Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It means only the Lord has the right to take vengeance on someone! Remember that the Lord will fight for you. Thus, He will surely be the one who will avenge you from those who have done evil to you.

Looks like we don't need all these pesky laws and regulations and police and courts anymore.

We could live in an anarcho-libertarian-Christian paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

ChlorophileAddict posted:

actually she had quite a lot

She also died with millions of dollars in various bank accounts (over $3 million per year taken in donations from Germany alone) that she never spent on treatment for sick people because she thought it was spiritually better for them to suffer and die in agony in emulation of Jesus. During the period 1952-1991 there were over 29,000 deaths of "patients" at her mission in Calcutta. She was a delusional sadist.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Not because it's actually there, mind you, but because the Supremes put it there.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Christians in the United States have lived charmed lies for 350 years, from the establishment of the Jamestown colony in 1607 to the beginning of the decade in the 1960s. During those years, our nation's Christian heritage was recognized and respected.

Hatred toward Christianity in America today is blatant, crude and loud. Just type the word, Christian, into an Internet search engine and see the nature of the critical articles that appear. They are horrific in nature. Christianity is vilified as "what is wrong with America," and Christians are denounced as "intolerant bigots."

I'd like to see some of these "persecuted" American Christians visit a place like Northern Ireland, where basically everybody is Christian but there is still lots of violence and they literally blow each other up based on their denomination.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

If they wanted to keep kids away from D&D they should have explained how it's actually pretty boring and only giant nerds play it and how they would never get laid. Plan backfired! Incidentally the video games based on D&D are usually fun.

I wonder what religious groups say about Magic cards.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

"WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN 58AD?"

Once again, Nero persecuted the Christians for turning the world upside down --- as in 'reversing its poles.'

In AD57, [what is now called] Antarctica was at the top of the world --- due North.

In AD58, [what is now called] Antarctica was at the bottom of the world --- due South.

Nero used that as an excuse to persecute the Christians.

Is there any way I can make this any simpler for you?

Are they talking about continents shifting or the polarity of Earth's magnetic field reversing :confused:

Because the last time the polarity reversed was 780,000 years ago. Then again that's according to NASA and what do stupid scientists know?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

testing to see if I win the lottery or Keira Knightley sits on my face

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Carl Sagan, espoused by ignorant atheists, devotee of Mystery Babylon!

I've read Demon-Haunted World and Contact, but not Dragons of Eden. Even considering that these critics are paranoid delusional idiots who believe in literal witchcraft, I still can't imagine how they interpreted Carl Sagan's books to reveal him as a member of a Babylonian mystery cult :v:. That takes some top grade lunacy that even surprises me.

It makes me want to read Dragons of Eden though. Thanks, loony Christians!

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

I liked the quote about the kosher laws being important because shellfish has cholesterol and god is looking out for your diet.

Eat all the eggs you want though!

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Can I buy the "blessed olive oil" somewhere, and if so, is it ok to use when I make chicken florentine?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

quote:

I actually laughed out loud when I got to the last sentence.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Do I have any proof for this? Nope. Does it really matter? Nope.

Religious thinking in a nutshell.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

All Dogs Go To Heaven

QED

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
some extra help?
I love when religious people are inadvertently honest about the deeply-rooted motivations for their faith like this. Yet they lack the introspection to realize that their reasons are primarily psychological and that they are willfully deluding themselves just to feel better.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"I have no other choice because my place of employment is closed on Christmas" aren't valid....The fact is, if you in any way partake in the festivities, then you are a hypocrite because you're catering to the Christian belief.
So I guess if you work for a Jewish boss and the staff gets the day off for Yom Kippur or Rosh Hashanah that means you're all suddenly Jewish too :confused:

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

Because they want to have fun with their friends and loved ones?

Yeah, Christmas is basically Thanksgiving 2 where you also exchange gifts. You don't need to worship Jesus for that.

Also I don't know any atheists or non-Christians who "celebrate" Easter, unless they mean eating the candy.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

God could have made the earth as old as he wanted. 

It was believed that the grand canyon took millions of years, but in recent years scientist believe it took place in a matter of minutes or hours. I am not sure which, but a very fast time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txzOIGulUIQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Republican Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence is a creationist who once gave a speech in Congress condemning evolution as "just a theory." Later, when asked by Chris Matthews on MSNBC if he believed in evolution, Pence refused to answer. He also doesn't believe in global warming.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/flashback-mike-pence-delivers-entire-speech-denying-evolution
http://fortune.com/2016/07/15/mike-pence-donald-trump-science/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.53c5392c6bc7

• Locked thread