Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No worries, he handed her a protein bar right after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Might as well link it at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aoWVRhgEqI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Those sound effects are called onomatopoeia
:goonsay:

To find the proper spelling I googled "onamaptoei". Nailed it!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That brings tears to my eyes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I used to watch ol' Batman as part of a Saturday morning block at the start of the nineties. That was back when we had just one commercial television channel, all the others were state-owned or foreign. I'm guessing it was a cheap way to fill the airtime.

That was a recurring theme as we got more and more TV stations. Several years later one of them aired The Guyver anime on Sunday afternoons. It was a bit more violent and featured more screaming than what we usually got, I'll tell you that much.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

If you aren't following the Newspaper Spider-Man thread...

Synthbuttrange posted:

WE'RE GETTING A FULL SUNDAY PAGE OF ROCKET FIGHTING A DOG

...you are missing out!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

That last panel....
So much potential for photoshopping...
Can't compose my post....
Laughing too hard!

Hell yes, just knock the R off brand and it's already amazing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I like that Wages of Fear/Sorcerer reference.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

That Broker guy looks familiar. Is he someone I might have seen elsewhere, or is it just a general Sinestro-ish design?

He's the broker from the first GotG movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dave Syndrome posted:

Same in German. Up until the 80s/90s, Spidey was known here as "Die Spinne" (The Spider), which was weird because we have those gender-specific articles, and "die" is female.

Some covers:
http://www.wmca.de/cover_galerien/spinne/cover_spinne_1.htm

Doktor Unheil :doom:

A lot of these covers say that it also features the adventures of Aquarius. Is that a Marvel hero or was it an original creation they tacked onto it? Edit: Oh, it's Namor.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 5, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I have questions.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Thank you all for the answers, it was a very confusing and silly panel before (well, it is still silly, but that's what makes it funny).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

What would Thor even keep in those pouches? Extra Mjolnirs?

Hammerspace.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Selachian posted:

Billy Batson, huh?

He goes "SHAZAM" every time he sees those breasts.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Look at those two olds who clearly never chilled and got faded. You gotta relax and let the herb do its magic, dudes.

e;f,b

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Batman's Shameful Secret › Post Funny Panels - Funny Comic Panels only? No! edits!

Brought to you by Lionel Hutz.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Action Jacktion posted:

A happy ending:

I was not expecting a PG reference to The Exorcist, holy poo poo.

Also the epilogue should be “the princess proceeded to be kidnapped by Bowser a dozen more times”.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ah, the old "stalling before the weekend comic" comic.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Who is this guy? I’ve seen his stuff around. Is he satirizing lovely editorial cartoonists? Or, god forbid, is this stuff genuine?

His name is Kelly and his cartoons are published by The Onion. I hope that answers your questions.

e;f,b

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I wanted to make a joke about him adding cayenne pepper to everything, but of course that was the joke made in the episode.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Infinitum posted:

90s TMNT comics were the bessssttt

But very confusing when one of your parents picked up a random issue to keep you entertained during a holiday. Why are they fighting in some intergalactic arena? Why are they wearing these outfits, so I can’t tell whose who? Why is a gigantic floating cow head transporting them around?

I was so used to the cartoon and games that I really had no idea what was going on.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It’s also easy to see from every angle, unlike the eyepatch/bandana combo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

Morbius is the result of a scientific treatment gone wrong, giving him superhuman abilities, aversion to light and the need for blood to survive, though.

Completely different to vampires.

He doesn't even need blood, just this "plasma" thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBN1uDbVN1Y

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Is he grabbing a piece of cloth in embarrassment because his pants are falling apart???

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Super-Heroes #8 (1992)

The start of a beautiful friendship.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm loving dying here.

Ah, the Necksnap.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That Ahegao vs Predator cover really exists?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I assume that is Kingpin pinned by a Kingpin statue.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Banner Comics #3 (1941)

:eyepop:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Green Green Lantern L.E.G.I.O.N.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Seven or eleven, snake eyes watching you
Double up or quit, double stake or split,

Darthemed posted:

The Blue Beetle #12 (1942)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 14, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Most cartoon intro songs didn't go as hard as Bucky O'Hare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3lUzIB9JQ
("Righteous Indignation" is the name of the ship)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 26, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lobok posted:

I imagine this guy ends up like the crew of the Event Horizon.

I imagine it's like the planet where time moves slowly in the movie Interstellar.

"Wait... where is everything? And what is there way in the distance?"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That looks like Gravity Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Someone post the newspaper Spider-Man panel that features a shrunk Spidey with a similary sized Scott Lang and Hank Pym talking about the proportionate strength of a spider (iirc).