Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Repost from the earlier thread:

Free day of premium code: 2015WGNY (Provided by BIG HEADLINE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Very interesting bit of trivia! Thanks! :waycool:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

I think the Valentine and the M3 Lees would make for pretty good tier 3s. I think the FV183 and 113 are some of the best tier nine tanks available. I don't get why everyone complains about the Lowe - sure its slow but that gun at tier 7 is killer.

e: serious for a second I would kill for a tier six Chi-Ri.

Magres posted:

Actually the Lowe is arguable but good lord it should have preferential MM. If you took a KT and gave it shittier armor and made it significantly slower you'd get a Lowe. It's almost Maus slow.

I think the biggest complaint against the lowe is, as Hellsau said, its speed. I was once climbing a hill next a MAUS with my Lowe, and we were neck and neck. Both just as painfully slow. I would pay :10bux: to have a better engine on the Lowe. Its top speed is great.. Its the horsepower to weight ratio that is awful i think.

Other than that, the Lowe is a great tank. Back when I bought it, it was awesome. I am not sure if it is still worth its current price tho(its still 50$ right?)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I am just waiting for WG to patch the replay thing, so that I can start downloading a few of them and hopefully learn a few things. I want to work on improving my stats at tanks until botes comes out. I figure watching better players will help me out. I oftentimes try to emulate what some people do in games, positioning, sidescraping and etc... Seems to work for them. For some reasons, when I try it, it just gets me killed.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

deathbagel posted:

You should have bought the Lowe when it was 7500 gold back in 2011 like I did... best 7500 gold I ever spent!

In the end, whoever bought a Lowe shouldn't have any real regrets. It does what its mean to do, and that is make a gently caress ton of credits. I'm willing to bet one could start the game and suicide rush the enemy base while constantly wasting ammo in the air, and still get ahead on a loss.

Atomizer posted:

:eyepop:

What is this from? :magical:

From The interview.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Magres posted:

I like my credit grinding tanks to actually be fun, personally.

I think the Lowe is kinda fun. Its a very nice sniper than can also be used to race Maus and E-100's. Its not always about Alpha damage, you know. :colbert:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, but when it's not about alpha that usually means it's about DPM, and the Lowe has neither.

To be fair, I don't mind the gun, but it's not a great tank.

True enough. But then again, I would never make the argument that it is a great tank. Simply that it does what it needs to do, and that is allows pubbies like me to make credits past tier 8.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Southern Dandy posted:

It shocks me that they're so blatant with this cash grab. After the WTF-E100, I don't know why it would shock me but this is just "please give us money because we spent too much on planes."

If WG could, they'd send people to turn gamers upside down and shake them until all the money falls out of their pocket. They're often doing specials that really aren't and love nothing more than to discontinue tanks just to create a buying frenzie.

They make me sick and will not get one more cent from ... hey.. what's this? Boats? :homebrew:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

I don't know whats worse, him or your ability to take a simple screenshot.

The comedy value was well worth having to check multiple pictures.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

Honestly, I like WG more than I like a lot of companies. They throw money at museums and historical projects, they make Wehraboos mad as gently caress on a near-constant basis, SerB, and the games are fun if you remove pubbies from the equation (well, Planes could be fun if it was populated and they stopped loving it up).

WG must be trying to compensate for all the times they gave Type 59s out for incredible matches. Charity time!

Admitedly, WG is better than a lot of game company (gently caress you EA). As you said, they do give museums money and work on many rebuilding projects. Its actually a great way to use their profit, and is part of the reason why I keep spending on them. Private enterprise that involve themselves like this need to be supported. They are giving back to society and not just raping it for profit.

Is world of plane really doing that bad? Does it even compare to War Thunder in a favorable way?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
After a series of loss in a row, partially due to my inability to dish out any kind of damage, I decided to take my arty out for a match, hoping for better results.

