Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

i don't recall everything being so damned dark the first time around

and by that i mean i don't recall them using low light levels to censor the Evangelion-levels of blood and human gore

DEADMAN WONDERLAND PLOT HOLE #1
We never find out why the Crimson King massacred an entire classroom full of innocents just to frame this poor bastard and give him Deadman powers

Crimson King wasn't trying to frame Ganta. We can't even be sure that she is aware when she's like this. My best guess is that barring random chance, she was drawn to him, since they used to know each other.

Also, Slimy Bastard just wants him on the off chance that he may have super blood powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MrAristocrates posted:

I've been making fun of the possibility for so long I legitimately have no idea how to react to this.

gently caress, i guess, i dunno

Don't lose your waaaaaaay :unsmigghh:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I know you all are crazy about KLK, so you should probably take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGxk2aUBFQ

Some folks make the sword from the show using a shitload of scissors.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

fade5 posted:

DBZ Kai usually pulls in ~1,000,000 viewers in a post-AOT slot.
How does it do leading the block?

Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,321,000
Naruto Shippuden 1,000,000
InuYasha The Final Act 865,000
One Piece 858,000
Gurren Lagann 747,000
Deadman Wonderland 733,000

You said it yourself:

Everybody knows what DBZ is. Everybody loving loves DBZ, because it's goddamn DBZ. Running home to watch DBZ on Toonami after school was a childhood experience to a huge goddamn chunk of 90's kids (myself included). That nostalgia is still riding strong as hell, and it translates into ratings.

Besides, DBZ is the original Shounen, and it's a legitimately entertaining show, especially since Kai cuts out a lot of the boring filler. (Although I personally think they cut a little bit too much out of Goku's training with King Kai; I mean goddamn we didn't even get to watch him learn the Kaio-Ken in an episode, we saw it in a loving recap.)

They definitely cut too much. They cut out the driver's test episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

fade5 posted:

That's about what's expected actually; ratings drops are sort of built into the block since people start going to bed after [x] show is over. I'm more shocked at the Gurren Lagann drop; I can understand Deadman Wonderland not pulling in high ratings because it's a late-night rerun (although it's doing fairly well even so, and it did only have one showing on Toonami), but there's a lot of people who just tune out after One Piece.

InuYasha's actually doing really good ratings-wise; it was pulling in good ratings even at 2AM, and that's why it got pushed earlier up in the time slots. Inuyasha is sorta like DBZ in the ratings, it gets views just because it's goddamn Inuyasha. OG Inuyasha regularly pulled 600,000-700,000 viewers when it was airing in the 5 AM death slot (compared to the usual ~500,000 of everything else that's aired there). Hell, in one fluke week of June 8, 2013 it pulled this:

5:00 AM Inuyasha 914,000
5:30 AM Inuyasha 866,000
:stare:

I always assume (and hope) that this is because there's a group of Inuyasha fans who have to get up early for work on Sundays and keep these numbers high.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh ye of little fight.

The Kaku fight is amazing. Just you wait.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

they decide to go eat dinner while trying to figure out how to solve the mystery

and if you look in the background, you can see Tony Soprano seated on the other side of the restaurant

"Tony" gets his brains blown out, cue soft jazz and end credits.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Beef Waifu posted:

Hace, I started watching Chihayafuru.

Awesome. It's such a :3: show.

I still don't understand how the game works, but I care so much about whether those dorks win or lose!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh god it's like an itch I just can't scratch!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RentACop posted:

If I remember right, at one point Tien says "just wait till it grows back"

So that's why I'm under the impression his arm can grow back.

Also, they might have put a bit too much on the shoulders of a five year old.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JT Jag posted:

So apparently she's gaining fibers and power as she beats Goku Uniform wearers? So I think it'd be funny if the costume was that revealing at first and as she beats more people it becomes less and less revealing and more of a functional uniform. That's my take as of now!!!

I wish this was what happened, and that by the end she was fighting the Big Bad in a parka and sensible shoes. That's how you subvert genre expectations.

