Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
English Dub Bakura is the greatest villain in anime history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dexie posted:

Hah! Totally called it!

Yes, the return of Team Satisfaction!

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 23, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

One of you should livestream your matches. Clearly we're already getting closer to the competitive YGO league that we all secretly want.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Let me go try and rebuild my HERO deck. Hopefully Wave motion Cannon is still around.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Holy poo poo, that Nyarl looks rad as poo poo.

Yeah why is the art in these so much better than the normal card art? Did they have guest artists do these?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 26, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dexie posted:

I think we might be getting a Wizard of Oz archetype in CORE TCG.

http://ygorganization.com/readyforamericana/

They did the official TCG announcement for CORE, and it says we're getting a new archetype that is 'based on one of the most popular American fairy tales ever known'. I can't think of many super popular American fairy tales, and even fewer that could support multiple sets worth of support.

I HOPE it's a Wizard of Oz archetype. That would be rad as poo poo.

Clearly it's going to be the new Super HERO archetype with all your favorite Knock Offs like Super HERO Webslinger and Super HERO Lasereye.

Fake EDIT: Whats the best way to play this online? Been trying to drag a friend back down this terrible card game hole with me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Anyone have a suggested build/some tips on Gem-Knight decks? I kind of like their play but I can't seem to get a good deck to come together.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The stuff you can do in one turn with Gem-Knights will never stop being impressive for me. I mean seriously, look at this.

I got Brilliant, Absorb and Gem-Knight Fusion in the first hand. The rest just happened on its own.

Mind posting a deck list for your Gem Knight deck? Been trying to get something together but not exactly getting anywhere.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So here's my terrible attempt at making a Superheavy Samurai deck after looking stuff up and watchmaking a few youtube videos.

Played a few matches with a friend who's as bad as I am and it seemed to work alright. Any suggestions?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

Have you considered adding Giant rat? Its effect is very usefull for summoning big benki. Also isn't the new superheavy samurai a themed mst? You may want to add a few of those as well.

Edit: I completely forgot about Soulbuster Gauntlet, being able to double the defense of big benki has won me so many duels.

Added a few Giant Rats to the deck along with moving a machina fortress to my side board, and it works out well when it does but most of the time the rat seems to die/get removed by effects rather than battle. Other than that they're a solid pick for the deck.

What's the name of the mst superheavy samurai? Looking through the list in the client I couldn't seem to find it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

Im sorry, I was under the impression that the card was added to YGOpro. Here it is for future reference, when it is added to the client you will probably want to add it. Also here's one last bit of advice, try running one or two of Tama-C, being able to tribute an opponents monster for a summon is pretty good.

I threw a 2 Tama-C's into my extra deck for now, they seem like they could come in handy. Thanks for the tips!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah honestly I'm thinking about dropping the number of Scales in my deck because I keep seeing them way too early to be any good except for when I get it along side Flute AND Trumpetter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Finally got The Good Hand with my Gem Knight Deck. Brilliant Fusion into one of the from hand fusions then banished to fuse a third. So fun to get a full combo off.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Wait, who's that all the way on the right? Is Duke Devlin finally going to be canonized?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So after binge watching 5Ds I skipped Zexal cause the premise did nothing for me,

I'm 49 episodes into Arc-V and holy poo poo this type of insane interdimensional war is exactly what I want my children's card game animes to be about.

The whole cast is fantastic, even the 3rd stringers like the Ninjas, Chef boy, fisherman, and New Neo Neo Shin Sawatori.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I really like that Yuya and Yuta/Ute XYZ'd each other so they're two souls overlayed one body. It's a nice plot/theme convergence. I'm guess Yugo/Hugo will sacrifice himself to created a path for Yuya and the fusion one with...well fuse with him until Yuya can just summon them all at will pendulum style.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm working my way through the second half of Arc-V right now and god a lot of the Synchro world draaaaaags and we don't get to spend a lot of time with out protagonists who are actually likable in favor of shittier versions of Crow and JACK ATLUS, THE MASTER OF FASTER, THE SULTAN OF SPEED, who seem to just be shittier cause Yusei wasn't around to balance out their shittier tendencies.

BUT holy poo poo the final duel with Yuya and Jack is so loving great and finally let Yuya put his money where his mouth was when it comes to his convictions about dueling and it tied so well into the themes clashing between him and Jack it almost made the whole slog worth it.

I really hope some of the less interesting Lancers beef it soon. Super Heavy Samurai boy doesn't deserve such a cool archetype and who could possibly even care about the Ninja. Also they need to let smug Rival/Leader actually do things sometimes. He's basically just Kaiba but 10000% more smug but they don't utilize him like they did Kaiba in the OG series.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

The show just gets worse from that point on

Does best boy Shin NEO NEO Sawatori Deus get to do...anything, ever?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

actually the stuff with yuri is pretty good & he might be hornier than sergei during his final duel

Is Yuri Fusion Yuya? Cause if so he seemed pretty horny for those vore plant monsters when he summoned his dragon.

Lotta wet, dripping, lovingly rendered mouths on that thing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

I'd be interested in a Duel Links thread for sure.

I was gonna ask about this because I'm trying to perfect my Grass Looks Greener Gem KNight deck

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I finally got around to finishing Arc-V. Boy that fizzled out around the Zexal world but I liked the ending and the returning crew from GX land. Resistance Murder Duelist Asuka was rad (and that new cyber angel was Bullshit. I love it) And Edo still being a huge poo poo head was fun.

The final boss duel dragged on but it had some real fun moments. Fusion Yuya's perpetual creepiness/horny for murder style was fun to see people react to.

Now to roll back and start Zexal I guess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kaiba shows up in GX which would be after DSoD. He makes out with Atem then comes home.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

VJeff posted:

GX is an anime sequel. DSoD is specifically a manga sequel.

Sorry it's animated it's in the anime timeline.

The author is dead, I have killed him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

5D: Jack Atlas needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Whenever Jack Atlas is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Jack Atlas"?

Akiza should have been replaced by Carly. She and Jack are the best characters that don't go around screaming that they're the Captain of TEAM SATISFACTION

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arc-V is good until it's final fight which blows, Zexals is great.

VRAINS is intensely dull. Like the entire first arc all the villains are incredibly forgettable and then the second arc is mostly about the AI's who are all incredibly uninteresting except the protagonist one who you already know everything about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Synchro arc is good because it gave us hanafuda card man and I got to see my husband, the Sultan of Speed, duel again and his and Yuya's final duel is one of the best for both of their characters.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zexals starts of bland then turns into fun goofy poo poo then hyper speeds onto Long Dead Space God Betrays Existence and in that it's basically GX but slightly less intense in both directions.

It's p. okay.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not terribly interested because rush duels look really boring.

What a weird gimmick that most likely won’t survive the season, hopefully the mid season change up is more interesting

They're making a whole separate format/card game for rush duels. It's gonna be the biggest flop.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Julias posted:

Personally I think Rush duels seem refreshing and fun compared to most of the formats of modern Yugioh, so I wouldn't sell it so short. However, with the global pandemic going on absolutely devastating the TCG industry, not to mention the product is currently OCG only, it's not in a good spot yeah.

It might be a fun side thing but the fact that it's going to have it's own printed line of cards specifically for rush duels is uh...really really dumb. Like the thing keeping the whole brand afloat are people into the card game and you're saying "Okay now go buy this separate thing (While we also sell you normal duel variants of the new stuff) we promise you'll love it." That they're using their main vector for marketting new cards and gimmicks for it it's...perplexing.

it's like if 5D's speed world was a whole separate card game they tried to sell you on top of normal YGO. And this is the, what, 3rd faster variant they've come up with and will probably be dropped like they were but with the added caveat of "Now you have bunch of cards that are useless, okay bye!" when Lightspeed duels get added in 2 years.

It's such a weird way to do this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Id have hopes for Rush Duel if it wasnt for the pandemic. Itd still be in a rough spot, but rebooting the card game is needed, and this format looks fun enough to pull it maybe... But not in the current state of the world.

I don't think rebooting the card game is needed, especially since the whole thing that made YGO more interesting than say MTG is that they will revisit to stupidest possible archetypes and add support a decade later.

Like skull servant.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

Boo this man.

This woman is correct. I'm sorry, YGO should be YGO cause that's what makes it cool and fun, instead of trying to constantly reformat itself into something new or chasing the formats of other card games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

What does 'Ygo should be ygo' even mean, and how does support for older archetypes, competitive or not go against that?

You read the exact opposite of what I was saying from my post. The support of old poo poo is part of YGO and what makes it fun and neat and I was using that to compare it to the idea of rebooting it in some way and doing away with the old poo poo or the idea of set rotation like MTG does.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Bee posted:

So what exactly are the different "Yu-Gi-Oh but faster" formats, and how do they differ? And where does Duel Links fit into all of this?

Duel links is basically the speed duels from VRAINS but without the linkers master rule.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

What's your favorite 'bad' archetype, thread?

I'm a Gemknight/Superheavy/Ghosttrick kinda gal

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skeleton Mom posted:

Gem Knights aren't bad, they're just unbalanced to the point where all of their good cards have to go on the F/L list or else they become a tier zero FTK machine, and their remaining cards are merely okay. I've seen people splash a GK engine into the new rock synchro archetype though, that might be cool.

My favourite bad archetype is Synchrons.

Gem Knights are just my favorite combo of "I will fuse everywhere. In my graveyard, from out of play, from my deck, from my hand, the field. Iwill fuse to special summon more fusions to fuse again. My turn will take half an hour and I will win."

Ghosttrick are just all so loving adorable and cute I wish they were better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mobile suit goatse posted:

DM is fun and season 0 is cool. I tried a couple episodes of the sequel series' and they're just awful. Removing the occult and ancient Egypt stuff from Yugioh was a dumb and bad move imo.

Arc V is about a racial holy war based on summoning types and that alone is 10000x better than anything in the OG manga.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Everything in the OG Manga was just Akagi but stupid or really dumb complicated games that would be better done by later franchises much much better.

The franchise's tip toward incredibly high stakes melodrama played painfully straight faced while also being about a children's card game is the only reason it was ever noteworthy or stuck around. The Yuya/Jack Atlas duel has more characterization, pathos, set up, pay off and story arc than the entirety of the original manga.

If you really really are that horned up for Season 0/The Manga please go watch Liar Game your brain will melt.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MJeff posted:

If you had said Shun vs. Sora, I'd be with you but ehhhhhhhhhhhh

That one's also good, but the final Synchro world cup duel is like the last time Yuya's character feels like it is yuya growing and honing his own style of duel by being forced into tight corners by Jack Atlas, who is an unbending Iron Will who wholly believes in what 5D's/Sycnhro world was about. Synchro arc has issues and Draaaaaaaaaaaaaags in the center but the final duel is a fantastic way to see Jack Atlas (and 5Ds) off in style and actually shows how Yuya's coming to terms with his own path to the future he wants to build and what he's gotta do to get there.

Then the next arc is just the downfall of Yuya being a character and it's just not fun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GX is the worst YGO series and is notable only in how clearly it has no idea what it wants to be and every part of the writing bounces back and forth conatantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mobile suit goatse posted:

I shouldn't have said that, you're right. If you mods are so sensitive about the forum's name, just change it? Call it the 'anime forum' or something?

They did, as the mod said in that post lol.

Just take the L and stop posting like an aggro freak.