3 kills, 5 158 dmg later, match turns out to be a draw. Our last TD was just about to shoot their last player, a french arty that was staying very still for the killing shot. Oh why couldn't the match have lasted just a few seconds longer. :negative:

Edit: Its fun being referred to as sky cancer.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 3, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

It is a wonderful feeling to be called that. Especially when you are in an arty that many people thing is terrible (bat 155 58). I have collected two ace badges in it though. Last one had me doing nearly 6k damage.

What is your opinion on the bat 155 58? I've heard people say its awful, while others swear its the best thing since the wheel. How does it compare in terms of accuracy, damage and reload time versus regular artillery?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

btw, just to finish the arty chat earlier a little more clearly. I would say if anyone was to go down an arty tree with the specific goal of having one t10 artillery in their garage, go for the gw e-100. It is the everybody artillery. It has very middling stats and the skirts give you some modicum of defense against non direct hit counter batteries when you forget to move after shooting.

poo poo, I have not bothered moving after shooting in a good long while. Counter-Artillery doesn't seem to be a thing anymore so why bother?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Crash74 posted:

That mod leaves a big red dot on screen of where you last fired at for all the shitters to murder you with, just move after each shot like you used to have to.

Which mod is that?

The Southern Dandy posted:

It's not a thing when there's one or two, but when there's three arty per side you better shuffle. There's always that rear end in a top hat.

JuffoWup posted:

funnily enough, I got just as complacent and got counter batteried yesterday. Was aiming and then suddenly the camera shifted to show off my wreck exploding. Never was spotted.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I got counter-artied... But admittedly, I don't play artillery as much as I used to. Maybe I just get lucky.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a killing spree and blame WoT for it.

Seriously, gently caress every single oval office playing right now.

I highly recommend you try this: Join a match with a tank that has a good amount of hp. Find a random pubbie and insult him before the match starts. Once it does, shoot him just one time. If you're lucky, he will start firing back at you multiple times which will most likely result in him getting a one hour ban. It should make you feel better.

Hellsau posted:

Uh, that's not going to succeed. The reason good players hate pubbie scum is because pubbies do not want to improve. Seriously, just go into a Stronghold battle and explain to them why their strategy failed. Be courteous and polite. The pubbies will just call you f-words and n-words and refuse to accept your help.

Sure, be polite to UGKB or -FU- or VILIN and the other scrub clans that actually try to improve, but you won't get very far. There are far too many FURREs and ARMEDs and nationalist clans who strongly resist advice to make a dent in the playerbase.

The reason the game feels like it's dying is not because of the good players chasing away the bads, it's the bad players chasing away the people who actually try. It isn't just the purples who get pissed at the scum. When I get a 5k damage loss due to my teammates idiocy, I'm mad that my lovely teammates wasted five minutes of my effort. When some green dude loses a 5k damage game (not damage farming), his teammates lost his best ever game. That is much more impactful.

Speaking as a pubbie, I would like to apologize to all purple players like you for loving up your games. Ever since that discussion in which you, along others, made me realize just how much I actually do suck at tanks, I have been trying very hard to improve at this awful game. The situation you are describing actually has happened to me a lot lately and it made me realize just how infuriating it must be for you guys who probably see this poo poo happen 20 times more often than I see it. Seriously, when I see people like Axetrain making more xp on a defeat than I make on most wins.. :suicide:

Please forgive us pubbies for our transgressions.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

No word of a lie, pubbies have this backwards. It's loving incredible.

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing. Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

When I told some guy he sucked for doing that, his excuse was that he was doing it to mitigate damage. I then promptly showed him the error of his ways by doing a full broadside in his face. Too bad it didn't one shot him, that would have proved my point.

drat I miss botes. All of you with Alpha are making me envious.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

demonR6 posted:

That was not uncommon with newer players. Most of us who pay regularly know better and enjoy unloading a full broadside into someone and connecting on multiple hits. I sank a Cleveland last night in one volley from my Fuso. It was glorious.

