Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's too small imo

I also don't get why Nintendo liked those non-round wells for the analog sticks, didn't make any sense to me

they're good for a few things. its a lot easier to hit a direction exactly and stick to it in the hex. it is much harder to circle though.

i like the gc controller but i hate the c stick. I also don't like the digital click when you fully squeeze the analog shoulder triggers. I'd rather there be more shoulder buttons but that's probably just personal preference.

the idea of the gc controller as the best ever seems like it came out of nowhere last year. were people talking about it previously and i just missed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

until school starts back up getting drunk and playing diablo 3 is all that's keeping my gf and i occupied after the bars close

we have a very healthy relationship. i tank, she nukes.

i know the horse skill is sub optimal but i can't stop using it. it's a fuckin horse!

use the 3 horses its better and 3 horses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

The weapon balance in Bastion is fantastic and definitely its strongest point gameplay-wise. They all feel different and useful.

Transistor is also neat but flawed. It has some great moments, particularly the final boss, but the gameplay mechanics fall short of their ambition.

final boss is actually the worst part of the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nah waiting for the ai to play its turn is poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i didnt actually get 2 the final boss yet ive only played transistor for 2 hours

they try something new but its even slower paced than the rest of the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would agree if you moved faster and combat didn't have such long cooldowns. oh and if the sword didn't have those 2 drunk rambling monologues that make no sense but that's probably just personal preference

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accordion Man posted:

This, playing Black Flag right after Mordor really showed how rear end Creed still has jank platforming while Mordor is smooth as butter. I like rear end Creed (Skipped 3) but Black Flag is most likely going to be my last one.

one of the weirdest parts of AC4's movement is how it is sometimes hard to run in a straight line coming out of a turn and your character just weaves back and forth as you over compensate for his sluggish momentum and lovely camera. combine that with the very bad system for interpreting what you want to do when running/jumping on objects and its a disaster.

in mordor you can safely run from a roof to a wire and never accidently launch yourself off and even if you get lost its hard to lose a mission that way. in AC if you miss that wire by a pixel you could end up getting booted to a loading screen from falling behind one one of the dozens of chase missions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Acquire Currency! posted:

Farcry 4 is really good. DA:I is surpassing all my expectations too

agreed on farcry. my only complaint is the gunplay feels a little subpar but i still have lots of upgrades to buy

DA:I is fun but between missions feels like grindy work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can use the touchscreen on controller to control your mouse

DS4 is the best there is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Music Theory posted:

Also you can change what the light on the back does, even if you can never see it anyway.

yeah the fact that the ds4 has like 8 zillion bells and whistles like a light, a speaker, a touchpad, a gyroscope, a headphone jack that headphones can actually plug into, an internal battery (not really a bell/whistle or as big as it could have been but who cares) makes it look like the greatest deal ever compared to the xbox one controller which is a 360 pad with worse shoulders, a required headphone adapter, a d-pad that no longer is a crime against 2-d games but nothing to write home about, and the same old xbox stick drift for the same price plus batteries

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Holy poo poo that was one sentence.

i've been reading too much Caesar lately and his long winded info bomb sentence structure is starting to wear off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eonwe posted:

or giant bomb quick looks

i would love brads opinion on using a dildo for 30 minutes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chicken milenesa torta with a side of guacafuckingmole n chips

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You can still buy Surge? What

it was rereleased amazon sells it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone else know that one couple that wants to play CAH all the time despite CAH not being fun?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its actually really brave that some white people made a list of all the things about other races that are cheeky to pair with the word hilter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oily Krap?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

I like how every black friday the CAH jokesters pull off some cah-razy stunt that totally sticks it to consumerism while also getting them a shitload of free publicity and selling more cards in the process.

did they print "an even bigger blacker dick than the biggest blackest dick" yet because that's pretty much the funniest joke ever after 3 times already and i can't wait to hear what my dumb idiot friend says when he pairs it with "dead baby" "stupid whore" or "lazy mexican" while i humor him and drink and smoke all his poo poo and then leave the game early to bang my wife.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its when reggie hits a fat blunt before introducing a new splatoon trailer at a games show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Got to the vagina monster in dark souls. Solaire and Lautrec bit it early. I killed vagina monster on my own though! This game is great.

they just made it harder for you by buffing his hp. npcs don't have the wherewithal to hit gaping dragon. happens in one or two other fights too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chard posted:

