4 is quickly turning into one of my favorite guns. Its just a giant gently caress you to everyones side scrapping attempts :allears:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

A Handed Missus posted:

15 CM HOWITZER ALL THE WAY BABBY

track and do damage to absolutely everything no matter how much armor they have!

Tracking heavies with the O-Ho has p much become my favorite thing to do :shrug:

and I just love seeing all the crits from the howitzer

the 15cm howizter , the one you get on the type 4 and 5 heavy is also just funny and just as worth contender, the heavy tanks might be thicker with armour, but you won'r care when they attempt to side scrap against you

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

2Jets posted:

I unlocked the T-44 And the Obj. 416. I'm not too excited about the Obj. So I'm going with the T-44. How bad is the penetration? The T-43 was literally unable to pen some of the super heavys like the vk 100.01.

Super heavies will always be a problem with many guns at Tier 8, But there are way worse guns on way worse tanks

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

quote:

9. CHANGES TO THE MATCHMAKER
We made some changes to the matchmaker to decrease the number of one- and two-tier battles in favor of the 3/5/7 system.

The number of one- and two-tier battles will decrease in favor of the 3/5/7 system. The change will be noticeable at high battle levels (vehicle tiers: VIII to X).
Most three-tier battles will be created according to the basic 3/5/7 pattern.

I really wish they would of focused more on this for the tier 6 and below, else this would be perfect. I can get que time outs at tier 6, so it means having to free exp to tier 7

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I took a look at the NA review clip on youtube about 9.19.

You know you hosed up when the mouth breathers even agree this is a bad idea

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

No tier 10 light is worth it, the 9 lights are as good as they get

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Being on US East, and time locked. I will never see any of the equipment

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The sever merger is going to be a real pain in the rear end. I already have an Asia account back when they did that merger, and East will make my US west account unplayable. I also don't want to get my Asia account wiped as it has some rare tanks you can't get anymore

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I recently started playing again after the disappointment that was the NA west sever shutting down and the prospect of playing on Asia.So of cause that means I am playing on Asia :shepicide:

Bumped into this guy twice not, both times in a T67 abusing his team and sending angry messages to me about playing suffering through the churchill 7. Apparently Asia now has a stat pleb scene :thesperg:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ya the Soviet med line has always been a good line with its only low point so to speak being the T44, and since that got buffed to almost pre tier 9 state, its a very good tank and there is no real stinkers

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

:perfect:

The Grille ones are certainly some of the best in there

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Frontline prime time is 1am in the morning for Asia severs :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Fat Jesus posted:

I used to be able to play on NA just fine with 140ish ping (east) from :australia: and it's got worse ever since they merged servers so now it's like 240 - 270 and it's loving noticeable. I might have to use the dreaded asian server and I've spent too much on my acc on NA with like 5 tier 8 prems and poo poo. Sad cause frontline was awesome and I did 6k damage in a loss and am 3k poorer somehow.

Prepare to never play frontlines in Asia as right now prime time of them are set to the middle of the night/morning