This latest patch they tweaked the aiming mechanics making it a little tougher to sink every shot all the time. Also and while you are moving and zoomed in on your target is more difficult to get a good bead on it. I like that it's less easy.

I just unlocked the Amagi and probably won't get some sweet sweet Yamato action before the beta weekend next week.

Hope they're not making it too hard tho. That one weekend I played, plenty of my shots wouldn't fully land, which is how it should be in my opinion. Lead was okay, just 1 or 2 shots would tend to go to high or wide, so only part of the salvo's would hit. If they mess with this too much, I can imagine all the people bitching because they can't land all shots in.

xthetenth posted:

Quite likely.

The funny thing is that with about a thirty degree angle off your stern/bow you can get all your broadside onto a dude and still not be showing a flat side to him. People who know more guns = better don't tend to take advantage of that.

Next time I get to play, I'll try that. I tend to give more of a 45 degree angle, which allowed people to land pretty solid shots on me. I can see how 30 would minimize the silhouette even more.

Another nice thing about angling your ship like that, is that a lot of people seem to have a hard time figuring out your trajectory and can't lead properly.

Are torpedo destroyers still such a bitch to deal with? If there was one complaint I would have about this game, is the number of fish in the water at any given time. They might miss most of the time, but its loving annoying to spend as much time trying to avoid them as you try to shoot the prick that launched them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

He is if he's trying to say the tank doesn't have incredibly variable and unreliable upper front armour.

I concur with you. I saw little people reprogramming the code before everyone of your matches.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Lazyhound posted:

I played the WZ-111 for a bit. It's good, but not $70 good; OTOH, it would complete my Type 59 / Type 62 / WZ-111 trifecta. Decisions.

Have you tried logging in lately? My only notification that I'd been accepted into the alpha was a survey sent weeks later.

I'll have to try to log in more often then. Thanks for the heads up.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Stevefin posted:

So to clarify, those who where in the last botes weekend are automatically in the current weekend too, And you will also get alpha access if your name is drawn from the arbitrary hat before open beta

Its official? There's a boat weekend coming up? :sotw:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Help me i am addicted to teamkilling. I killed two dudes in my M12 earlier and didn't turn blue, then it took me FOUR more teamkills in different games, turning blue each time (one of them on the enemy cap!) before I finally got banned.....for one hour.

Teamkilling is too fun.

You are beyond help at this point. Once you realize how easy and fun it is to team kill, there is no going back. The trick is to do so without getting yourself banned all the time. 1 hour may not be much, but it gets annoying when it happens all the time.

Take the 30 second timer to find a likely candidate to troll. The regular pubbies you tend to troll will most likely do fine. Find something to insult them about (Should be easy) and as soon as you can, shoot them once, maybe twice. Often enough, they will start shooting back at you until they either kill you, or get banned for team damage. The feeling is even more rewarding.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CitizenKain posted:

Working on the heavy mission to deal 1k damage and then capture a base. Prokhorovka comes up, I go up on our side of the tracks, deal a lot of damage and move into the cap. All that is left on the enemy team is a single Super Pershing sitting up on the hill, bunch of people are taking shots, but most are bouncing or doing less then a 100. Timer counts hit, hits base captured so I take a pot shot him, he was facing me at a angle, shot somehow nails his side, knocks off 400 health and a teammate finishes him off. Turns out cap points don't count if you kill the enemy tank even after it says you've won. If I hadn't pressed a button, easy money, but no, had to be stupid.

Are you sure about that? I am almost certaint i received capping points in some matches despite the match ending with all tanks destroyed. But i could be wrong.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nordick posted:

He's talking about the personal mission that requires getting a win by base capture. If the last enemy tank is destroyed the game counts it as a win by extermination, even if the base was fully captured first.

Oh... That has got to suck then. Especially considering after reaching 100, there are still about 10 seconds or more before the game ends.

mmkay posted:

They do, they just appear for a really short amount of time. Unless you install a mod.

