Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Elotana posted:

Going after the coach is different from going after the school that hired him. The latter is a lot tougher. It may very well be the case that Chavis (or A&M) ends up paying the buyout. (My hunch is that if they are liable, A&M would look at what the NCAA penalties would be and then pick whichever horn of the buyout/sanctions dilemma gores less.) But damages for tortious interference is another thing.

This is from really far back. But pulling the Star Jones card always makes you look like a douche

Just file the case in Louisiana, it's not like you'd find a jury that wouldn't find for whatever LSU's position is. I bet Chavis' LSU contract had a forum selection provision for the 50 yard line of Tiger Stadium or something.

edit: I am a prostitute.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

korrandark posted:

They beat every team after that game by at least ten points, and that included 5 ranked teams. Moral of the story is don't anger Tim Tebow.

:can: That's because they never played 2008's best team.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I broke my ankle on a trampoline when I was 10

...I jumped off the roof onto the trampoline.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

kittenmittons posted:

How are bull riding and NASCAR less conservative than college Football?

Go read the politics section of a Rivals site and then you will understand.

I saw Nick Saban in the Houston airport last week -- I think that means he's coming to UH.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

anne frank fanfic posted:

need some links here.. i wanna watch sports

heres the iowa state blown calls going to give them a free win vs tcu this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw75K9C0-8

Calls looked good to me.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

After the last 7-8 years the NCAA threads have died out a lot. VT, South Carolina, and Alabama are easily the most prominent teams and the rest has become pretty much exclusively SEC chat with the occasional Iowa-Iowa State slapfight, Ohio State :smug:-fest and Big 12/Pac-12 Beat Report from Texas/Oklahoma posters, Spiritus Nox, Tad SG, VDay, the Oregon Bandwagoners, and Manoueverable.

For someone who enjoys hearing about the college football landscape, it's kind of a sad state of affairs :(

That's because this place isn't very welcoming. Y'all run people off. So groverat liked to touch children -- is that so bad?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Hey Baylor fan, stop making this about you, you giant baby. Oh noes, that girl getting raped makes it hard for ME to watch football. What am I going to do???

Good luck with the personal stuff you're going through though. Hope it works out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wasn't my intent, but it happened anyway. My bad.

What was your intent in posting that someone getting raped makes it hard for you to support your beloved Bears*

*was UT fan until RGIII Heisman.

• Locked thread