Or maybe like a pimp-rear end floor-length fur coat.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ChumpsForChange posted:

Here is a better thing Trigger made if you haven't seen it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw

Please. Turning Girls is the superior choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEPTJ81LuI

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Chris James 2 posted:

Putting time and effort into following shows that wound up leading to the series finale of Dexter, the series finale of True Blood, and almost definitely the series finale of Glee have put things in perspective for me and I now think SAO was not bad at least in comparison

I am frightened I'll think the same of IGPX if I ever see it

In hindsight, the finale of Dexter just about makes the whole ride worth it for me.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So, your girlfriend turned into eels. We've all been there, buddy.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Giraffes in real life also attack with their necks. However, this absolutely hilarious method of combat is generally reserved for duels between males. When defending themselves from predators, they use their legs, which are crazy strong.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Fun fact: His mother is still alive and well.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JT Jag posted:

Does this guy even have a devil fruit power or does his hair just do that

He can just do that. He has absolute mastery of his body/biology.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That ain't no lady, Sanji.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

Keep in mind this game is Call of Duty.

I gotta know--does he drop the pseudonym Kirito and instead opts for Kiriko?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Remember: He breaks the scouter in his hand in that scene.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MrAristocrates posted:

Also I think the ending of PSG is loving amazing.

The way it takes the piss out of Gainax endings makes up for the few so-so bits.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MrAristocrates posted:

Lucci does not give a gently caress

He's a professional dick.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rhonne posted:

The music in this show is really good.

It's reused a lot, but with good reason. I think my favorite is the fight music that sounds carnival-like. It recurs a lot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Are they consulting the technical expertise of someone who is basically a VR hobbyist?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

THEY SHOULD BE REGULATING THIS TECHNOLOGY, YOU STUPID loving oval office

PEOPLE HAVE loving DIED BECAUSE OF THIS poo poo

King Creep tried to use it to rule the world!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The voice credit for Death Gun is ???????????

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This is a world where you can shoot BULLETS through the INTERNET. VA credits are immaterial now!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TwoPair posted:

And BITCOINS are a LEGITIMATE CURRENCY that PRO GAMERS can earn. SAO is truly a land of wonders.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hold up. She's playing this game as a "kind" of therapy? As she's not in any formal therapy despite having panic attacks if she even sees a picture of a gun. And this has been happening for years

Jesus Christ.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Not exactly sure what this credits sequence is, but I'm going to assume it's Ninja Attorneys.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

is that Ur

is Ur secretly squatting inside Frank's rear end

Ur, does Ignignok know that you ran away from your home on the Moon

Hey, he just ran from one moon to another.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

Sanji's not hurt by the flames on his legs because his heart burns hotter.

That's why.

He's the successor to Red-Foot Zeff. That helps too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Happy mothers day all moms of toonami.

Now I wish "that" episode of KLK was on tonight. You know, for mother's day.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Krillian, stop being so racist.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kid, your entire species could have fit in a screening of Paul Blart Mall Cop 2. It shouldn't be a surprise that they got wiped out so quickly.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

nah, i can sorta buy someone supposedly as powerful as Freeza having telekinesis

i mean, people can already loving hover in midair like they're standing on solid ground, why not be able to move poo poo with your mind

I'm surprised that the others can't do it. So you can fly, fire superlasers, and create spinning sawblades of death, but not cause a paperclip to float intentionally?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Beef Waifu posted:

it's a novel

Barely.

You know, when I saw the first episode of SAO1, I legitimately thought that Klein was, if not the main character, part of the main cast. But this show doesn't have a main cast. It just has Kirito and minor characters.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

blablablabla posted:

This episode is non canon! Cakes mom was that weird hippie chick!

No, the hippie chick was the mother of his girlfriend, who turned out to be his half-sister.

I think.

Also, if canon mattered, the Dean would still be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Your disguise was nearly as bad as Clark Kent's.

To be fair, when he's out of his civvies, no one is looking him in the eyes.

Those glowing nipples...

• Locked thread