Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I will play some fuckin' Legacy. I have no idea how this kind of thing gets scheduled, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ciprian Maricon posted:

are we playing whatever we want in the format or are going by ANIME FAN CHALLENGE RULES where you have to post a picture of your deck?

here is a picture of my deck

Decklist:
4 Ornithopter
4 Memnite
4 Signal Pest
4 Vault Skirge
4 Master of Etherium
3 Etched Champion

4 Cranial Plating

4 Thoughtcast
4 Galvanic Blast

4 Mox Opal
3 Springleaf Drum

4 Mishra's Factory
3 Ancient Tomb
3 Darksteel Citadel
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod

Sideboard:
4 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Cabal Therapy
1 Chains of Mephistopheles
3 Whipflare
3 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Relic of Progenitus

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 21, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

does xmage have time limits?

It has MODO-style time limits.

Definitely take the time to load your deck in xmage and verify that all the cards are implemented. There's also a risk that some cards are buggy in edge cases - I heard that Echoing Truth used to do weird things with face-down morphs, for example.

The one playable unimplemented card I noticed was Jotun Grunt.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Legacy at a big tournament may be metagame dependent and ruled by tier denominations, but if you ask a bunch of deeply-invested non-professional M:tG players to come out and play their favorite Legacy decks, you are going to see some weird poo poo. :allears:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wow, we're getting a really great turnout for the First Annual McMagic's Balls Memorial Tournament. :getin:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I've personally love RUG since it was "Canadian Threshold" with Werebears and poo poo, which is why I'm running it but God bless each and every one of you who had the ability to run anything and still just chose whatever you loved instead of what won the last SCG event.

When I first started playing Legacy, one of my friends blew out on RUG Delver, and I would repeatedly humiliate him with my stupid loving robots. ("How much did you pay for that green guy? Really? Why can't he attack into my two-dollar three drop?") Now I am incapable of playing other Legacy decks, or Modern robots.

Btw, God Bless all of you who will cast an Ad Nauseam against me. You're my brave little soldiers.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Chamale posted:

That list is giving me an error message, is it working for anyone else? I'd like to make sure Thought Lash works before I play it.

Looks like it isn't. I don't think they have anything with cumulative upkeep at all...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

suicidesteve posted:

I might play Jund instead of RUG.

I want to encourage as many people as possible to play Jund, given how this tournament started...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

DarkRider09 posted:

Also, what's the deal with mcmagic and this tournament. I missed something somewhere.

McMagic is the man who posted an opinion so wrong it caused a 40-person Legacy tournament. :911:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

if anyone wins through chains beatdown they will get a special prize

Brb, updating my list to include Chains SB.

netcat posted:

I guess worldgorger is still banned on xmage so you can't play legacy games with it.

I think you can just play the match as Casual or whatever?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

You can run any cards you like if you set the match type to "Limited".

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I mean, if both players agree and have time, you could just run your non-xmage round until it finishes, but y'know, YMMV.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Sampatrick posted:

Sign me up bruh I'll probably be playing some sort of a Shardless Agent deck

You're way late, bruh, you must love mcmagic's posting.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 1:

underlined person won the flip and chooses to play or draw

13) LordSaturn vs gang sines

I see how it is. :colbert:

When can I find you on #mtgoon IRC? We can arrange things from there, I think.

vvv EDIT: Good, I'll catch you then. I knew I'd seen you idling in there the last time I peeked in, is why I asked.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 26, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

i went 2-1, i'm uploading the video now

e: it's still being uploaded but the vid is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJ3nGSPxF4

It says the video is private?

I'm kind of shocked I hit you with the blind Cabal Therapy in game 3, but my game 2 hand was unkeepable and I should have known better. Also I probably boarded wrong, oh well.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 2 PAIRINGS:

4) Ableist Kinkshamer vs LordSaturn

I'm not sure how you arranged your last match. IRC? I'll try watching for you on IRC.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Everyone who fails to be involved in a thunderdome game they're assigned to should find and quote one (1) mcmagic post about card opinions they unironically agree with.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Starving Autist/Ableist Kinkshamer gets me 2-0. If I had played around his Eidolon like a sane person G1 I might have had a shot, but G2 went poorly and I died.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wadjamaloo posted:

I tried doing this with goblins. I got everything I needed except for wasteland and rishadan port, then those cards skyrocketed to be 90% of the entire deck cost, and then deck stopped being a deck.

