Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Aphrodite posted:

What kind of sad person continues to post on message boards beyond their early 20s?

The last time the forums were down for a few days I was barely on the internet because of it. Browsing here has just become a habit over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

"That is not my name" is a pretty boss ending. Also the ending ending with the credits, ending it on Andy. :cry:

It's one of my favorite finales ever. Every time I see it I get chills watching Spartacus crest that hill.

One of my favorite things about Spartacus is the major beats of the story are pretty accurate to recorded events. History is cool guys. Basically just give me my show about Viriatus please. Please. Or Quintus Serotorious.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 5, 2015

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

Would she even have time between The Talk, Archer, and Who's Line?

She also does a solid podcast every week. And wrote a book in the middle of all that in 2013. While still doing stand up shows. She's kind of ridiculous.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Is a great comedian but filled with old man opinions. In a vacuum he's a great fit for a show like it, but the current audience wouldn't like him long term.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I've really been enjoying Better Call Saul and it's making me think about Breaking Bad - should I go back and watch season 4 episodes 2-12 and season 5 episodes 1-13?

Because I skipped those ones.

That's a thing I actually did.

Yeah you're cut off sorry.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Sober posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

So that is a thing. It might be a little too GRITTY REBOOT for some people but I thought it was pretty cool, didn't overstay its welcome and all that.

I really like Joseph Kahn and how much he loves being ridiculous. This would have worked wonderfully as a James Van Der Beek movie in Don't Trust the Bitch.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Cougar Town combined Subway product placement and Community in one scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHMevIkl7g

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Kimmy Schmidt is fantastic and I'm on episode 6. It never would have survived on TV though and I can't judge NBC for passing. Network TV isn't about quality.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

Haha james Van Der Beek? Should I watch this show?

I can never tell when I should take him seriously anymore. That does't mean I don't love the dude.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The last season is up there with the best, and Spartacus has one of the most satisfying finales in television. It's worth getting through the slow point in season 3.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Jeselnik's show getting no ratings was so predictable I feel bad for the people who thought it was a good idea. So dumb it's cute.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mo0 posted:

God's Not Dead is on Netflix, if you want to watch Kevin Sorbo be a prick mixed in with something that felt like twelve unrelated subplots.

That movies hilariously awful.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Emilia Clarke gets $7 million/season for GoT :stare:

Good for her get paid.

Sucks that it fell apart because of money. Maybe there's a chance Showtime caves a bit.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I was so happy when this happened. Of course that guy wasn't just going to lay down and burn.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm so happy. I honestly never doubted it would get renewed and I'm glad my blind faith was rewarded.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I finished all 3 seasons of Vikings and now I"m sad. I'm thinking of starting Black Sails but the first 2 episodes are so loving boring and it looks really cheap. I figured a Michael Bay show would have some cash behind it. Vikings spoiled me with how beautiful it looked at times. Everyone film their shows in Ireland. It's worth it.

Black Sails is much more of a slow burn the first season, but the second was a lot more active.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

The West Wing characters talk about their degrees more than any other show.

That's just Sorkin in general. If you went to a bad school you don't matter in his world.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

xcore posted:

Yeah, I've just started watching the Central Park Five documentary which is doing a pretty good job of painting a picture of the racial/social climate of New York when this series is set.

I don't doubt it's just as bad today. The whole thing echos the crazy "We the People" Mexican border miltia stuff going on today. I just expected a little better from educated, liberal New Yorkers (NYC is Blue yeah?) as opposed to bible thumping gun-toting southerners.

Yeah I mean I get it's a common misconception, but travel and talk to people more. People are idiots everywhere. Blue and Red state doesn't matter in local politics most of the time.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Aug 19, 2015

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

This Hulu season of The Mindy Project has been pretty great. I sporadically watched it before, but I've enjoyed this entire season. Plus Garret Dillahunt has been a wonderful addition to the cast, especially in the last couple of episodes.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail is one of the best weekly stand-up shows ever, if not the best.

Granted there's not a ton of competition, but it stands out and it never wastes your time.

I've been meaning to check that out for a long time because I love Kumail and stand-up, but I honestly thought it was a different Jonah. He was always such a nothing on The Nerdist. Is he funny on the show?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Nice way to gently caress the crew out of a few months of guaranteed work.

The planned last episode of the season airs soon. They were all done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Boatswain posted:

Anyone watching Casual? I really like it, although it is depressing as gently caress.

Really like it. Those grandparents are some of the most hatable characters I've seen in a while.

• Locked thread