Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Not sure of the source, but speaking of RR:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

goatface posted:

It would hurt though, and being Captain America means not letting your 'buddies' get unnecessarily hurt.

Awww, Bucky.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I've been wondering that about Shazam.

You rang?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Goddammit, that's the first 3rd party figure I've ever wanted.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The gently caress is that stronghold stuff? Also, the doggie gets implanted, right? :(

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

My favourite thing about stronghold (Apart from the ending which is awesome and belongs in the badass thread) is the scientist also created this 8 foot tall super alien killing robot.

And whenever he met Jerry (the Xenomorph looking robot) he would go into alien killing mode. Until Jerry told him to stop and he'd say
"Xenomorph is talking. Xenomorph are incapable of talking. Conclusion, subject is Jerry."

Like this scientists builds this ultimate killing machine, but gives him the ED 209 level of intelligence.

drat good thing they didn't film the version of the script where the alien reports in as ripley

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Cangelosi posted:

...how drunk do you need to get to end up on another planet?

Ask Dave Lister.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What a loving comic book.

The one time I was hoping for awful female superhero costumes.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

If it makes you feel better, she will likely stay for ~5 issues, then the curse of Rat Queens will befall her as well.

Remember when Rat Queens was supposed to be 10 issues a year?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

I know what this is from, but I can't remember. Hellblazer?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
From Deadpool 2008 number 57:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Man, I think I'm done with Rat Queens. The artwork is really just not doing anything for me at all, anymore.

You shouldn't be jacking off to cartoon characters, anyway.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
All new X-men #21:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

(Lois Lane #79)

Fucker never watched Bad Santa

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Avenger's Academy Giant Size # 1

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Avenger's academy # 38. Gambit gives romantic advice:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

He's taking the photo.

He watched Peter Parker's photography technique, and forgot how to how to hold his farts in. Now the other rogues call him AssBlaster behind his back.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Dungeon Meshi v1 #1

So you're an adventuring party, you're low on supplies and money and need to go rescue a party member! What're you going to do?
(manga right to left reading order warning)

Eat the monsters. :unsmigghh:

Goddamn, dude, we have a manga/anime subforum. Don't put that poo poo where humans have to look at it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

From civil war Heroes for Hire # 3. Captain America is in Paladin's costume.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

While this is 616 Punisher doing the deed, I like to think newspaper spidey world's Punisher thinks Spidey is the one causing the world to stutter every three panels and is trying to stop his evil schemes.

Edit: punisher war journal 1, civil war tie in.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I didn't say he wasn't an incredible influence who did amazing things in the field, I just don't like how he draws average faces. Kirby is King, with one weakness.

I mean, you also love hosed-up anime...

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Astonishing X-men #27

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 9, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
There were occasional good character moments in the whole run of issues 1-43 of astonishing x-men. I really don't understand why there was a huge loving jump between kitty getting launched into space in a bullet and the weird art change, though.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

It is hilarious.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 17, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

trashbuilder posted:

The Fix was really good and I hope everyone picks it up, it's like they learned from superior foes and made something even more interesting

Do you think nick spencer can keep to a schedule, or is this going to be a 10-issue-a-year book that takes almost 3 years to get 18 issues out like Rat Queens?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

zoux posted:

Nick Spencer doesn't write Rat Queens?

No poo poo?

It's a creator owned book, and the team has a lot more leeway with deadlines than anyone at bigger publishers, so I have to assume they're going to be poo poo at getting books out on time unless someone can vouch that they're reliable.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Rat Queens just has issues with accidentally hiring controversial artists. If they could get a good artist who didn't do anything bad ever they'd be back on one issue a month easy.

Rat Queens has way more delays than can be blamed on controversial artists. Either Wiebe can't deliver a script on time, or he picks the slowest artists ever. If it's the first, he needs to get on some Ritalin to keep him on task.

zoux posted:

So you would've said the same thing to the announcement of literally any Image comic?

No, just ones that look really cool that I think I might like to get in on the ground floor, RE: reading.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 13, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
A+X#15.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

zoux posted:

A+X was a really solid comic.

Like too many things, it was taken from us too soon.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Lady Cop was in an episode of Arrow this season.

She was dirty and murdered drug dealers to steal their drugs.

Dammit, between this and Neal McDonough, now I have to make it the rest of the way through the lovely parts of arrow.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here's the letter I just sent off to Marvel:

quote:

Hey, guys:

In the spirit of Steve Rogers' recent super edgy reveal, here's some other ideas:

A) what if Luke Skywalker was a secret Sith Lord before he met Obi-wan Kenobi?

B) what if Optimus Prime was a Decepticon all along?

C) what if Axel Alonso is secretly working for DC Comics?

D) what if Captain Kirk was a secret Klingon?

E) what if Freddie Mercury from Queen was secretly Prince in disguise?

F) what if Dr. Doom was secretly Willie Lumpkin in disguise, trying to keep Mr. Fantastic from turning the Thing back into a normal man?

G) what if Ozymandias from Watchmen was secretly behind the giant alien Squid that attacked New York City in that miniseries? (Sorry, I've been informed that that's actually what happened.)

H) what if Peter Parker travelled back in time to kill Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy so he could get Mary Jane to go out with him?

If I come up with any more hot takes like that, I'll write in again.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

X-O posted:

Quit bitching and post funny panels.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Welp, Ryan North called it:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
As someone who loves what they're doing on Bojack Horseman, when I try to binge watch that show, I wish they had a caption option that just permanently overlays a section of the screen where action isn't happening with the phone numbers for the national suicide prevention hotline and a liquor store that will deliver to my house.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Being completely fair if you couldn't defend yourself publicly revealing that you can grow crops is a one-way ticket to the bottom of a G-Men bunker growing an inexhaustible supply chain for our boys overseas.

gently caress revealing poo poo, if I could super-garden, I'd be super-gardening weed and shrooms.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
ANAD Avengers right before the pleasant hill crap.

New avengers during the pleasant hill crap.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

My mother and father in law got me this for Christmas. It's the one with the cakes. I love it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Onmi posted:

Kenan is kind of a dick, but watching him get a lesson in humility is fun.

Also him not understanding a thing Lex said is also hilarious.

What book is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

The movie is slightly overdone even by the standards of the series, but is a pretty good way to get a feel for it if the goal is to try before you commit to the deluxe Blu-ray box set which I definitely don't lovingly display on my bookshelf where it can be quickly accessed at any time.

Lmao if you don't have it hidden behind a bookcase that opens when you open a bust of William Shakespeare and turn a switch.