Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I've moved back from Canada to Western Australia so playing on the US server isn't really an option. I want to transfer my account to SEA do i just log a support ticket with SEA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

West007 posted:

Why don't you just embrace the sweet release from this terrible game?

I have for over a year, there are some tanks that are pretty fun to play though.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

In the 9.14 patchnotes, there's this interesting item:

"Reduced the number of modules for low-tier vehicles (to facilitate the research process)"

This is an example of what they've done. It's the BT-2.

Is it purely T 1 & 2? I've noticed some pretty redundant things like high XP radio's at T4 that don't carry on to future vehicles. It's really just a trap for new players who upgrade everything rather than getting the hell out of T4 as quickly as possible.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Ghostmonkey posted:

I didn't take it as an insult, was just being jocular.

I read, too late, about the T-60,70,80 path, but rushed headlong into the game in my desire to pew-pew with tanks.

When I first started a few years ago I read the thread and decided I was going to grind the T57 because it was considered one of the better T10's. Starting in lights (apart from the obligatory low tier lights) is a terrible idea. I still think the soviet heavy line/s are the best starting line since the thick armor is so forgiving.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Hellsau posted:

The Japanese heavies are ridiculously overpowered from tier 5 to tier 7. The earlier tiers are hilariously bad (particularly the tier 4) and the higher tiers are also bad (particularly the tier 10).

Wait so the O-Ni is worth getting? I've been running around with the O-I derping everything, it's worth moving up?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Any point unlocking the Churchill Gun Carrier other than getting elite on the Church 1?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Yep, they seem to be expecting us Aussies to buy them since they are fair dinkum Australian and ignore the fact they are terrible. Screw you WG!

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
IS-3A is on sale in SEA, what was the general consensus on it? I've already got an IS-6 but it seems appealing to have basically an IS-3 you can through any crew in.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How exactly are they planning to crack down on illegal mods that way? I don't uite get the "key" approach

At the moment anyone can throw a mod in the mods folder and run it. In future only approved mods will work as part of the game. While people will still be able to produce aim bots, etc they'll probably have a hard time talking to the game (utilizing in game autoaim for instance) though it will still happen. Likewise after updates updating the unapproved mods will probably be a huge pain in the arse as well (so a far more pleasant days after a patch where you don't get auto ammo racked by the same tank).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

McGavin posted:

:getin: About loving time Wargaming, you dinguses.

Still don't understand how this will work when one of the problems is they don't have enough t3 /t4 vehicles in the queue for instance.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Any premiums get a buff in 9.15 that makes them actually decent now?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So it appears pubbies have forgotten how to shoot KV5s. I say this because I marched right down the middle of Sand River dealing out 3k damage and having 1.5k bounce off me. Good times. Still a fun tank. Are the Czech tanks any good? Some of them looking interesting, but with a SP 1C and a Chi Ri sitting in my garage I have enough poor/mediocre tanks to finish.

The tier 6 czech is great fun with the 3 round autoloader. I've heard good things about the T 9 & 10 as well.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

An upgunned KV IS with the speed of a tier 7 medium, the gun of a tier 7 heavy, and armor that may as well be a tier 7 light if you face anything higher than tier 6.

I wonder how many of these terrible tanks WG sell just because people don't want to miss out.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
It's it worth going up to the O-Ho? I've been sitting on the O-Ni for a while because the O-Ho had a bad reputation a year ago has that changed?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Is the 112 worth it after the buff (available in SEA at the moment).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Jingles mentioned a shot trap which Foch never mentioned. Is the shot trap going to be possible to hit?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

warcrimes posted:

The e50, Patton and T-54 poo poo all over it. So does the Skoda T-50. Possibly the WZ-120. I'd rank it even with the Type 61. It's a good tank, just not the best 9 med by a long shot.

e: oh yeah, AMX 30 proto is really good, too

It's been a few years since I played the T54E1 but from memory it was a great mop up tank once numbers had been thinned where you'd jump out and ambush tanks with a clip then run away and reload. It really doesn't thrive in the early game.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
The difference between having sixth sense or not is like night and day. I can't understand why they haven't made any changes to crew skills, we still have a bunch of useless skills that are noob traps.

There is one build for each type of vehicle crew with a little variation for armoured and unarmoured tds. Jack of all trades is going too be even more completely useless once permanent med kits start for instance.

[Edit formatting]

Scapegoat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
With the light tank changes will Bulldog XP be moved to the T71? I've got the crew training at the moment but I could probably turn it off and build up XP since I haven't unlocked the T71. Is the T71 going to magically unlock since I've researched the Bulldog?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Dibs on :iamafag:

It sounds like all XP is going to remain at-tier, so don't bank a ton of it on a vehicle that you know is being up-tiered.