Wouldn't that mod give an unfair advantage? Are there even rules set by wargamming when it comes to modding their game, or anything goes?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Magres posted:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/272/18/policy-on-prohibited-modifications

Yeah tracer mods are explicitly banned. That said, it's basically impossible to get caught :shrug:

Let me guess... they have no mechanics in place to be able to find out?

mmkay posted:

Also I think EU Wargaming basically said gently caress it, doesn't have a list of banned mods and instead tells the players to ~Use their conscience~.

:vince:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rex rabidorum vires posted:

:getin: I am going straight up the US DD line and torping the poo poo out of every CV I can find.

If we're lucky, we get to keep all the stuff we researched already.. You might already have your DD line started

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Strobe posted:

:frogsiren: BOTES PROGRESS RETAINED, I HAVE A CARRIER BITCHES. :frogsiren:

That is awesome news. I was afraid we'd have to start from scratch.

How are the carriers so far?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

Just wait until you set up a perfect ambush on a higher-tier BB and blow it away with a point-blank torp spread, before he even realises you're there.

Or until you get one of the destroyers with tubes on both sides, and dive between a pair of oblivious BBs and sink both simultaneously.

Remind me to stay well clear of your destroyers if you're on the opposite team :eek:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Missing Name posted:

Actually, run time to arm seems perfectly logical to me. It gives a minimum safe distance for torpedo explosions and reaction time for whatever the target bote is doing. Then again, I am a bote sperg and have been playing Silent Hunter 3 for almost a decade now...

Run time to arm is not only logical, but more realistic.

As a gameplay mechanic, it also gives a better chance for slow lumbering targets like BB's. The way things currently stands, torpedoes are a bit over powered imho. They pack a lot of punch, reload fast enough, and plenty of them can be dropped in the water in a short amount of time. At close range its too devastating. I have no proposed solution as to how to fix them, but something needs to be done.

Regarding Silent Hunter 3, is there a way to make the screen bigger? I recently bought it on steam and it kinda bugs me that the fullscreen mode doesn't cover half my screen (then again, I play on a 40in tv) I used to love that game and wouldn't mind going back to it.

xthetenth posted:

Man if they play to their strengths and I let them they should get arbitrarily punished.

Its not just a matter of playing to their strength. Torpedoes are currently a bit overpowered. Its not really that they do too much damage. I think there's just too many of them in the water at any given time. There are some match in which Cruisers and Battleship do nothing but try to avoid torpedoes and can barely take the time to shoot at stuff.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
What is with hating so much on Germany's WWII fleet?

One must first consider that Germany's fleet had mostly been scuttled at the end of WWI. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling_of_the_German_fleet_in_Scapa_Flow
With that in mind, it takes a long time to rebuild an entire fleet from scratch. Germany partially succeeded at this.

The ships they built were, at the start of the war, some of the most advanced obsolete warships in the world. Sadly for mustachio fuhrer, Battleships had been made obsolete sometime between WW1 and WWII thanks to the development of airplanes. Germany had a grand total of 0 aircraft carriers which meant that their ships could never roam the Atlantic without fears of getting sunk by something that cost 1/1000th of their price tag.

All in all tho, if air power was taken out of the picture, Germany's navy could have inflicted a lot of damage to the Royal Navy.

In all fairness, Bismark and Tirpitz were the most powerful warships of their time. Of course, throughout the war, better ships were being built. The Iowa-class Battleship is a good example. But one must not forget that Bismark-class BB's were designed in 1932 while the Iowa was designed in 1938.

6 years is a long time in war.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

xthetenth posted:

The German WWII designs sucked. The Bismarck was 5000 tons heavier than the Richelieu and got a few debatable advantages and disadvantages. With a weak stern prone to collapse, bad underwater protection and unprotected key systems she was very prone to hits damaging her capabilities, something a commerce raider simply cannot afford, and all of those weaknesses contributed to her getting turned into a smoldering pile of scrap unable to resist by a bloody 1920 design.

