Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'd love to play a Witcher sequel as a Witcher apprentice that you get to create yourself but unless Geralt decides so set up his own Witcher school at the end of the game, I'd say that it might be too much to hope for.

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 will have a character creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

I can finally play Adam Jensen again. Until the new Deus Ex comes out.

There will be two new Deus Ex games before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, you'll see.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope the skill tree is vastly more impressive than it was in 2. I'm playing through The Witcher now (planning on doing 2 right after) and it's just nuts how much more impressive the skills are. When I see them and remember a similar skill was like +5% of something it was just boring, it was hard to really care about leveling the skill in that game. In the first game I look forward to leveling up because all those upgrades are worthwhile.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know, that was one aspect of the Gothic series I appreciated. You pull a bunch of poo poo into a guard and they kill him and you steal his boss weapon but you can't use it because you're still a low level baby. But I guess that would seem out of place for someone like Geralt. If you ask me, as a person who only knows the witcher universe from these games, it seems like it's the kind of deal with Lord of the Rings where all the good poo poo was made by elves or dwarves or gnomes years ago now stuff today is just 3rd hand garbage replicas and the only real quality stuff are made by recluses who don't want anything to do with anyone. So it seems like that sort of problem could have been solved by making crafted weapons better than stuff dropped by John Q'Grunt and hiding the materials for the better weapons behind badass monsters, job rewards or whatever. No one expected to get the best steel sword from a dentist in the first game by bringing him teeth.

So, I beat the first Witcher. Neutral path all the way. I hope in the third game we meet Kalkstein again, I liked him. I'm in Flotsam in the second game now. Boy, do I hate the camera angle for dice in this game. Why it is at an extreme angle where you can't see anything is beyond me. I hope it's back to a top-down view like in the first game, if dice poker is still around and didn't get replaced by actual poker or triple-triad or whatever that card game we saw was. Also "Your mother sucks dwarven cock" gets replaced with "ploughing whoreson", so it makes me wonder what will be the magical repeated line or word(s) in the third game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, that was a problem. When the game first came out tutorials would appear and disappear instantly because you were going around Foltest's camp, looting everything. Tutorials are a tricky thing. Playing it back to back you really don't give a poo poo but brand new or after a while you'll want them. I think the arena tutorial for The Witcher 2 was the best middle ground, except it was buggy as heck.

As for the items, I said my piece but I just wanted to add that I found it extremely funny that getting Aerondight from the Lady of the Lake was made up as a huge deal then when you turn in the last trophy to the royal huntsman you just drop that poo poo in a dank cave for the Moonblade. Welp, this mighty sword helped me for a day, time to use some random human's hunting sword now. Or maybe it was Geralt's destiny to drop that sword in front of the royal huntsman so he would use it. :tinfoil:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I have a question about the Alchemy tree in The Witcher 2. The bottom half of the tree revolves around being poisoned. Is that having the status effect poisoned or is it a mistranslation and means having a toxicity level?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I figured as much. I'm not a fan of that tree in general but a few of the skills are quite fantastic. I just wish you got more skill points. You have a shitload of skills with two levels to them and only get one skill point per level up. I forgot about that. Thankfully there are mods out there.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dark mode is pretty fun. I decided to try it out in my current playthrough and while it's a pain in the rear end to get, those armor pieces are pretty great. That creepy effect when you wield the swords is pretty neat.

I honestly think the games do a bad job of explaining why the Nilfgaard Empire is such a terrible place considering you see first hand that the north is a pretty big shithole and its rulers are the biggest pieces of human garbage rolling around in that muck. Who knows, maybe in the third game you get there and it's one big cesspit that makes the north look like a sparkling beacon of decency. Either way I say let the northern kings burn, useless the whole lot of them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's easier to win the troll head in poker for the ingredient then kill Loredo's thugs in revenge. Everyone wins except for the guy who bought the troll's head but that's what happens when you play dice poker against a save scrubber.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It was probably the same guy who made the Manifest Destiny in Red Dead Redemption. That one is where you kill all the non-respawning buffalo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope in The Witcher 3 if you still have Raven's armor you get a chance to turn it into the best armor in the game. I mean, it's Raven's armor! Space-age stuff compared to the junk produced in that world! Kalkstein poured his heart and soul into that armor and I'll be damned that it remains as bonus starting armor!

