Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Anderson will win and make it look easy and I still won't be confident Anderson is half the fighter he was before the Weidman fights, because it is Nick Diaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yeah the main card is actually very strong overall excepting maybe Leites Boetsch, but there's still enough possibility there for a cool finish that I'm not dreading it. The undercard is significantly less strong but there are a few solid or fun fights on there. McCall Lineker might be good, Brandao Hettes will either end spectacularly in the first four minutes or be a hilarious pile of poo poo. This is the card we deserve in 2015.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

fatherdog posted:

If the weakest fight on the main is Leites/Boetsch the card is in excellent shape because that's a pretty good fight

My heart of hearts wants to believe this but I've been burned by them both too many times to say it out loud. Though it's probably easier to blame the Hermans and Philippous for bad fights than it is the Boetsches and Leiteses...

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Kelvin-Woodley and Lauzon-Iaquinta would be locks for Fight of the Night on any other card, so I'm interested to see how the bonuses shake out. I think Silva gets PotN but that fight is not going to last very long or be as fun as some people think, I bravely predict.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

What's crazy to me is Kelvin struggled to make weight on the show, at middleweight. He even had Jimmy Quinlan read him bedtime stories to distract him from his near-death experience.

I wish he was more disciplined about neutrition.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore posted:

is it too late for me to change my pick for goonweight

No, unfortunately :(

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

THE BUTT MAN posted:

Kelvin Gastelum will die from a single punch and usher in the Helmet Era wherein all fighters wear bicycle helmets that they can decorate with Reebok-approved stickers and ribbons

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dont go toward Shane, Ian, stay here with us

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm in a Hooters right now trying to watch the fights with my people and have a good time, and we're next to a table of juggalos who keep saying their favorite fighters are Anderson Sylvia and Clay Gwyda and it was bullshit when that Weedman guy knocked him out

And it's a drat shame cuz this card is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Clay Guida out of all the popular fighters nowadays?

When I heard Sylvia and assumed he meant Tim and that made sense, he likes a fighter who also looks like he does meth in a shack, but no he just can't pronounce Silva

JHomer722 posted:

And I'm sorry to hear you live in a place with Juggalos. I know your pain.

They whoop whooped when their wings came out

• Locked thread