Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you are not right

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

matrix ripoff posted:

i fuckin love a sourdough jack

in fact, that is all i ever get there

jack in the box may be on the lower end of burger quality, but on the other hand - where else can you burg at 3AM?

at this place:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

matrix ripoff posted:

the fact i live in texas and didn't know this is almost like living in new york and never having visited the statue of liberty

there are no words

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think most novelty burgers depend less on being something people have always wanted but never could get before and more on being something that people start to want once they find out they can get it

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

cream of mushroom soup is pretty good on a burg

just to be clear, you mean like the reduced soup from cambpell that's thick until you cook it right?
you just use that as a spread, with the heat from the patty warming it?

I mean that's the lazy man's way, if you were cooking from scratch you'd of course have to make your own reduction of real soup

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

sorry i make soup by using vegetables and cookery

Uh, then make a reduction and put that on the burger?

This is like cooking 101 in here :eng101:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

we used to talk about serious burging, now it's all soup reduction and cooking 101

this thread is ruined

I posted the best burgers on the first two pages and I stand by them.

But I also support the human urge to create

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

lol yeah im a millionaire with hours of free time every day to reduce all manner of sauces to top my steaks and lobsters. some people actually have to work full time and need to purchase convenience groceries for this reason.

hey woah I use Campbell just like you, I was talking to Mr(s?). Hoity Toity Soup Elitist over there sheesh!

e. ^^ That person, the one who can't make up his (her?) mind about fresh soup

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

lets just clarify that im no soup elitist i just dont live in america and dont know about these processed foods

Buddy if you live somewhere that doesn't have canned soup then you probably also don't have ground beef or mushrooms or paved roads or clean water in which case I don't know what to tell you and am curious why you are in this thread?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

*dumps soup on a burger*

DID I DO THIS RIGHT

No, you are supposed to spread it on.

This is not a joke reply.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

dont country shame

You're right I'm sorry I just like burgers is all :respek:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

That channel is satire, mushroom soup reduction on burgers is not. Perhaps you should read up on the concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

I know wikipedia isn't suitable as a citation for academic works but I think for your purposes it will provide a good jumping-off point for further exploration, and buddy you need the help.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

you don't dump soup on the burger, you dip the burger in soup. People have already done this for years, it's called "au jus", ugh

This also works. Why is burgers and soup so hard for people? It's a parallel concept to grilled cheese and tomato soup for gently caress's sake.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

You've destroyed something I love with this furger poo poo.

you need to pull your head out of the sand

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

There's no loving way in hell I'm ever putting fish in my grinder with beef.

You can buy fish paste that you can mix into a patty with beef if you're that weird about the sanctity of your tools.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I dont think that is how they do it in the restaurant, if anything I'd advise just cutting it into real thin strips and then dicing if you are afraid of grinding it for whatever reason

Will It Blend? Has that guy ever done a fish? I bet he blends his fish because his meat grinder is only for manly steer beef.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

They made a similar joke about multi-bladed razors

BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

Moral: don't take your cues for future progress from a sketch comedy show you big dummy.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

just eating a pretty lovely durger (dickburger) that i topped with a VERY SPECIAL mayonnaise

Please talk about real burgers. Just because you aren't into fish doesn't mean you can't share the thread with those of us who are. This is a bad joke and whoever is encouraging you to make jokes like this isn't looking out for your best interests.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

look here pal i like fish as much as the next guy but im not grinding trout into my beef because I'm not psychotic

Oh boo hoo better post about it some more oh no people like different stuff than you do :rolleyes:
God drat, you're whinier than Gordon Ramsey. Fish is delicious and you're the crazy one for thinking otherwise.

VV post em here, don't let this guy bully you out of the burger thread

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Except when they arent. Like when you add loving ground fish to ground beef.

Fetus Tree posted:

Is that like a religious thing or?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Except when they arent. Like when you add loving ground fish to ground beef.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Something Offal > ~*Burger Thread*~ Furgers are, of course, welcome.

Get owned sucker.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

LEMME TELL YA ABOUT PINEAPPLE ON BURGERS

It's called a hawaiian burger, just like the pizza, and even though it's polarizing, just like the pizza, it has as many supporters as detractors, just like the pizza.

I'd also make the bun out of Hawaiian Bread to really hang your tongue loose surfing a wave of flavor!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

would you say it really gives it a..'hawaiian wave' ?

Yes. Surf's up!

edit:

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 4, 2015

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I wanted to try one of these before but that post jumped furgers to the top of my to-cook list for real.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Effing delicious might open my own place, check for the kickstarter

If you do you're going to make fat loving stacks slangin them furgers

From philly cheesesteaks, lobsters on the barbeque
I'm getting twisted eating chicken with a prostitute
An hour later eat the furger with my drug dealer
Then add the butter to the fudge to make the fudge realer

e:
VV hey OP you should add that gif to the OP, preferably along with some dope rap lyrics VV

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 4, 2015

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

it's general practice to blah blah blah etc.

Is the fact that you think in these terms even though you can't back it up with anything more substantial than "since that's what I personally do/approve of" the reason why you're having a meltdown because someone put a spoonful of a sauce that you don't approve of on their novelty heart attack burger?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I made this a while back while screwing around, I'm just going to drop it here:

(from the intro of Bob's Burgers for those of you who don't watch cartoons)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

abomination

don't knock it till you tried it, for real

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

rj54x posted:

Yup! Let us count the reasons:

1. Furger is a made up word, that sounds similiar to a known phrase (Fur Burger). The latter phrase actually has the word "burger" in it.
2. A burger and a hairy pubis have a number of similiarities in general structure, with a meaty bit between two less-meaty bits.
3. Both a hairy pubis and a good burger are quite juicy when munched.
4. In the context of this thread, "furger" is a burger made with fish. An unkempt hairy pubis might well also have a fishy sort of aroma to it.
5. :spergin:

you wrote this out i can't even :psyboom:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Desetr Eagle posted:

Also count me in as another that made a furger because of this thread and liked it

:whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

i am not emptyquoting this post

• Locked thread