Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So wait, subs or dubs, for each series and season, before I begin marathoning them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

What about that time he threatened suicide to win at a card game? That sounds like an illegal play to me.

That just sounds like your standard tournament to me :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I really wish Yu-Gi-Oh was a cheaper game to play competitively.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

On another note, was TV-Nihon the only group to sub season 0? They seem to be the primary group, and, given their track record especially in the world of Toku, I'm hesitant to use them.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

it's time to learn Japanese, bees

but that'll take years
can't i just have baal sub it for me

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Has Ash aged like, at all? He started this nonsense when he was 10 and I'm pretty sure he should just be middle-aged and sad that he's accomplished mostly nothing.

no and he was starting to get taller as if he was going through puberty so they made sure to shrink him back in recent seasons

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait there's a deck limit? I thought Yu-Gi-Oh originally had no deck limit or something.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

60 cards for the main deck and 15 cards for the extra and side deck respectively.

when did that happen

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Lmao what the gently caress.

Why are we not playing this instead of Magic.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

I've been saying this for ages Bees.

Oh.

What's a deck with cute robots or cute insects or sexy ladies. Or any combination of the above.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

What are these butterspy cards I keep on seeing.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Well, bees, its horribly broken and Magic has a better resource control element to it and goddamn I hate myself for writing these words that are serious about two children's card games that I have played

This one has better monsters :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gusto

EDIT: Or wait no lol, I've got your perfect match.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Traptrix

Konami seems totally content with keeping the US a no-fun zone in any way they can, just compare the ban-lists.

That the mimic monsters are disguising themselves as lolis to lure in prey is kinda upsetting and also extremely satisfying.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Those are monsters that eat pedophiles.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Bees make a deck so we can duel bro.

I need to look at every card ever released and find my favorites and build a deck around those.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bees, those monsters are giant monster insects pretending to be innocent girls

come on bees

I'm tempted but I also discovered the Mokey Mokey.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is devpro the one with a team working on it or the one that's just one dude that breaks it everytime he tries to update it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There's one with regular updates and bugfixes.
That one is the best.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also are Exodia decks still a thing. The first time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament when i was like seven or eight some twenty-thirty year old used an Exodia deck and beat me in like two turns and that was the last time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

My opponents draw through half their deck in a turn and then shuffle their graveyard back into their deck and summon 3 monsters, but they can't get past this card:

This and Vanity's seems like the ultimate rear end in a top hat deck. I kinda want to play it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is Arc-V an alright starting point for someone who hasnt seen much since battle city?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tell me Bees, having looked at all one billion cards in yu-gi-oh, which cards are the most Lain?

I will let you know in a few days.
Also there are fewer cards than you had posts in GBS so I think I'll be fine.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 5, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Arc-V is great and the Fantasia cards are real good.
Also I was off by a factor of three and there are only 6500 cards or something. That's not many at all.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So are burn decks things you can actually use competitively or are they mostly a niche troll deck.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah nurse burn is pretty much the only one that is viable for now.

What makes nurse burn better than chain burn?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Much more consistent and bursts like hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvDWqKqIvE

:stare:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Superheavy Samurai is amazing, steadfast dueling is amazing, Gogenzaka is amazing, holy poo poo. A deck of nothing but monsters.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

on a related note yuya's deck is so boring in comparison to literally everyone else's

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Performapals are cool as hell. :colbert:

They are fun circus animals. :3:

they're cool but he like opens the same way every time and does the same thing every time and it gets a bit old, i mean he finally changed it up but still

Momomo posted:

Yeah, Performipals are the best. If anything, Yuzu has the most boring deck since she only has a handful of monsters. I like the thing, but can she use something other than Bloom Diva for a change?

her cards are really pretty though. :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

the cards are cute and good but the duels with said deck are really repetitive

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

oh that's not as bad as i thought it was gonna be. that seems pretty straightforward actually.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Am I reading the card effects right in that you can only use 3 if you have pendulum monsters to destroy.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait does a card getting banished prevent effects that occur after you tribute summon. Specifically Cardcar D.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Qliphort :argh:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Why the different ban lists anyway. It seems like that would kill a lot of the potential for international play.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

If I remember correctly, they are officially two separate games. The TCG and the OCG technically have different card pools, so it may necessitate some additional alterations. Of course, this was a decade ago I last knew anything about this. It may have changed since then.

Wait does this mean you can't use foreign language cards in your deck?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean I guess that's a thing in most card games but it's always weird to me for international games.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/yug..._20_2015/343353

So what're these things, and are they ever worth getting.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

This: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Gold:_Return_of_the_Bling

It's going to have everything from this set: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Pack_17 , plus a ton of super useful reprints. Lavalval Chain is finally getting a reprint in it! :dance:

I kind of want to buy one but I'm not sure since I don't even know what kind of Archetype I'd want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Why buy cards when you have DN/Devpro/YGOpro?

Can't play Devpro in the schoolyard. :colbert: