Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bad Wolf posted:

The thread is also the first time I've seen producers that are still currently on CA joining in and admitting poo poo's hosed.

I like the people coming in and going LEAVE CHANNEL AWESOME ALONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Trojan Kaiju posted:

That's DarkSydePhil and his O face.

From one of the times he forgot to turn off his stream before jacking off.

One of the times. As he remembered to turn the webcam off the second time. Just forgot to turn off the microphone.

Since there is some NC Anonymous going on I liked him in high school, then my interest started dropping in 2010 and completely cratered in his Bio-Dome review. He does this bit where does the "wa wa waaaaa" thing but he does it multiple times and gets louder every time he did it. It actually hurt to listen to.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Didn't CA try to do some show where they toured different bars in Chicago or something like that?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I don't watch movies not because of the morality of people higher up in hollywood but because they make lovely movies. Also the internet was invented and lol who watches anything made by the man anymore, look at this channel its of a guy in a suit and he waves a gun around and screams a lot.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

when he gets into the part about the "plot holes" and the cannon and shi t I rolled my eyes out of my skull

he's the absolutely worst kind of pedant and I unsubbed; between this one and his botw one I now know he just just not play games in a way I think is compatible with like...fun?

Look man, they put all those moons in Mario Odyssey and he is obligated to get each and every single solitary one, if Nintendo didn't want that then they shouldn't have put so many moons in the game!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can we put KOGaming in the new OP? He is gonna update soon, I can feel it! He made a video about big changes coming in 6 months ago!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

How about a rule against posting?

Sounds like a solid rule!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mike and Jay talk about Freddy Got Fingered

Did you guys know that someone got arrested because they rented FGF but never returned it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lornekates posted:

- Guru Larry - I could see him just dropping off the site one day

Huh, I thought he already dropped, same with Brad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Doug Walker did nothing wrong!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

He came to CA after the fact with SFDebris and the Team Four Star people as a part of Michaud's post-Chez Apocalypse crew exodus talent grab. He's probably one of the few people form whom joining Channel Awesome was a legit step down for. So I don't even know why the hell he's there either.

So with the current exodus who is CA gonna hire for talent, DarkSydePhil?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And everyone told me I was wrong for thinking something was wrong with the guy after playing Elin on Tera :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh? I thought pretty much everyone agreed with you.

When I talked about it in the past some people would come in with "oh playing elin doesn't mean anything elins are cool cause you're tiny and use big weapons" or something like that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I dunno if that tumblr was updated since I last saw it, but another lolDougWalker thing that should be mentioned is him starting the #REACT #WTFU or where is the fair use when his channel got demonetized then basically hopped off as soon as the channel got monetized again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

No, I did not photoshop this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mike and Jay were on Channel Awesome? How did Mike manage that?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Who is lordkat anyway? I know nothing about him.

He once made a post in the LP sandcastle to continue his Until We Win series and when goons told him to not do rape "jokes" he flipped out, then went on twitter about triggering goons.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

Well, here it is folks. It's April 2nd. If you're Mike Michaud, this will not be a good day. Presenting a record of events while working for TGWTG.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WZFkR__B3Mk9EYQglvislMUx9HWvWhOaBP820UBa4dA/preview

The document is very long. There's a condensed version linked at the start.

EDIT: Mike Michaud is a vile scumfuck.

Oooh, THATS what Brad called Lupa in the Food Fight review!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Testekill posted:

They made a response and it's pretty toothless

ppfffttttahaahahahahaha

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/980974025785651201

:discourse:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Some Bad Dragon dildos come with a inbuilt pump for fake cum

The hosed up part is that it wasn't fake cum they put on the cinnabon

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly its probably one of the more even keel ways of talking about Spoony's rise and fall and only gets uncomfortable when he plays the edited LK rant. Like this isn't a mockery video from some ED jagoff, its mostly just sad and sympathetic for what happened to Noah.

Yeah, this thread is getting way too "Lalala, plug my ears, can't hear you!" about literally anything about Spoony. Its like when people would talk about a certain anime in various mock threads of the past, don't know what this anime was but it was always brought up as "That anime that shall not be named" or "tatsnbn". Is Spoony going to be this thread's "That reviewer that shall not be named"? Its ok to talk about him guys, he isn't a pedophile anime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was considering that. I figured Doug posing it as a question matches his complete misunderstanding of everything.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Is that stream do any more than read the document? Because I already read that, and it wasn’t something I really want to read again.

Yeah I didn't realize just how popular "reading something" is on youtube. I checked out youtube to see people's different opinions on the matter and... I saw like 3 of those? The rest were just people reading the document, not even adding their own input. Just an A to Z reading of the document. Its not even like they were doing in a sultry voice or in ASMR. I don't get youtube.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Solitair posted:

So what does everyone think Doug's worst movie takes are?

