Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

LPL English Stream is live friends, come watch Spirit vs Kakao/ Save Rookie!!
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Watching this game after watching Jin Air/Najin Game 1 is giving me whiplash

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I feel like it's a waste to give XWX Lulu...

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Crumbzz could probably put it together if Dig had a real support staff/coach

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Crumbzz is totally incapable of shotcalling from behind. Even when Dig was good last split, if they were behind at 15 minutes they would lose. There wasn't a single Dig comeback that split that I can remember.

Dig was behind in the Nasus Backdoor game, but that was probably Zion's call rather than Crumbzz's

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Ihki posted:

Maybe it's just my fever making me delusional, but Dignitas has come back before from looking right about as bad as that, and they've looked about as bad as that after some impressive hot streaks. It's their way. Maybe their Koreans will get to show they can play video games if the old guard stops making GBS threads the bed.

That said of course they're in the bottom 3 garbage crew.

Who are they realistically coming back against? They're objectively worse than C9, TSM, WFX, TIP (with Impact), and TL.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Flaresz is a sub right? Who is winterfox main top laner? Also, who is going to pick up Flaresz? He has a nice name and he looked better than some other tops right now.

Flarez, ShorterAce, and Gleeb are subs for Avalon (Helio's brother who's been trying to go pro for like 2 years), Helios, and Imagine (no one knows anything about this guy

it's difficult to say if the Korean starters are actually better than the subs in this case

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

hahaha ha link completely missing the pink

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I knew you had it in you, Keane :unsmith:

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

2. Impulse's communication issues may end up being a big hindrance, and I'm not sure how much better they'll be with Impact.

Impulse's coach is apparently really good (Coached Jin Air Stealths to respectability last year), and should be arriving at the same time as Impact. Also, Rush had only been in NA for a couple of days before the first week of LCS. I'm hoping to see Impulse ramp up really hard with practice.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Balls picking up Morg top could do wonders for C9's comps; she's a pseudo Rumble/Liss that also allows Hai to play Zed without forcing a full AD comp

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Balls plays both Rumble and Liss (and his Rumble is considered pretty good I think) so his champ pool isn't stopping C9 from running an AD mid.

Point being, teams ban Rumble/Liss against C9, and his Sion/Gnar were both incredebly underwhelming.

Lightning Knight posted:

The only decent AD mid at the moment is Zed (though I guess they could try double ADC with Corki mid), but double AP is currently meta because it makes your ADC more valuable. Also Balls looked pretty drat good on Lissandra at IEM and Hai played a much, much better Ori there than he did this last weekend. Seriously go watch the C9 v. UOL or Alliance games from IEM and then C9 v. TSM or Gravity, it's insane how different they look, and it makes me believe that "we didn't get any good practice," probably because of the visa issues, is actually probably a big deal.

Edit: Also, what did happen to Maokai? He's not listed as disabled on patch 5.1 and I don't recall any major balance changes to him from 4.20 to 5.1, right? Is it just that he doesn't lane well against Lissandra/Gnar?

Zed is one of the few champtions Hai can actually play, and is valuable in that sense. I suppose they could put him on Lulu and try for a "Protect the Sneaky" comp, but I don't think Lemon is a good enough support to make it happen.

Maokai was specifically disabled for Week 1

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Maybe SKT brings Spirit back for the Summer? Could be good

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Now you, YOU, could be Dig's next coach!!!

dig posted:

The requirements for this position are extremely high. At a minimum, please only apply if:
• You speak English and Korean at near fluency.
• You have a strong understanding of the Korean professional scene, and can apply these concepts across language and cultural borders to the team.
• You have a history working with professional teams in any region.
• You are able to fly to North America as soon as this week, and begin your position immediately.

there is literally no one in the world who meets these criteria

the hilarious thing is that they were literally in korea during the preaseason and didn't recruit a coach then

what the gently caress dig

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Yea Dig, like someone who is half decent is going to fly all the way from Korea to make your lovely wages.

Odee: "I can offer you 100 Dig mousepads"

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

don't really like gravity's draft, not sure where vi fits here

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

hahahaha piglet farming golems while quas/fenix die

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

FIZZ BOYS

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

What the actual gently caress WFX. I'm pretty sure Imagine would be a better toplaner than Avalon at this point.

