Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lurdiak posted:

Very directly, actually. And just like all shows with giant robots, it was a decision from Hasbro to sell more toys. The Spidey live action show was originally going to be much closer to the source material, but they were like "we need to sell giant robot and monster toys, rewrite this poo poo". Then it was apparently enough of a hit that the sentai series was born.

Yay yay yay, wow!

From what I heard, actually the writers couldn't think of any good spider themed finishing movies so somebody just said "you know what's cool? Giant Robots. So how about the monster just turns 50 feet and Spiderman has to get into a giant robot to fight it?" and the rest is history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dolash posted:

Where does Deadpool even find this stuff on short notice?

How do you find a car in GTA on short notice?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 15, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Seriously though if Ryan Reynolds doesn't Shoryuken a dude in the Deadpool movie I will consider it a failure.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gavok posted:

Going back a few pages for Chamber talk.

He speaks telepathically, which led to a nice issue back in the day when he was at a store, wearing a scarf over his face to cover his mutation, and he asked this young woman a question. Even though he looked normal enough, she panicked and ran out the building, almost getting run over by a car. It turns out she's deaf, so when she heard him "speaking" to her, it caused her to freak the gently caress out. Then they started dating.

Anyway, funny panels. This is from the Badger #65. The Badger is a superhero from the 80's who is kind of like an amalgam of Deadpool and Animal Man, minus the fourth wall part. In this issue, the Badger crosses paths with Elvis, who turns out to be alive after all. Badger becomes his bodyguard as they go after the Colonel (who as it turns out is not Colonel Parker but Colonel Sanders). Then Bruce Lee, also surprisingly alive, joins their party. They go to the Colonel's mansion and are met with his enforcer, Jim Belushi's as Samurai Futaba.

And no, Lanier Lutefisk was never mentioned before this or ever again.

loving Canadians, man.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I like that Loki is on the list. It wouldn't be the weirdest thing he's done.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

I thought Loki was on the list because he's literally turned himself into a woman on several occasions.

...and once gave birth to an eight legged horse.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TheJoker138 posted:

They first showed signs of being worth a drat way back in the day, but then went dark again for over a decade...

Sega basically said "get your poo poo together or we pull the licence to Sonic the Hedgehog."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Given his origin story involved spaceflight he's being a bit precious about drinking recycling urine.

It was a teleporter accident in the Ultimates universe.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Say Nothing posted:

Source, um? Not a real comic probably.

Well obviously not, it has "A Callen Parody" at the bottom.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

Fury is one to talk.

NO, Stark makes them, Fury does however buy them in bulk.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Saoshyant posted:

Uncanny X-Men #14 (2012)

I wonder how he keeps all the Creeds form killing each other. I mean the Logans easy, just toss in some cigars and beer every one and then and they are happy but Creed is a completely different story.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So how does Tony even go the the Bathroom in that suit?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Cangelosi posted:

Ya know, I think we need to hear Walter White's opinion on this matter:

Source: Brendan Tobin

You know Breaking Bad would have been the best show on television if it had actually been about making Twinkies instead of meth. But only if they had changed that and nothing else.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

theflyingorc posted:

At least one of these two teams should include Ash of Evil Dead fame.

The 90s one seems a lot less good than the 80s one. The 80s one is about 2 degrees from believable.

Also where the hell is David Bowie in either of them?
Hell you could probably make a League of Extraordinary Bowies?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think you need to post the whole thing. Because it's just the best.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Saoshyant posted:

Happens all the time.

I like that imagine that Jameson is just shouting "PARKEEEEEER!" as it rolls on past like nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Random Stranger posted:

(Lois Lane #79)

Note to self: when visiting The Daily Planet, never accept anything anybody offers you to drink or eats. It's probably spiked with LSD.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 13, 2016

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh jeez, Jimmy, not again. The coffee pot? Really?

loving autocorrect.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Mimes are not human, everybody knows this.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Shakenbaker posted:

I don't believe a word of this.

basically DC got it's head stuck up it's own rear end with their characters cultural importance and status of superhero comics as a modern mythology and have taken it way to loving far.

