Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

ModeWondershot posted:

Though it is fairly recent, Crypt of the Necrodancer was designed in part with speedruns in mind, so I will be looking out for that one.

Same here. I'm wondering how that one's going to be speedrun. Also looking forward to the Awful Games block -- Karnov in particular.

I designed another Save The Animals shirt this year, but with a bit of a twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

The Yetee's site keeps going down. They recently moved to a new cloud server to prepare for the AGDQ onslaught but they're still getting hammered. On the plus side, despite the issues, they're selling shirts faster than ever and have raised over $6500 already.

ETA: My design's been mentioned here before but what the hell, plugging it again 'cause it's for charity.

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq/

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 5, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

Pacman 2 was definitely one of my favorite runs from last year, but a lot of that was Murphgator and Portaxx.

She's gonna try to appear during the Awful Games block again this year.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Zurreco posted:

It looks like every logo for every TV show from the early 90s, though none of the ones I just looked up match it. It's kind of driving me crazy with how familiar it is.

It's not a direct reference to anything. Just supposed to look super 90's (I followed the artist's progress for this design).

Regarding the shirts, I'm also tired of black T-shirts. I try to avoid it, but so many of my designs just happened to look best against black, or parodied existing designs with black backgrounds (Metroidvania/Metallica, the SaveKill/God Save The Queen). For SGDQ I want to do something brighter.

I actually did two mockups for Save or Kill, since there's two styles of God Save The Queen shirts:

The Yetee liked the one on the right better. I like white shirts myself, but they like to stay away from them because they sell so poorly.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 7, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

The Secret of Monkey Island is that DKC is monkey island.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Am I reading it right that the next game has an ESTIMATE of 5 minutes? :psyduck:

I believe the last time it was run in a GDQ, it ended at something like two minutes.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Al Borland posted:

:negative:

No...
no....

They released a more tasteful pic for New Years!!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Walkin Goon posted:

Requesting a Pacific Rim photoshop of these guys drifting with a mecha-tetris cabinet.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

deadpan posted:

That would be a brilliant design idea for a AGDQ 2016 shirt if it wasn't for all the trademark/copyright issues.

Actually since it's a parody, as long as it doesn't use trademarked words like "Tetris" or "Pacific Rim" it would be fine.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

Last minute shirt design!? :dance:

Hmmmm maybe, the Yetee did release a last-minute Kill The Animals design midway through SGDQ...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

dijon du jour posted:

e: Hey, was that Portaxx in the ugly shirt?

The ugly shirt should tip you off that the answer is yes :v: I think she's going to be on the couch during Swamp Thing.
ETA: nevermind, found out she's just hosting the block.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 8, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Everybody's got to wear blindfolds now. By AGDQ 2016 it'll be AGDB.

Blindfolded Tetris Grandmaster for AGDQ 2016.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

Last minute shirt design!? :dance:

Just an update: this is happening.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Always throws me off that there's a retro game speedrunner called Dexter since that's my nickname for another retro game speedrunner, Omnigamer.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Okay this is the best mashup.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Poultron posted:

Yeah, this is a really fantastic game. The music is top notch as well.

One of my friends worked on this game. You can bet they had fun with the outrageous stereotypes.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

My bonus shirt is up:
http://theyetee.com/agdq/detail.php?itemid=AGDQ15-BrickCompatible

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

MVP posted:

How can you take someone else's IP and make money off it lke the Yetee/Video Game mascot subscriber emotes?

Does everything fall under parody and satire and companies don't give a poo poo?

If it's a clearly a parody/satire, or the art style is different enough that it can't be confused with official merchandise, and no trademarked words are used (e.g. in this case, can't put TETRIS GRANDMASTER or it) , it's fine. Some fan merchandise companies are more careful about it than others though.

Thanks to everyone who's bought an AGDQ shirt by the way. So much charity money's been raised through them.

beep by grandpa posted:

Hello zari-gani, I was on the phone with a friend almost crying into the phone about his woes finding a job and I scrolled past this image and burst out laughing at him and it took me a minute to collect myself, thanks!

I'm sorry for breaking up your friendship

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 9, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Schurik posted:

The raven on the planet is the best one.

I was so happy when he re-appeared in Paper Mario with all his mini-raven buddies.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

What does she actually do when she's not drawing AGDQ banners or talking about bad games?

Freelance and indie game art.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

They aren't stepping in unison :catbert: goddamn it Yetee

They are. The guy on our left has his right foot forward, but because of the angle and foreshortening it's kind of hard to tell. I used a screenshot from the movie for reference, but I guess I could've pushed his left foot back more to make it more apparent. I had a VERY limited amount of time to whip this design out though, so I couldn't really refine it...

Anyway, I love Werster and his Pokemon runs so I'm glad I just woke up in time to see it.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 9, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

The Kins posted:

Just off camera - a laptop loaded to Bulbapedia that Werster's reading off of.

If this were true, he'd be saying stuff like:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Serperoth posted:

This feels kind of obvious, but I'm kinda curious. Will the AGDQ shirts be sold until the end of the stream, or will they roll over, so to speak, towards the bonus stream as well?

I was told they're available till January 12th.

Zurreco posted:

I just noticed that they don't have links to the sponsors under the stream. Wouldn't it be easier to say "find links below" instead of spelling out The Yetee every time?

They could, but a lot of viewers watch the marathon from the Twitch front page or the Humble Bundle site, so it's safer to spell out the link.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Cool to see not one but two people wearing my Wondershot shirt! I guess because it's the final day of AGDQ?

ETA: Oh god the baiting for "Best Final Fantasy" comments.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 10, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

androo posted:

GJ on the shirts. Which other ones did you do?

http://space-coyote.tumblr.com/tagged/shirt

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a great bait to get people to donate more though.

That's the beauty of it. Opinion battles are great for that, and Best FF always gets people going, whether the comments are serious or jokey.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Dodecalypse posted:

What's with the posing guy with the purple hair? Are they making an album cover?

I was impressed by his perfected hair toss.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

RIP AGDQ 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

flyboi posted:

Got my AGDQ shirt zari-gani's work is amazing as usual

Thank you, you're the first person to show what it looks like with the lights off. Can I post this on my twitter? (My shirt hasn't arrived yet.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

flyboi posted:

Sure go for it. If you want I can redo the lights-off pic and doctor it so it shows up a little better

That's okay, I can raise the contrast a little in Photoshop. Thanks again.

• Locked thread