Just implode the EG/Velocity/WFX org: C9 Pobelter, TSM Altec, the dream .

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Disinterested posted:

If you think Pobelter is better than Hai or Altec is better than Turtle, I have bad news for you.

Hai literally cannot play any champion besides Zed

Turtle is alright but uninspiring and I just want to see Altec on a good team for once.

edit news: Doa casting IEM!!! https://twitter.com/ggDoA/status/573500814225883136

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 5, 2015

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Lovechop posted:

if you are on the best team in your region it means you're also the best at whatever position you are

noted: best midlaner kr ge kuro

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Samsung did it guys :unsmith:

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Speaking of import junglers, I found out that the Winterfox support Imagine was a jungler. I guess the support they originally signed was so against the Avalon signing that he's refusing to play. He is their sub atm.

WFX's original support was Ignar, who's a top 20 Solo queue support and the person that WFX had practiced with when they were in Korea. He refused to play with the team after he heard that Avalon was getting signed, which is why Imagine's enterance was so delayed: Imagine was literally picked up at the last second

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

bench avalon, bring back imagine, put altec top on vayne or quinn or something who says no

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

whats his w-l record on Maokai

Avalon is 2-0 on both Maokai and Liss, hasn't won with anyone else

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Jerkface posted:

man think it was a missed opportunity passing up a maokai pick in 2nd rotation for Morgana

agreed, rip world elite

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Freaksaus posted:

Looks like it'll be a while before the broadcast even starts. the sc2 finals are still going on and League isn't starting till that is over.

what the gently caress

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Let me tell you about this super sweet Roccat gaming mouse with customisable LED's.

extenddddddddddddddd

edit: please Zest win quickly

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Voodoo posted:

Isn't it like 7 pm in Poland? Assuming Zest wins this current game, LOL might start before 830 pm. If the LOL finals end up going to game 5, with all the breaks IEM takes (or doesn't assuming time crunch), it's going to be REALLY late by the time that series ends.

Didn't the venue have to close at like 11 pm or midnight the other night?

It'll be fine, 3-0 TSM, 20 min per game

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Gleeb is back boys
Another week, another WFX role swap, another chance to watch Avalon come to lane with a gold/item advantage somehow then proceed to miss every fourth CS and get crushed
Altec back to ADC as well

edit: https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/578273912078790656
@LustboyLoL
2015-03-18 19:16 UTC
Paragone

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 18, 2015

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

The thing is, Velocity, EG in NA, and WFX have all had the same (lovely) manager. If the goal is "Pobelter/Altec on a team over .500," you're not going to do it with the current management. I'm not even sure Flame/Spirit/Pob/Altec/Gleeb could do it if they were still under the WFX banner (Pob/Altec/Flame on the same team wouldn't work anyway). It's because of this I'm holding out for C9 Pob and TSM Altec.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Firebert posted:

c9 link, clg p.o.b.

clg is gross i don't want pob there :(

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

These commentators are garbage

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Deficio has a funny accent but he's great, he's got more knowledge about the game than anyone except for Monte or Phr3ak.

Quickshot is loving bad and he's worse than Rivington was at his worst.

noted mid game trinity force ad carry kogmaw

h2k's teamfight is fine, i don't know why they keep fellating elements' comp

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Kog'maw does normally buy TriForce and it does give him a power spike, though? I mean, he's obviously late game orientated but he does get TF.

I guess I was annoyed at the claim that Jinx outscales Kog, simply because Kog builds a TF, and that Kog is equivalent to Corki

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Lovechop posted:

as deficio said tho, Jinx with janna + blood boil is just obscene lategame and karthus is massive aids to teamfight against. their comp is ridiculously good if they 5 on 5

Late game, Kog, Trist, and arguably Caitlyn are all better than Jinx since you can't buy AA range, and the main thing that limits ADC utility then is survivability and positioning rather than DPS.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Teams are 3-10 after playing against Coast

Please don't play like this tomorrow TiP :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Lmao C9 looking to poo poo on Piglet in particular again

• Locked thread