Considering it sunk a battlecruiser in under 8 minutes, damaged another one badly enough that it had to withdraw, took a few torpedoes and still managed to sail away... only to be scuttled by its crew after a 10 hour battle in which it was badly outnumbered and reduced to shambles... I think Bismark did okay.

xthetenth posted:

Their cruisers sucked harder. Look at how much more weight the Eugens needed than the British county class cruisers of 1928 to achieve mostly the same thing. Or their American, Japanese (overloaded but they did much more), Italian or French contemporaries. In fact, the Zara and Algerie are very good designs, and the French Algerie is regarded as one of the best treaty cruisers (the Zaras were a radar set away from fantastic). Half again the weight for not much capability if any, and a bunch more crew.

The German destroyers were big fat pigs, compare the 1936-As to the French Mogadors. Weep softly. Move on.

German aircraft carriers were actually just one lumber warehouse with a planned air wing that made British ideas look good. Sorry, but with access to Japanese practice, using biplane torpedo bombers for your scouts is pathetic. And 109s as carrier fighters is a very dubious idea. And guess what? She was way overweight. Half again the weight of the Yorktowns and an air wing of under 50 planes. If you like the small air wing of British carriers and the enclosed hangar with no armored flight deck of the Japanese tinderboxes, this is the lumber warehouse for you.

poo poo, I wasn't even aware that the germans had a concept for a carrier, no matter how lovely it was.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Strobe posted:

So, a post for all you wanna be fighter carrier players out there. A few tips that will generally help you tip the air battle in your favor.

1) Achieve local superiority. This is actually probably the unconscious driving force that most pubs follow instinctively in tanks and botes. Basically it means have more planes in the air than your opponent in one place, and use them to crush his air wing without losing many planes or expending all your ammo. Even if you have better planes than your opponent, always try to make fighter dogfights into 2:1 affairs where you have double the number of planes engaging. They will die very quickly, and you might even win a dogfight against superior planes if you're lower tier.

2) Target bomber squadrons before they go after friendly ships. This may seem like a no brainer, but I've played the game with carriers for all of three days and already seen a half dozen instances of people leaving fighters orbiting friendly ships and forgetting they existed. Flying CAP for a friendly battleship might help you keep your planes moving without some serious micro, but they're also less effective flying CAP than they are shooting down bombers on orders. If you see some bombers out all alone, kill them. Every plane you shoot down is a plane you don't have to shoot down later.

3) Completely destroy fighter squadrons, leave one bomber alive in bomber squadrons. Fighter Squadrons can still hurt bombers even with one plane. It will be slow, but it's possible they could shoot down one or two before they get bombs or torpedoes off. Bomber Squadrons will generally not hurt ships with only one bomb or one torpedo. One torpedo is hilariously easy to dodge, and will do, at most, 10k damage. One dive bomb is barely a mosquito bite to a battleship. The reason you want to do this is that bombers must return to rearm before they can do any damage whatsoever. Bombers are slow. If you kill all but one, that's an entire squadron effectively killed for 40-50 seconds longer than if you'd shot down every plane, if not more, counting the time they have to rearm, relaunch, and in transit both ways..

4) Send your planes on oblique routes. Do not have your planes fly straight line from your ship to where they're needed. It will take a bit longer, but you will remain safer if you head around the edges first. This is especially true of your bombers, but your fighters are good to remember this too.

5) Keep your fighters away from big ships. Seriously, don't do it. Fighters do literally nothing to big ships, and you will just lose your fighters. The only exception is when you have some bombers going in for a run and you want to distract the AA guns on the big ship so that the bombers get a tighter spread on torpedoes. Otherwise, keep them the hell away.

This has been a PSA from your carriergoon.

Following those points will not only allow you to improve your fighting chances with a carrier, but it will also ensure that you are hated just as much as an artillery player in WoT. The pubbie cries in chat will be all in caps.