I've been playing Ground Zeroes now that it's on pc and I'm experiencing extreme hype for phantom pain, please feed me gossip and wild speculation about this upcoming video game

you get a puppy dog and bikini girl as friends

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

QA question for people that know how games are made:

who are the people that test AAA games (my only impression is from the movie grandma's boy)?
My first guess would be sweatshop workers in the third world or no one at all in the case of some publishers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

but if you used it you would be playing morrowind which would be a bad thing

Im watching you outlander

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

oblivion was total garbage

Two Worlds was much better

shame about the sequel

Did anyone ever mod 2 worlds to make it playable or less unplayable? The controls are so bad and the enemies at the beginning are so tough.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

I loved the Dwemer area in Skyrim that looked like a giant underwater cavern. I wish it had more stuff like that.

the one where you're stealth killing chud elfs in their lovely little tents?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Excels posted:

morrowind is the game where you chug a million potions and then jump all the way to the final boss

yeah just like real life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only problem with skyrim for me is that i am too stubborn to stop trying to climb over all the mountains on the geometry seams instead of just using the paths and adds a lot of time and frustration to the experience.

the warp through objects while holding a plate and putting buckets on people to rob them stuff was more than enough great fun for me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Excels posted:

game grumps was good until jon left. although it was already getting bad by then. at some point arin got a lobotomy and stopped understanding basic game mechanics

but up to a certain point i really liked them

jontron is better on his own

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A Steampunk Gent posted:

SMT4 is making me its bitch

if you die a few times it will let you play easy mode (after humiliating you a bit)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

Too bad PS+ hasn't been good since 2013

ps3 got a lot of great games in just the past 6 months. more like a drat moron than adam bowen imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a dark comedy soap opera. the first episode introduces every character and they all cry to the exact same melodramatic music.

then an fbi agent shows up and everything gets weird/cool until they reveal the murderer and then you may as well stop watching because the show is about 10 episodes too long.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

Don't stop watching because the ending is really good and hosed up even if the 10 or so episodes preceding it are pointless. Even when the show is at its worst it's still the weirdest poo poo ever on network TV and worth watching for that alone.

sure but the whole series plus movies isn't for the casual fan.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MisterBibs posted:

I'll ask here because I'm phone-posting and that makes searching more difficult:

As I understand the series, Metroid Fusion is the last (chronologically) game, and all the other ones of late have been prequels and interquels taking place before Fusion.

What's the reason why they haven't made a proper sequel? A dislike of Fusion? The fact that Fusion alters how Samus looks? I'm not well versed in the series...

Fusion turns samus into a hybrid genetic freak with an ugly costume that they'd have to retcon and also is tied thematically with other m, the true black sheep of the series through the character of adam so from a concept perspective its understandable why they haven't gone back to continue its story.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Problem Sleuth posted:

I just got a wiiu, what games should I get?

the ones that nintendo published.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i skipped to the end and he's talking about voting with your dollars and i lol'd back here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

This also sounds like a sex act.

:ironicat:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

only a few levels are synced to music and they're rewards for beating a world.

there are a zillion levels and the point of them is to find 10 hidden dudes to rescue while having super fun then replaying them in a mercilessly tough challenge race mode. sorry you suck and are awful at having fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobby The Rookie posted:

The only criticism you could reasonably level at Rayman Legends is that it uses Uplay. It's a pretty flawless platformer, all things considered.

I guess the reward for finding all the little blue dudes is pretty poo poo, but other than that it owns.

finding all 700 or 800 of them is crazy anyway. i got 550 and moved on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

final bonus stages are hilarious (one song splits the screen into 32 smaller screens all of sudden and expects you to do jumps. vision obscuring/screen flipping/fish eye lens are in there too.) they feel great to beat but they're just troll versions of the regular bonus levels and aren't that hard if you are good at the originals.

the only time the game is hard is on the challenge levels (luckily every main level has a challenge version!). there are some that took me longer than whole worlds to beat with a gold rank.

the game has a pretty great difficulty feel if you ask me. also its sense of humor is fantastic and i love a lot of the boss battles (and especially the post boss battle cutscene)

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am playing Transistor and I like this more than Bastion

this is like saying you like taking xanax after a concussion more than cocaine during a bj

• Locked thread