Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CommieGIR posted:

First Mortgage payment! :smithicide:

Just 359 more of those and you've arrived! It's depressing to consider how long it's going to take which is why we intend to pay it off in the next 10 years.

I turn 30 this month. Reflecting on my life's achievements so far and I'm pretty pleased with how things have gone this far. I'd like to think I haven't peaked yet so I am looking forward to bigger and betterer things and enjoying what I have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

So the Nuremberg Toy Fair is winding down and all of the details on different new product announcements are coming out. If I had nothing but time/space/money I would buy and build every Tamiya kit offered. Check out some of their shenanigans from this year:

I wouldn't even end up driving them. I just want to build them and maybe burn a battery or two through them

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Congrats angryhampster! Lots o dads up in this business. The book suggested for us was baby-wise and was great on our first kid. Second kid is harder because first kid throws off his schedule.

I never would endorse it, but you need to wander into gbs and look at the Taylor Swift thread. Something amazing is happening if you loved days of gibbis gone by. A friend alerted me of it.
Edit: :boom:

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 6, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

I haven't been back in GBS in a long time but that is the type of poo poo I joined for back in the day.

Exactly - that place used to be amazing but the catchphrasing and circle jerks got to be a bit much to handle. I lurked it for a good year before finally joining SA. I since ventured to better pastures garages. Thinking about "HEEEEEEEERE'S FRANKIE" and the P-p-p-p-p-powerbook! are were the best.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Feels good to get to work on a Monday and just crush it and have a good attitude about working with people.

It was a good Monday guys.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

rscott posted:

Buy them both

2: ?
3: Profit

fjelltorsk posted:

Got some imagery done. Surgery was a success and the prognosis is not an open wound anymore. I am also enjoying the gently caress out of taking and editing pictures again.

Awesome to see you back. Those couple days of silence were a little worrying.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Soooo straying away from job/political chat something awesome has happened in my state. A few months ago they passed a motion to increase the speed limits of I-15 all along the Wasatch front of Utah to 70 mph. Mind you that we also have a long stretch of 80 mph in the middle of nowhere Utah. Rush hour traffic is still mega slow, but when it's not congested everyone is hauling rear end. It's seriously makes freeway travel awesome.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

An '89 man trans 4 door 325i popped up in the local BMW Facebook group. 178k miles, $1800 OBO. I took a screenshot and sent it to my wife. She replied 'what are you saying?' I told her I want to buy it because it's cheap (:homebrew:) and they look handsome when they are dumped and clean. I sent her a pic for an example. The texts back stopped after that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Mat_Drinks posted:

Well after the false alarm yesterday morning my wife went into labor last night. Cal was born this morning healthy and happy and now he's napping on my lap while I forum post :)

Nice work! It's fun when they're that little. You feel like your holding them to keep them from floating away. Second baby was a much easier delivery than the first, but my wife made the first one look pretty easy. 1 1/2 contractions worth of pushing and the little guy was here. :3:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm browsing through Netflix and Amazon trying to figure out what I'm going to watch tonight.

If you haven't watched Justified I'd highly recommend it. Seasons 1-5 are on Amazon prime. They are about 3 episodes in to the 6th(final) season. I love it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

Since I posted about it in here I ended up buying it:

How many cars have you owned with a frunk? I'd take a wager that it's more than anyone else in AI. That thing is awesome and you're awesome for posting it. :hfive:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

A few episodes in on this, good show so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

The show really hits its stride seasons 2 and 3. All other seasons have been far better than average television shows. It also has just enough oddball crap to keep from taking itself too seriously which is appreciated. Plus Natalie Zea is one of the finest women on TV.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

MrChips posted:

Just in case you guys didn't know already, Better Call Saul is a loving awesome show.

Just finished the pilot. That opening scene in the public defense court was a bit...disturbing. I'm sure it'll be fantastic given the expectation of breaking bad.

Just watching this weeks episode of the walking dead. I swear the zombies move faster than this plot. I'm not hate watching it but I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd like to.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Did my first pass through my taxes and it looks like I owe the state about $2k and will be getting back $4k from federal so something's messed up. Reeeeaallly appreciate the nut punch on tax credits where it says 'your credits for your children are $600, where they would normally be $1000 but you made too much money'. :911:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Has this been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j0H5sP-prk What this has to do with selling shoes makes no sense but a different way that a mini van with a SBC makes no sense.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Tide posted:

I've decided I need an avatar.

I've thought the same thing. It's not even the $10, it's just I don't know what to put there. I shamefully waited waaay too long before buying plat though. It was before the whole grenade logo thing showed up though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Sandbagger SA posted:

Yup. When I was a boy scout it was like that too. The larger organization is by and large co-opted by the Mormon church but individual troops don't necessarily partake in the Kool-Aid as heavily.

As a still active/faithful LDS person this is largely true from my experience. I went to scouts through my youth but didn't really care for it. Just more interested in camping and hanging out with my friends in my neighborhood. I never earned my Eagle Scout either. I still donate to Friends of Scouting each year that it comes around and realistically I will probably serve in some capacity in the scouting program by way of receiving an assignment from church. Lots of good memories of scout stuff, mostly discovering what was and wasn't flammable during scout camps. Living in Utah we don't really get much diversity in our scout troops.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Utah upped the speed limit along I-15 through the main populated area to 70 MPH a couple months ago. Don't forget that we also have a massive stretch of 80 MPH freeway when heading south to Las Vegas, etc. When there is no traffic it works awesome. During congestion hours it is no different. It makes sense to raise the limit so that as the freeway isn't as busy people can (and do) travel faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Raluek posted:

/

Dude so spot on. Ever since he got that avatar all of his posts are narrated by Ron Swanson in my head. It makes the words have greater confidence.

• Locked thread