So Prince Stennis. Oh, what to do with you...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

OatBoy posted:

I have a Iorveth path one that has the tat:
-spared Aryan
-Spared Stennis
-Saved Saskia
-Let Letho Live

This is my old save. It's actually saved before the Letho fight. My Dark Mode save is just threw Stennis to the peasants. He didn't make five steps before he got bludgeoned to death. It was glorious.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

What's a Witcher anyway?

A person who witches. Duh!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

But why do they carry two swords?

Do you only carry one bullet when you go to battle? Just in case he loses his first one, obviously.

drat it's like you people aren't even paying attention when you play these games!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Archimago posted:

Will the horses have realistic genitals though?

That's a 15 dollar DLC or a 99 dollar mod.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Seems like quite a few people are getting upset after seeing this gif showing up on reddit (I just linked the image, this is the thread - WARNING REDDIT). The difference in quality is pretty apparent but there really isn't any info on builds or which version the later is from or what have you. Comte can you comment on that comparison at all? Obviously things in development change, things get optimized so it can run on modern hardware, ect. Can you reach the quality of the December 2013 part of the gif any more?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

One is clearly promo cgi. Who the hell believes promo videos?

Some people, I guess. I'm just asking on behalf of a friend. I've seen what the game looks like in all the recent footage from the embargo and I think it looks fantastic.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love this woman's accent.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Doing that would be equality for the hetero crowd but the LGBT still will be left out in the cold.

I bet Cyberpunk 2077 will allow you to bang any and everyone.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Don't worry, all this poo poo will be un-ironically said when the game comes out because of the "problematic" content.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dark Mode wasn't that much harder. You just had to dodge a lot more and use all your tools in your arsenal in the beginning. After you get your first set of Dark armor you could slack off a lot more.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

I was too afraid of her to bang Abigail. Still killed the mob instead of her though. Speaking of that:

Alvin had a hard life.

I called that the half-assed dress because it only covers the bottom half of her rear end. I shook my head and laughed when I saw her turn around in that.

Edit: And all I could think about was this.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 8, 2015

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Like the giant sprawling levels for anything other than running around in doing MMO missions. That game felt like it was designed by two different people then mashed into one game. I still enjoyed it but holy poo poo, it has a lot of wasted space.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Conan's Clueless Gamer for this game is probably the funniest one he has done. I was laughing non-stop.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

At least Galaxy is better than Steam was when it first launched. I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve as Steam did. It's about time competition came around. (GOG 4 lyfe)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just feels awkward to have two different rolls on a keyboard. I feel like jump should be something done out of combat, rolling done in combat but not locked on and dodging in combat with the lock-on. Kind of how Bloodborne does it. Just seems needlessly convoluted, just because you have all the keyboard keys to assign all kinds of poo poo doesn't mean you should, especially in a character action game. I'm going to have to disable my Windows key for this game. I foresee mashing into it while trying to dodge.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What were the sales numbers for The Witcher and The Witcher 2?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

iGestalt posted:

You should get told more often - it was a really rad game.

Keep on working on rad games, dudes.

Nah, the game's poop. Dragon Age 2, on the other hand, is the game of the decade, let me tell you what!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Broose posted:

If the milfguard interrogator doesn't mention my sick neck tat I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm sure that's something you ask Conan after you inquire about Jennifer.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Robutt posted:

Mmm check out that next-gen Broche.

Looking as pissed off and awesome as ever.

But we still don't know what's underneath that head-wrap. :iiam:

Another head-wrap.

Like this. Just replace Genki with Roche.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

For those waiting on Giant Bomb, Vinny and Alex are going to be streaming Witcher 3 tomorrow starting at 2pm EST. Sure to be a good time for all.

Put me down for Vinny breaking the game 5 minutes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's pretty established that most, if not all, sorceresses are extremely vain. You don't even need to have book knowledge to know that, if you play any of the witcher games it becomes kind of apparent.

• Locked thread