Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Skunkrocker posted:

What's really hosed about it is how many times have they done this? This was the first time I've actually noticed actual piped in chants during a match, when else have they done it? Smackdown? Old pay per views on the Network? DVDs? I don't know!

Someone here wasn't alive when Saturday Night's Main Event was on the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Phenix Rising posted:

What'd they sweeten there? I was actually at that Rumble but I was 9 at the time, so my memory is a bit fuzzy from what actual reactions were to what appeared on video.

I feel like I remember lots of boos for Hogan, or maybe that was just my friends and I totally giving up on him for being eliminated like a chump.

Hogan was booed massively for pulling Sid out of the ring. Subsequent airings placed loud obviously fake Hogan chants over it.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Daniel Bryan posted:

And here's your top Mania card basically locked up barring injuries or whatnot:

Reigns vs Lesnar WWE Title
HHH vs Sting
Cena vs Rusev
Taker vs Wyatt (if Taker agrees)
Orton vs Rollins
Bryan vs Ziggler

This card would be massively improved with just some small changes, namely Cena, Orton and Bryan all switching partners. Bryan vs Rollins would be a hot as hell match with a number one contender angle, Orton vs Rusev would be a perfectly adequate match with Rusev going over, and Cena vs Ziggler in a Ziggler being mad that Cena gets credit for survivor series win angle.

As is, Cena sets an early glass ceiling on a rising star, Rollins is stuck wrestling a merely adequate match, and while Bryan Ziggler would be a really good match, Ziggler would lose the face support he built up and the whole card is going to be booed by angry fans anyway.

And if we're really taking a hatchet to the card, Sting and Undertaker can go sit together in the stands where they belong and we can get Dean Ambrose vs anyone and an NXT showcase match in there.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Benne posted:

So Seth Rollins is now a made man and that's super cool. Can we finally get him better music than Generic Butt Rock #318?

I think it fits him as a heel. It's very detestable without sounding completely terrible like cesaros theme.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Orgophlax posted:

I missed most of Smackdown. Was Reigns booed?

Yes, but most of his match was dead with the lightest of let's go Roman Roman sucks chants. By comparison the raw in Hartford I went to last year gave him the second biggest pop of the night after Sandow coming out as Vince and his regular appearance was hotter than Jericho's return.

Make no mistake, this rumble has killed his heat even outside of the Brooklyn/MSG/Philly arenas. And if he keeps throwing up bricks like that tragic two minute hurricanrana spot there is no chance of him getting it back.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I know people keep saying Roman is a power dude who should keep doing power moves, but is he actually in any way a power dude? I mean the triple powerbomb which was his big finisher thing during the shield era was dean and seth doing all the lifting and roman hoverhanding the guy as he falls. The samoan drop features no lifting, just a guy jumping and roman falling.

I don't think I've ever seen Roman do a single power move which wasn't set up for him like a four year old on his dads shoulders doing a slam dunk. He also isn't fast or agile nor is he a convincing brawler. What the hell is roman besides a couple of baby spots they would give to guys like Dennis Rodman for them to get over easy.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't think he oversells and his selling makes him look great because no matter how hurt you get him, he pushes through and beats you clean. I also think he's had plenty of good matches and would have a great match if given time and the right opponent (as is true with much of the roster).

Sure, but his ceiling as a foreign heel is a match against the top face in the company at Wrestlemania. Besides him almost losing to Jack Swagger and Mark Henry for a year isn't what got him over as a heel, it's entirely the Russian gimmick and Lana antagonizing crowds.

Dude definitely is more than a one trick pony and should have a long career, but that gimmick has a short shelf life. It's tailor made to be fed to Cena.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's probably a better analogy but that's the first thing that came to mind.

It only fits if Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan run out to make the save at the end only for Ziggler to turn heel off camera and attack Bryan for no reason and have the entire match and everyone in it immediately upstaged by Great Khali dressed as a mummy who dryhumps everyone in the ring while Cole and JBL put him over like Stone Cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

DukeofCA posted:

His body is a white slab and his head is super detailed. It's very off-putting.

No muscle definition, no wonder he can't get over.

• Locked thread