See also Batman Vs Superman.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2016

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well only if you limit it to western cultures.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

WickedHate posted:

I feel an odd physical attraction to that last panel of Loki, which is disturbing in it's own right.

No, that's normal. everyone feels that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's a Nick Fury sale on at Comixology https://www.comixology.com/Nick-Fury-Agent-of-S-H-I-E-L-D-Sale/page/11665?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw, so I picked a comic at random, looked at the preview pages and met this..

Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. #6

That speedo explains a lot actually.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 2, 2016

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Batman is a Jojo.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Android Blues posted:

Deathstroke is not cool, has never been cool, and every time he shows up in something I kinda groan because I know it's going to try to make him look cool.

His appearance in American Alien was a welcome exception to this rule.

e: to be fair, he probably was cool at one point, way back, when he was primarily a villain for the Teen Titans. Since then, though...

He also was good in the second season of Arrow, what helped was that he was just fighting Green Arrow who was just a normal guy and it took place before metahuman existed as a result it actually felt like he was against a credible threat.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He also seems to have a bad case of morning wood too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

mind the walrus posted:

Goggles guy on the left is the best for the total shock and awe reaction, like Spiderman's denial of bootyliciousness is as shocking as him pulling out the ultimate nullifier. Everyone else is just "what is this bullshit?"

Lockjaw just looks more like he's disappointed to me.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Convenient sign, really. Has a thousand uses.

"Open"
"Unless you're John Constantine"

"Restroom for customers only"

"No Smoking"

"Give me your tired, your poor"

Plus of course: "Abandon all Hope, ye who enter here"

"Happy Hour: 2-4"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bunnyofdoom posted:

"I wanna be everyone's friend"

"Unless you're John Constantine" is probably a smart clause to have added onto that given what normally happens to his friends.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lurdiak posted:

I'll watch Ant-Man and Age of Ultron back to back before I rewatch Dawn of Justice.

:agreed: I mean bitch all you want about Iron Man 2, I'd rather watch that over any of the three DC movie we got so far.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Because Johnny Storm will sue the poo poo out of him if he calls himself Mr. Fantastic.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Scaramouche posted:

I gave up on Batman after We Are Robin, is that guy in yellow with the bat-chuks Duke?

No, that's supposed to be Dick, believe it or not. And this came out in the nineties.
EDIT; Oh wait you were looking at the thing from the last page.

Honestly I would have thought that Bruce would have a taste for classic British punk from being raised by Alfred since he was eight.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

flosofl posted:

Spider-Man and Deadpool vs. Santa

The whole issue is magical. (Spider-Man/Deadpool #12)

Glad to see I'm not the only one still a little salty about Batman vs Superman.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Section Z posted:

An entire house full of far more expensive things.

But Kiteman, master criminal that he is. Can sense that stealing a woman's pearl necklace right off her will really make Batman mad.

Hey some people are in it just for the thrill.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The only thing disappointing about Marvel's Conan the barbarian comics is that since they also owned the rights to Transformers at the same time, we never got any panels featuring Conan riding Grimlock.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Or the inhuman that turned into a teleporting dog.

Man, inhumans can get a really bad roll on powers.

That got retconned shortly after it was introduced. Lockjaw has always been a huge dog. They just told The Thing that as a joke.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly that. Grant almost being too dumb to function is practically a running joke in "The Lazarus Contract."

Slade ends up stealing Kid Flash's powers and going back in time to try and save Grant's life. By the time we as readers catch up to them in the last issue, Slade has had to try to do it three times, because every time he's tried, Grant is too dumb and stubborn to listen to him.

You know at some point you have to wonder why Slade just doesn't go back in time to the night Grant was conceived and gives his younger self a condom saying "trust me, the kid's not worth the effort."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

zoux posted:

Rocket #2

That is pretty much season 2 of Daredevil in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd be more interested in the Vegeta/Batman scowl-off.