Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

My faith in the good posters of this thread to be able to chat about games without devolving into masturbating about non gaming topics remains unshaken. Much like the Guardian in FF3(6 over in Japan) I am immovable until Kefka's Tower.
I'd actually prefer people not masturbate about gaming topics either. I think even Horny King Edgar from FF3 (Edgar no Hentai in Japan) would agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Today I got my wisdom teeth removed. Without Shovel Knight, I probably would have wrote this day off as the worst of the year because I have felt horrible since I have had the surgery.

Seriously Shovel Knight is really good get it.
I hope you don't get a dry socket, but if you do, consider buying a Nintendo 3DS so you can take it to your oral surgeon's office with you. Get Kirby Triple Deluxe so you will have something pleasing and colorful to play while on painkillers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Play Skullgirls, it's good fighter.
Gas this thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want this thread to be good, but I don't think it will be.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Fantasy 3 understands the issues trans people face in society.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Actually, I'm working on a Confederacy of Dunces game, because I am sophisticated and I like sophisticated jokes like the guy who beats off to his dog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You should take your concerns to my new Boxing Ring thread.

Al Borland has challenged me to a fight because he thinks the Wii U isn't worth the price:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691108#post439548268

I think this would be a good way for all of us to settle our differences gaming wise. Instead of saying Xbox Sucks maybe you and crafty can beat each other up in a game or something then everyone has fun!
IDK why you aren't Games mod yet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

- Putting effort into moderating threads
- Good thread ideas that would add to forum
- Seems to genuinely care about Games
- Not bitter and spiteful yet

These are the exact traits of a good mod.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

don't want a mod that uses slurs thank
I'm not a fan either but it's still a solid choice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread got bad overnight, please gas it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Archer666 posted:

Playing Sleeping Dogs. Game still owns and looks amazing.
It's good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Why do goons slobber all over Sleeping Dogs, is it just because of the glorious asian connection and karate?
It's fun and good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

What's the difference between a character action game and an action game?
Characters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

things that sit on floors: dogs, cats, pigs, trash cans
Uhhhhh what about the freaking Japanese who invented gaming, idiot?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Idiot: "Games are terrible, and I hate them! I don't have fun with them at all, or laugh at the good and funny jokes therein!"

Me: *kills them* *turns up Magus' theme* "You got whacked 'cause you're weak, kid."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

I know that's what I was saying
I haven't played Binding of Isaac but I wish your mom had left you to die in a basement just like the game's protagonist, Binding.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gas, and title the next one "Valve Announces Half-Life 2: Episode 3."

Edit: Or "Supergiant Games Files For Bankruptcy"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Why gas? Other than a couple of lovely people who should probably just be ignored this thread has been fine
Chat threads are better if they're short and frequent than long and endless.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Page length doesn't matter. Once monthly or w/e is fine. It just needs to not be up forever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Post describing how 16 is the perfect number
I don't think we should have an age of consent argument in Games, thanks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

If it's a thread for people to just casually chat about games then there's no need to worry about missing vital stuff or info getting outdated like there is in the big mega-threads. If anything this thread has less reason to be closed and re-opened than most of the active threads in this forum.
I would like to see as many Stux posts gassed as possible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smaller chat threads are way more likely to attract new posters rather than a crowd of regulars. This is why the TG chat threads are way less bad than, say, the CD chat thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yaws posted:

No. This is a dumb idea.
Fact: "Yaws" is an anagram of "Stux"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

the only thing really bad in most of these threads are people complaining about these threads
Same, but all threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Leave it open. (Or, maybe: gas this thread, open a new one, and leave that one open forever.) Gotta let the memes simmer a bit, and having a chat thread prevents the sperg from flying all over the other threads.

Basically the only gas-worthy part of this thread is the constant suggestions that it be gassed. (Well, that, and Stux's posts.) Letting the thread go big isn't a problem because we don't expect/require anyone to read the entire thread -- and, in fact, you probably have a mental issue if you ever read more than a page or two of this thread at a time.
This is the better suggestion, really.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ullerrm posted:

But there's way too much information to decode the Imp Zone. You get used to it, I... I don't even see the posts anymore, all i see is "4chan copypaste," "image macro," "edgy racism."

(Also, keep posting, I'm almost there :fap:)
It's true, that's all Imp Zone is. That's every post in Imp Zone. I can't stop being ironically racist. Look at my post history. It's so racist, and ironic, also.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That place is terrible, I hear the worst forums guy posts there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alain Post posted:

There's a guy there named "Sir AIDS". That's really hosed up, that someone would name themselves after AIDS.
It's more hosed up that he's knighted.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

plz explain why imp zaone hates that i try to talk about games in a fun way tia
You're boring. Sorry, man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

KoldPT posted:

You're too (but in the good way)
I fulfill the niche, other boring posters are redundant.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

jesus christ stop talking about each other's "posting styles" or whatever, do you realize how loving dumb this is like do you even have the cognitive systems to process this
I don't.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

^^ ArfJason is right, this rear end in a top hat has convinced me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

the greatest rts ever made is sid meier's gettysburg
That's not real-time, it's from the past.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've never played a Metal Gear game, but now that they're coming to Steam I think I should. Which ones should I play, and in which order?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

1, then 2, then 3, then either Peace Walker or 4. Peace Walker leads into Ground Zeroes, 4 leads into Rising. Good luck, gamer. Your in for some primo poo poo.
I liked Alpha Protocol and MGS looks similar, so I'm excited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually Transistor was like they wanted to make a game that owned and I think they succeeded

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I remember Serious Sam 1 having really great level design, and every subsequent game having worse and worse design until they decided to go grey/brown modern shooter in Serious Sam 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I just can't get into any game nowadays that doesn't have high contrast and judicious use of color. My eyes get bored real quick looking at washed out brown/green landscapes, which unfortunately is the rule rather than the exception.
You're not alone. More reasons the Wii U is the best console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Don't know about you guys, I prefer Metro/Witcher/Stalker looks to Broderlands/WoW/whatever acid colours your eyesights crave.
I love games that look extremely dull also, and that is why I hate Mario, and Zelda, and Metroid, and Okami, and Bastion, and Transistor, and Far Cry 4, and Serious Sam, and

• Locked thread