Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the old version of the boardgame Life had one way of winning money involving uranium mines.
I grew up with a family board game called 'Careers' and an entire career pathway was "become a uranium prospector". It was the most financially profitable career on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Darthemed posted:

Monster Menace #2 (1994; reprints)
I will not disagree that if you watch the nineties FF movie you can indeed see every single dollar they spent on it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Alhazred posted:

In the Marvel continuity Captain America punched out Hitler, Frank's line isn't as devastating as he thinks it is.
we all know how effective punching people is at solving international war crimes and genocidal nation states.

What If...? v2 #1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You must be fun at funeral processions.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i meant in the very literal superhero sense where captain america punches hitler in 1941 and then hitler's just the leader of nazi germany for four more years before an android burns his original physical body to death

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Look, Terry Gilliam is doing his best.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Argue posted:

Forget that, I want to know more about this
oh that's easy, dino manelli is a character from sergeant fury that was "inspired" by dean martin.

the comic is Punisher Meets Archie

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uW47jWLMiY&t=4s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

This would ring more true if she wasn’t currently an immortal living on gently caress Island
Started from the bottom now she tops.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

In all the panels I've seen where GL is knocked out knocks himself out on a piece of wood, it's just a regular bump to the head that would knock anyone out. Is it implied that he would have been OK, had he bumped his head on something other than wood? Can a building just collapse on top of him and he's fine because he isn't weak to wood anymore?
That's actually where his weakness to wood comes from - he got slugged with a baseball bat or something in the first issue and knocked out like a regular person so when he woke up he was like "holy poo poo, i'm weak to wood" and then the ring made it reality until he stopped believing it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

How do the wheels work?
they don't actually turn there's just hundreds and thousands of microscopic plastic man feet at the bottom of them that run really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

my lungs are fine, why do you ask

[Fantastic Four #23]