T71 is going too be the new t7 light for both lines so it stays at tier.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Russian heavies are the best learning line with their forgiving armour unlike my original foray into the American auto loaders.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

BadLlama posted:

I put jap flags on my china tanks, every now and then someone goes off.

I put a Shamrock on my Cromwell but it's on SEA so no Irish to trigger.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Is it out really going to matter much if the t10 lights suck? Everyone is going too have grind 200k from their upgraded tier 9 so they know what's coming in the first place. It's like grinding the French td line when you know how the Foch plays.

People who have a t8 are getting a replacement t8 if their tank moves up so they can always sell the one they don't want.

Scapegoat fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 14, 2017

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Picked up a German scorpion the other day. drat that things a beast at all tiers.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

MikeC posted:

does it matter? Its not like WG is not going to keep printing money because a few CCs quit

Nope but they timed it pretty poorly with tank fest coming shortly.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

So I unlocked the T49 but I can't get myself to use my Bulldog crew and sell that lovely little killer machine.
There is no decent US premium tank to train up a new crew is there?

You enjoy the Bulldog post nerf?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Well Australia is finally getting a server for peak hours since the game dies every time the cable to Asia get's snapped

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/wot-au-server-nov-1/

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Cartoon posted:

Holiday mode is garbage. Rewards are (mainly) garbage. Many issues with the vehicles are bugged. They broke the main game in numerous places to implement it. If I had to rate it as an 'event' I'd need negative numbers. Are we going to get granted mission rewards(worth far more credits than the loving broken holiday modes) for missions completed while Wargaming took an explosive diarrhoea in the bed? Yeah right. Is there a university for being terrible at games administration in Belorussia? There loving should be.

The mission is stupidly grindy (crazy thing to say in WoT), WoWS seems to have these PvE events sorted out by not make you repeat them over and over again (get 5 stars and you're done).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Hellsau posted:

anyone want to do a gold calculation to see how much gold you'd get if you have all these tanks already

e: also lol they include the BT-SV but not the Pz2J or any of the "Never Again" tanks like the SU-76I or Type 59 or E-25

e2: no Mutant 6 either which doesn't make sense to me, and no Berlin tanks, okay who the gently caress is this actually for?

Gotta love that they included the camo and non camo for the Patriot and Liberte.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Looking to blow some gold on the current discounted T8 premiums, are any of these decent?

Panther 8.8
Lowe
T-54 Mod 1*
T26E4*
T34*
WZ-120-1 FT
T-34-3
FV-4202*
Strv S1

(Anything with an asterisk I've already got something similar for crew training).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Got a type 4, still grinding the derp but the armour is absurd.

Scapegoat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 30, 2017

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Hmm the new auto-loading constantly tanks they just showed off seems interesting. It will undoubtedly ended up either completely worthless of completely OP.

It could go quite well, I like they idea that having one left in the clip means not being totally defenseless while you fill the clip. The idea that dumping your clip has big repercussions on the reload is a pretty cool idea.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Ferd or JPanther II for T8 German armored TD line?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh god, they're bringing the Chrysler K back tomorrow.

I barely see these things are they as absurd as the defender?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm up to the O-I again, and boy howdy, did I miss my japanese derpguns

I unlocked the derp on the Type 4 and it's just plan ridiculous. Between the derp and the armour there are situations where the enemy heavies has no chance other than watching you slowly kill them with HE every 20 seconds.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I've just ground out the first 190k on the Batchat 12T should i unlock the AMX 30 or 13 90 (want to unlock the Batchat line last since the current crew is going there)

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

AGGGGH BEES posted:

I've started putting spall liners on all my heavies and heavy TDs because I'm tired of arty salivating whenever they see me. It also turns Type 4s from serious threats into welps.

Yer I've been considering swapping my vents on Type 4 to spall liner. Are you noticing a lot less injured crew?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I just unlocked the Sheridan, I get the impression there is no point actually buying it?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I got 4/5 of the T8 prems in my 75 boxes only missing the Swedish Heavy. What are the thoughts on this tank, is it worth max 50 boxes (the videos so far show it kind of dull with a godlike turret)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

McGavin posted:

Those tanks have 0-skill BIA crews, which make them much better than a crew with BIA because they have BIA but don't count as having a skill so the xp required to get to the next skill is exponentially lower. The Rudy is especially great because you get 2 tanks (Polish and USSR) for the price of one. Tier 6 tanks are also the choice tanks for doing Battle Pass missions, so the Rudy and Cromwell B are definitely worth buying in my opinion.

Also not sure how I did it (quite a while ago) but I managed to get a second set of polish BIA crew by moving the crew to another tank / barracks, not playing them switching it back to soviet and then having a patch drop. Wish I could explain it better but I somehow ended up with a spare Polish BIA crew for the Rudy.