Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Nukeduck was the racist. Forgiven is just an angry rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

victorious posted:

Who the hell gets Alex Ich to join their team and puts him as a sub :psyduck:

Unless they're just doing it so they can move him around different positions, in which case I hope he gets the chance to prove himself again. He's been one of my favourite players since I first watched M5 destroy IEM Kiev (Holy poo poo that was three years ago).

He's technically signed onto a challenger team called Brawl. I think he might have accepted the sub position to make getting his athlete's visa easier, what with T8 being an LCS team.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Beats are really lovely for their price and you're better off getting literally anything else (other than bose which is also majorly overpriced).

It's good for league though since those are super trendy.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

He was dragging CW to their few wins, and one of the only things on that team that weren't hot garbage (the other being Amazing), so he's actually always been really good.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
He seems to have left the team altogether.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Redmark posted:

T8 isn't that bad, TSM isn't that good. None of the NA teams are really looking dominant this split. Will be exciting, but I don't think it'll play well at Worlds.

They have a year to stop being poo poo and find their synergy, it's just a little early to even be thinking about how they'll do at Worlds.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Man, I wonder where all the dudes calling for Hai and Balls to get benched are.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
http://www.twitch.tv/japanesports

Japanese league is on, and for some reason, they really like Vlad. They banned him out after he went 0/5 in the previous game :allears:

e: game 2 Ez forgets his trinket

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 8, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That Ez cannot dodge a skillshot

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
MYM is a shady org in a bunch of different games apparently, so it's kind of amazing that players are joining them. Downside of them being literally children I guess.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

TheModernAmerican posted:

Holy poo poo SK is Real Good™

EU is sooo much better this year, way better than NA even

This might arguably be true for the top two teams or so, but the bottom teams in EU are complete dumpster fires, while the NA teams occasionally look like they're achieving something.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Oh my god this is terrible and amazing at the same time

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
EULCS is good again

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
To be fair, elements is garbage. The bigger question is if any NA team could beat SK.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

I agree.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

NTT posted:

I'm not sure what it says about the LCS where the usual opinions are 'these teams are garbage' when compared to something like football

My local soccer team is so bad I am torn between laughing and sighing whenever I try to watch them. They're still my shitters though.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
In other news, Sneaky is pretty good.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Frustrated posted:

remember when they were on this trip about making tank junglers relevant again? Yeah... that didn't last long. Instead they made the jungle even harder so only champs with a super fast clear (and lee sin) see any play. They have never had any idea what the gently caress to do with the jungle and it's never been more clear than this season.

Tank junglers aren't that badly off. I've had a ton of success on Sejuani this season; she's got a workable clear, and then ganks incredibly well. Juggernaut is also really good.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I think it's depressing that one of the most fun teams in EU are the racist ragelords. All in on Fnatic I guess.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I stepped out for coffee, did Elements just lose?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Lost the baron (Rek'sai steal), screwed up at bot inner tower and Giants won off that

Oh my gooooood.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Rengar finally gets banned against Fnatic. They also took away the Leona/Annie from Yellow. This draft is comfortingly good.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Sexpansion posted:

I would like the EU LCS a lot more if quikshot weren't the main caster.

He tries to make Phreak puns but cringier somehow.

Also this was a pretty great game.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Lovechop posted:

it really didn't take a lot of time though, is what i mean. i thought he was going to be so bad he would get nien'd after half a split and then suddenly he's good and works super nice after a v short time

TSM is a pretty well-coached team.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
#FreeKori

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Hypocrisy posted:

I agree they should make it so the shadow goes next to the enemy. Maybe behind them since he's a sneaky ninja. If Zed goes in he should go in!

That's what it used to be and then they decided it made Zed too good at chasing unless that is in fact the joke.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

Isn't LS the guy who was poo poo talking a bunch of organizations on Twitter? I can't tell if that means he's unprofessional or that he's a perfect fit for a Saintvicious team. I'm just surprised he managed to get the gig. He was coaching SHC last year right?

ls has a korean boner bigger than monte's so much that he claimed the korean teams were intentionally throwing games at worlds, as opposed to losing outright. He also had a row with Ocelote over a non-payment, where Oce definitely came out the worse person. I don't think he's attracted that much drama with orgs otherwise.

He's also the one non-locodoco person that fits Dig's requirements for a coach, but I heard a rumour that they didn't even give him a call back when he applied.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Slaapaav posted:

zed is a healthy assasin

assassins should be able to assassinate i agree

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Slaapaav posted:

a jungler with randuins from full hp?

A J4 that's behind is actually quite squishy even with randuins.

e: Best end.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Dignitas are taking Azingy as their jungler - it's about time he's made it to LCS after being in the challenger scene forever.

Too bad its a really really bad time for niche jungle picks.

CloudNguyen was doing pretty okay all things considered. Not good enough?

e: or potentially that over-honest interview.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

I like UOL's comp better, but I think their bot lane will get dumped on by SK and I think they will have to win both solo lanes to win the game which may be really hard.

Gnar is 76% pick/ban in EU and 57% pick/ban in NA

Not 100% in either region. I guess they both hate him.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

halwain posted:

Is Sejuani a good pick?

Sejuani is really good in soloqueue, but there's no real precedent for it in proplay. Meteos has been spamming her though, so I think we're going to see her picked more this week.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That was certainly a first blood.

Flipswitch posted:

E: Sejuani :swoon:

I don't want people to know she's amazing :(

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The jungler is constantly levels below even the botlane, and does so little because they have no HP, and need to spend gold on pots and vision, that there's not much harm in picking a jungler that scales heavily. Sej also does a deceptive amount of damage early.

Also we should get nerfed J4 in about a week I think.

e: that being said, J4's nerfs don't do poo poo to his early game.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 27, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

I think losing an entire rune-set worth of armor from his flag will actually hurt his early game considerably because he won't have nearly as much health after his clear to make plays.

After his mana cost changes, not to mention the armour aura on E being taken off back in like season 3, it became just as viable to max W on him. It's not really a huge deal for him in the early game, but he loses net 19 armour in the late.

Yes his clear gets marginally worse, but it's never been an incredible one to begin with.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Flipswitch posted:

I'd probably agree because I am struggling to remember niQs great moments.

Niq's very first game for Gambit was a 0/0/0 affair while the rest of the team imploded. That's all I can remember about him.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I think Korea is being overestimated slightly. They're still probably the strongest region in the tournament but western teams took games off ssw and ssb at worlds and both those teams were a head and shoulders above whatever is left.

I think we are in for a good bunch of games as long as no one decides to poo poo the bed like TSM vs the unicorns.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Everyone in OGN aside from GE Tigers are beatable, but GE loses so rarely to tough competition that its hard to see them dropping games. They don't really have much of a strategic weakness, and their versatility makes them dangerous.

Remember that SSW were styling on TSM when they dropped the game too.

That is fair, but GE Tigers are nowhere as good as either of the old Samsung teams, which is why I think if any NA team can hit their worlds form there is a small chance. TSM also beat SHRC who won a game legit off SSW (losing to a Svenskeren SK to be fair), and C9 pushed SSB harder than any team besides SSW (but dropped a game to Alliance). It's unlikely, but the doomsday predictions that oh Korea will sweep are somewhat of an overestimation of a region that was very recently completely gutted.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That was quite a fight :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Jerkface posted:

airwaks pls just let froggen back

that was legitimately one of the funniest things ive ever seen in lcs