I would add one thing when it comes to using fighters. Never ever engage against enemy fighters above the enemy ships. Especially not cruisers. You will lose your fighters in short order. In the same vein, try and engage enemy fighters above friendly ships, like cruisers. You will absolutely murder them.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Atal Vataman posted:

shut up about boats shut up about boats shut up about boats

http://forums.somethingawful.com/newthread.php?action=newthread&forumid=44

also, the missions has lead to mass braindeath on the servers. teams are consistantly poo poo. always 3+ arty (guess who theyre focusing), always 3+ lights (who suicide within 2 mins) and heavies who only want to cap. last night had so many uncarriable teams it was sad

Will you stop being so butthurt. People will talk about botes for a while because the weekend beta just went by. Give it a few days without popping a vein in your forehead and the conversation will die down.

Omg, so many crying man-child here.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

See what I did there? I skipped over the whole thing. Didn't even read past the first line.

In all honesty, I feel really tempted to read the whole thing. But I won't, just to prove that its possible to simply skip over a post. Stop being such a cry baby and don't loving read if you're not interested.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 27, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

NotWearingPants posted:

I concur, but it's obviously not going to happen... in this thread at least. We might have a chance if someone starts a new WoT thread.

As stated earlier. If people give it a day or two, it'll die down. As soon as the official beta is out, we'll make our own thread.

PS: Boats beat tanks any day of the week.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Atomizer posted:

I like the Merkava. The chains on the turret remind me of the Predator and his dreadlocks. :3:

Don't know much about the tank itself.. But it is a drat fine lookin' turret. :fap:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
EDIT: gently caress it

Dalael fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

demonR6 posted:

There is no sneaking, if you were in a beta weekend then you get into Alpha by default. Pm me and I will tell you who to contact to fix the forum perms.

Also the only way to get more slots is to sell a botes or buy them with the gold equivalent stipend we get.

Wait.. what?

Are you telling me that I could have been playing botes all this time and was simply too dumb to even loving know?

Omfg! :bang:

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm not sure I want to. I have no technical expertise and Alpha is better left to those who do, since they're testing and reporting on bugs while I would simply be playing and sinkin' botes.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 4, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
After playing last beta weekende, I JUST learnt that torpedoes from torpedo planes can be launched manually. And I was being a retard, trying to fly them coming in from the right direction and at the right angle because simply clicking on a ship and letting the planes do the work by themselves was a sure way to waste a bunch of torpedoes. I was making it so hard on myself for nothing. :argh:

Thanks for this video, I know better for the next one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvvqUvars0

Also, this guy gets some pretty drat nice hits with his BB from a long distance.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

I knew you could manually drop torps, but I kept struggling with it, so I never bothered versus the auto drop stuff. With this though, I'd probably do a lot better. Also, I forgot/didn't realize you could window select multiple squads to fly together like that.

I suspected it could be done, but had never found out how. A few times while I was driving (do you drive a boat? :confused:) my Battleships, I saw torpedo planes drop their torpedoes so close to my ship, there was absolutely nothing I could do to avoid them. I had seen the planes coming for me, started my turn early and yet... The only way to do that would be manual drop. Now that I know how, I can't wait for the next Beta. I was already doing very good with carriers, I can't wait to see how much deadlier I become. Or how fast I get sunk now that more people will know this trick.

The top down view of the carrier makes me think more of an RTS than anything else, so selecting multiple squads was one of the first thing I tried, and I would have been really surprised if it had not been implemented.

Guys...

I miss botes.

WG, take my god drat money and give me the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

sauer kraut posted:

That's the first gameplay of WoWS I've seen yet, not even gonna bother until torps get removed.
How can they make the same arty mistake twice :smithcloud:

If I may, I think it would be a mistake for you not to try the game based on that gameplay footage. The game is very entertaining.
Torpedoes are most likely never going to be removed. Nerfed maybe, but not removed. Most destroyers past tier 3 or 4 use torpedoes as a main weapon. Plenty of cruisers also have torpedoes. They are in here to stay.

Arty in WoT and carriers in WoWS are not the same. The only thing that is similar is the top down view.