Does anime count as movie takes? His Sailor Moon episode where he constantly calls Serena slutty. He then does some bit about child sex laws in Japan, then talks about the time he put her on his Top 10 Hottest Animated Women list and how he didn't know she was 14. He claims about how they were drawn that they looked college aged or "at least high school".

The entire thing was basically jerking off about the transformation sequences.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The first I ever heard of Doug Walker was when Retsupurae absolutely wrecked him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mlst5OhXAY

I change my vote of bad Doug takes from Sailor Moon to his LP. God I forgot he tried to capitalize on that trend.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

I just can't watch IHE since he spent a long and belaboured part of his Emoji Movie video blaming the design and characterisation of the female emoji on those darn dirty SJWs.

Yeah what the gently caress was that all about? Haha, making jokes about that awful Emoji movie, how soulless the movie is!

quote:

And then you have a FEMALE character who is a WOMAN! SHE is a WOMAN!

:stare: uh....

I mean, I was kinda falling off from IHE cause he started having some heightened sense of self importance. Namely in his twitter video where he said something like "I am going to kill you and your family" to his brother on twitter and got banned for it. He acts like twitter should of done a full background check to verify that IHE was indeed brothers with the guy, and therefore killing the guy's family would also mean killing himself... Except you know... its possible for someone in the family to want to kill everyone else in the family. This didn't really help reconcile him in my eyes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You know I'm looking at the document and this bit:

quote:

We did not have enough cars and some people were left behind while the rest of the crew went to Applebee's

Did they just not entertain the idea of dropping off some people at the restaurant and then driving back to pick up the people left behind? Its a place where you sit down and eat, its not a fast food joint!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Welshy made a video about the CA stuff

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lornekates posted:

So, what are the chances that CA holds another huge talent-pickup?

Will they get anyone? Will the site just be full of naieve 15-year olds who don't have the real-world experience or maturity to steer clear of a bad deal-- because EXPOSURE IS AWESOME and they'll be the next $1,000,000 You Tube Star?

I'm telling you, DarkSydePhil. Finally CA can get a food critic when Phil brings back Cooking With the King! E: And DSP tries it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pirate Jenny posted:

He quietly unfriended me from Facebook a few days before the doc dropped (but about three days after he had quietly unfriended MarzGurl and Pushing Up Roses). He's not oblivious.

Seems like Doug learned a few things from Jontron when they did that little crossover bit. Just keep your head low for some time until everything blows over.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

It’s a depressing thought: does Doug bring in million-dollar-range views? Literally everyone else who has ever tried has done infinitely better videos within two years at most, and struggled with income for seven.

Not quite, according to social blade each year he brings 42.5k to 680k a year. But if you add in merchandise and sponsorship deals he probably teeters close to a million. Thats the thing, there are all these videos of "The DEATH of Channel Awesome?!?!" but... its not. I mean, sure Channel Awesome the concept, that being a website meant to have multiple reviewers and not be all about Doug, may die. But Nostalgia Critic is going to hum along just fine as he has cultivated a large audience who has been with him for a long time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

But still—a million loving dollars a year to the stupidest, weakest, least literate human imaginable for waving a toy gun around. AND he’s an irredeemable piece of poo poo. I just can’t handle it.

I know right? I work a full time job, and in a single month, on the high end, this guy makes double what I earn in a year working full time retail. This and seeing what DSP can manage to wring out of his audience doesn't help with work related stress. I could have been that chucklefuck making chicky chang wang charlie chan jokes while pointing a webcam at my tv screen, or use the onboard mic of a camcorder to record myself screeching and shooting a fake gun.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

e X posted:

That is a really weird take on this...

I wouldn't call it that big of a stretch, Doug did literally have a Nostalgia Chick just to do reviews of "girly" cartoons from his childhood.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alacron posted:

Goldmark seems to be venting about the 10th anniversary movie on Twitter right now:

https://twitter.com/Motyka5dude/status/983080933749387264

https://twitter.com/tonygoldmark/status/983084397837434880

lol

Only one half of those is true, so I think its the evil clown. I mean, it will have Doug in it after all.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm still kind of amazed that anyone still gives a drat about Angry Joe. He's one of the most obnoxious speakers I've ever heard on youtube.

Gonna play devil's advocate, I don't watch the vast majority of his videos but my god has he grown. I don't think the guy broke 100k views back in the day, and now he is getting at least 2 mil per angry review. I wouldn't think Joe would have gotten to be as big as he is now compared to anyone else on the website.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Congrats, 1000 pages to lol Doug Walker

http://i.imgur.com/yDiiq2j.gifv

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:vince:

• Locked thread