If you should have learned anything from this tournament, it's that any legacy deck is a deck if you want it to be. People still play Goblins because Goblins is still fun as gently caress and it's plenty possible to win games.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wadjamaloo posted:

Don't kid yourself, goblins isn't a deck.

If you can shuffle it, it's a deck. Stop being a coward and play games with it. (Ports are kind of narrow but you will never run out of uses for those Wastelands.)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

At my very first Legacy event, I took my Tempered Steel deck, swapped in some Enlightened Tutors, and went 1-3. The 1 was a real Legacy Affinity deck losing violently to 0-land keeps and the old legend rule between our Mox Opals...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

14) TenjouUtena vs LordSaturn

Welcome to the losers' bracket, nerd. You think the scrub tier is your ally, but I was born here! :getin:

Anyway, I usually see you around on IRC so I'll look for you there, if that's okay.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

For a tournament that was born from the salty ashes of one man's stupid ideas, this really has been a treat. I don't even care that I'm making a horrible showing of my pet deck by playing like an idiot at all times.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

TenjouUtena posted:

I lost 0-2.

Guise, counting to 10 is REALLY REALLY hard.

Confirm. I may have Thoughtcasted into double Cabal Therapy G2. :nyoron:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

Not sure why it still happens if you kill Painter's Servant in response, but I'd suspect a screwup in the implementation of Painter's Servant.

From a quick skim over the code, it looks like the Servant implementation doesn't reverse the color-changing effect when it ends.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I did, it does nothing.

it worked fine before. ill be honest, i have very little interest in figuring how to use an old version or whatever, i had fun but looks like i broke something.

You can play on Cockatrice if xmage is broken. Don't turn back now...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

round four pairings:

14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate

It looks like you've been skipping out of the last two rounds? You might actually be as bad as McMagic. PM me if you're actually going to play.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LordSaturn posted:

It looks like you've been skipping out of the last two rounds? You might actually be as bad as McMagic. PM me if you're actually going to play.

If Pontius Pilate doesn't show up and ask for an extension before the deadline, please consider dropping him. Keeping these guys in the bracket is just dumping byes into the system.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

last call post.

plz get yo games or extension requests in by 8 AM EST TOMORROW

plz let me know if you need assistance contacting your opponent

remaining matches:
14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate

A gentle reminder that my opponent is a no-show and probable drop so far.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

just remembered xmage saves result history so i saw bafh took it 2-1

4) Wadjamaloo vs LordSaturn

Alright, I guess I'm in the Doomsday bracket now. How do you want to link up?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wadjamaloo posted:

I'm off work at 3pm pst but I like to go mountain biking, so a bit of advanced warning is nice. I hang out in the IRC a lot.

I get off around 5 PM PST, and any afternoon this week is about as good. I will try to catch you in IRC tonight.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I got it 2-1.

That was loving gross, I am actually sorry for topdecking the way I did. Your discard spells should work better than that.

On the other hand, it feels good to be a Cranial Plating gangster. :getin:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

ROUND 6 PAIRINGS
the final round of swiss, we'll be cutting to top8 next

9) PhyrexianLibrarian vs LordSaturn

Fight me IRMTG, P-Libbz. (I am not in IRC by default, but I will go there to find you on a night I expect you to be there.)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey LordSaturn I'll be home around 5:30 EST and up for squeezing our match in if you'll be around.

I will try to do this. Not that it greatly matters but I do like playing my deck :unsmith:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

My savage Toxic Deluge was no match for his chaining 3x Thoughtcasts together. I have been defeated by LordSaturn's army of robots, 1-2.

Confirm. Game 1 I lost pretty hard to Basically Do What Nic Fit Does; Games 2 and 3 both included T1 Springleaf Drum/0-drop/Grafdigger's Cage, and both ended with a ruthlessly topdecked second cranial plating. Me and my dumb loving topdecks. :allears:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ahahaha how the gently caress did I make 9th with loving robots :psyduck:

by topdecking cranial platings :unsmigghh:

I gotta play tighter next thunderdome, I was ~one idiotic punt from making top 8 :smith:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

oh i didn't say this but top seed chooses play/draw

Is top seed on the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

he's a grinder and he tries hard :getin: