Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like reading these profiles gives me a good idea of who my ex's future girlfriend will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

how me a frog posted:

These walls of text are really unsatisfying withouf pictures.

My appearance is a nefarious mask that cloaks my challenging personality that desires virtue in sum.

Looks and sounds like this woman I saw at this atheist speech I was dragged into attending.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What I’m doing with my life
Training

I’m really good at
Eating and sleeping. Talking about myself.

The first things people usually notice about me
My incredibly high power level.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I will eat anything as long as it helps with my training

I spend a lot of time thinking about
What I'm going to eat for lunch. The meaning of the life, universe, and everything.

You should message me if
You should message me if you also happen to have a high power level too. I am always looking for a challenge.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

Honestly I kind of like her profile. At least is shows some energy and creatively, which I'll take over the bog standard crap you see repeated over and over again any day. Really I think her fatness is working against her more than anything she wrote.

Are you kidding me? That sort of poo poo wouldn't pass even if she was actually hot. Unless you like people who are tryhard and forcibly quirky.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't think we have much of her type around my area because most of her style was new to me. Is this what hipsters are like? If she is typical of a certain group then that group is not represented very much in my area.

No, hipsters are much more socially aware.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary
I can be entirely wooed with words, and I can be turned off by them.

Playfulness, compassion, and intellect are sexy attributes, qualities I seek in a partner, and ones I offer.

By day I support community-based chronic disease self-management programs throughout New York State. It's a bit of a change from my last gig, supporting the families of hospitalized newborns, but I'm excited about it! I'm headed back to graduate school. I want to run a marathon the year I turn 40.

By night my superpowers include healing the wounds (real and imagined) of the eight-year-old set and balancing all the needs of those worlds that collide nearly single-handedly. Writing. Toying with music. Enjoying some combination of good food, friends, live music, beer/wine/scotch, cycling, and running, when that collision proves stressful.

I’m really good at
Being a friend. Being a lover. Being a mother. My work. Saying the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. I think the common thread in all of this is that I’m inherently a nurturer, and like to grow things. Gardening. Cooking. Writing. I was trained as a classical vocalist for a few years between high school and theatre studies in college (before I left to study journalism), so I can sing well. I can also recite my favorite passage of Shakespearian prose from start-to-finish with dramatic flair. I can also fence, fly fish, knit, weld (but haven’t used this skill in over 15 years), change a tire, perform CPR on a very small baby (or anyone else, for that matter) without freaking out, and navigate streets in Istanbul and Pamukkale (or anywhere else in the world) with a map. I know my way around Penn Station in NYC, but strangely not the Subway system, though I imagine that, too, could be deciphered with a map and patience. In a word, I think this makes me good in a crisis and generally capable.

That I can fall easily into conversation with just about any willing partner and that I have a nice voice. Too many people list a physical attribute here, and I’m assuming that you're capable of picking something physical for yourself.

Music: I was raised on showtunes (my father’s influence) and oldies (my mother’s influence) and by some stroke of luck (or perhaps my Vermont environs) I discovered classic rock and the blues. I’ve settled everywhere as a result and call no genre home. I’m currently involved in a passionate love affair with ZZ Ward that’s been going strong for a couple of years. She needs to put out another album. If you can turn me onto someone else, I’d be thrilled.

Shows: GoT, Masters of Sex, Star Trek: TNG, Nurse Jackie, Californication, House of Cards, The Newsroom, The Mindy Project, SNL, Daily Show, Louie, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men

Film: I was raised on classic film and love Hitchcock and Welles. I also think movies should be fun and don't have to delve into auteur theory unless necessary. --But I can rise to that. My only real intellectual film snobbery is that if I’m going to make the time investment to see something in a theater, I’d rather see something that looks like it’s more than the sum of situations the producers have strung together for the preview. Otherwise, I’d just as soon wait for Netflix or iTunes.

Food: I love food. All of it. Summer food! I've recently had to go gluten-free and I've been loving summer cooking. There are few things more indulgent to me than perfectly ripe, fresh summer tomatoes in a Caprese with a chilled summer wine on a hot night. Or a fantastic charcoal-grilled gorgonzola burger (I've found gluten-free rolls) and a *cold* beer.

On the Kindle “Nightstand": Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love - Maier, 2009.

Books (past favorites): The Ethical Slut - Easton and Hardy, 2009 (life-changing book, recommend!); Anything Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Ayn Rand, Tina Fey, George RR Martin, David L. Robbins. A lot of work-related non-fiction.

The six things I could never do without
(My awesome friends are not things, and neither is my daughter. Therefore they are exempted from this list, but are truly the people I cannot live without.)

Strong dark-roast coffee (iced in the summer)
The sensory experience of a great meal
My running gear
My iPhone
The sensory experience of fantastic sex
Stress management routine

How to get a decent night of sleep.

Whether "fun 5k runner's rage" is a real thing.

Why lots of men on OK Cupid think that I look like Laura Prepon in OITNB. (Sorry, Laura!)

My next run.

Whether to engage in the awkward conversation that usually commences after men timidly inform me that on OKCupid, "curvy" is a euphemism for overweight and/or obese and that I'd probably have better luck if I changed my body type to "average." To me "average" seems like an insult and I am, indeed "curvy." (I'm a Size 16 woman with hips and breasts.)

Why more men seemed more interested in me when I was openly "bisexual" than when I listed myself as "straight." I'll be interested to see what happens now that there's a "hetero-flexible" option, but I'm not sure what people seem to identify with that word. I've been essentially the same woman, regardless of the terminology.

On a typical Friday night I am
Home watching Airwolf (we've finished Gilmore Girls and Star Trek: TNG) with my almost eight-year-old daughter. If I’m lucky enough to have that particular night to myself, I can be found on a quest (solo or partnered) for adventure. I have very few free Friday nights to myself and I cherish them!

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
That I'm starting to come out of the closet about monogamy as a single woman. It will take a lot to get me to commit to a relationship in the future.

Note: This does not mean that I'm into threesomes.

You should message me if
You want to get to know a strong and compassionate woman who wants conversation (to start) and are willing to be patient and flexible with scheduling time to meet.

You've ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQduN315etk

I prefer to begin messaging back-and-forth a bit before meeting in person. I don't like to exchange phone numbers until after I meet someone in person. I appreciate it when people are candid with their wants/needs/desires and boundaries and attempt to offer the same because I think the dating world is a much friendlier/gentler place when we all do our best with offering this to one another.

Nirvikalpa fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 28, 2015

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary

I'm getting there,
Slowly but surely.
Every day is a journey.
I'm an L.A. native, SHOCKING!!!
I am a sex positive feminist.
My body is my canvas.
I've been told I'm "intense."
I've also been called a smart-rear end.
I find the brain to be one of the sexiest organs;
I also like "that's what she said" jokes.
I'm a master procrastinator.
I enjoy walking places.
My BA has absolutely nothing to do with my Masters.
I make really good comfort food (stew, mashed potatoes with onion and bacon, steak, breakfast food) , oh and I make mean peanut butter cookies
I'm a study in dichotomies, I'm equally into mindful meditation, hiking, and green juice as I am a good burger, napping, and terrible reality television.
I love random laundromat dance parties.
I love late night coffee when I know I should be sleeping.
I love hugs.
I love random texts to go have drinks.
I love dinners with my family.
INFJ/GGG

Gore Vidal once yelled at me that I should get cable...

Driving from one end of Los Angeles county to the other and saving the world!!!!

I’m really good at
Multitasking, ie watching Netflix and playing on my phone.

Tits or tattoos

Le Petit Prince forever and ever

I have broad and varied tastes in music, I wholeheartedly agree with Henry Rollins that "musical elitism is for lightweights"http://m.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/10/16/henry-rollins-musical-elitism-is-for-lightweights

Food is amazing, brunch is a favorite hobby.
I don't eat any seafood and don't try and convince me.

Caffeine
Cerebral conversations
Sex
My amazing friends
My amazing family
Work that challenges me

Goats...societal issues....coffee...sleep...the contrast of beauty and sadness in the world...food....napping.....tacos....how to procrastinate paperwork and not get in trouble.....what to watch next on Netflix....beer....French fries....

Drinking whiskey... sleeping...meeting new people.....working...eating gummi bears

I very much want a goat

You should message me if
I am at a point in my life where I love my life I have an amazing career, amazing friends, amazing family, and am emotionally stable. I have my poo poo together but enjoy my moments of irresponsibility, it keeps life interesting. I am smart and fun and can be an amazing companion. I am *very* open but still *very* selective

Talk with me some more and you'll find I'm all about honesty and making human connections.

Also if you live in Arizona, India, the uk, Rancho Cucamonga, etc etc etc I am *not* interested in you

The only exception to this is if you're French/Swiss/Belgian etc and want to be my French pen pal and help me practice

And to you 18-24 year olds... I'm flattered but not interested in fulfilling your fantasy of being with an older woman

Also as a note I'm not actually looking for casual sex, I just keep that category checked for the hilarity of the messages I receive.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Top City Homo posted:

where is the part where you are into cumswapping with your skellington boy toy and indian mongrel boyfriend?

I forgot, tee hee

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary
enneagram type 4, feminist 12 y/o boy, existentially terrified cat plodding thru life in a gangly human body

i have a v complicated relationship w my selfhood and my twitter is important to me: https://twitter.com/isabelligerent

idc abt ur myers-briggs

studying gender, women's, and sexuality studies and french while pondering my relationship to Academia

putting air quotes around everything

being a snake mom, playin uke and singing, doing improv, writing sometimes, being a friend, railing against The Man and mobilizing to Do Something abt it, trying,

I’m really good at
public crying, private crying, growing body hair, over-analyzing, being underwhelmed, being uncomfortable, making other people uncomfortable, losing time, self-loathing, dressing myself, getting children and cats to like me, making people laugh, making myself laugh

"i can't tell if she's a crazy cat lady or just really hipster" (real quote)
fear response
tentacles

books

currently reading: Fun Home (Alison Bechdel), Life on Mars (Tracy K. Smith), Jack Gilbert's collected poetry

read and enjoyed: Nevada, Watchmen, The Poisonwood Bible, Cat's Eye, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Margaret Atwood's dystopian stuff, Harry Potter, YA lit (The Giver, Wonder, When You Reach Me), Marge Piercy's poetry, Ray Bradbury's short stories

movies

recently watched and liked: Mad Max, Wild

would watch again: Bound, A Bittersweet Life, Thelma and Louise, Me and You and Everyone We Know, the new Batman trilogy, Lars and the Real Girl, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Spirited Away, Fargo, Up, X-Men, Chaos, Amour, Paris Je T'aime, The Room, Troll 2

shows

currently watching: Orange is the New Black, Community, American Horror Story

watched: Game of Thrones (maybe givin this up ?), Parks and Rec, Firefly, Dollhouse, Twin Peaks, Freaks and Geeks

music

more-or-less newly listening to: frankie cosmos, Alvvays, Lana Del Rey, Beirut, The Beach Boys, Sufjan Stevens, Phosphorescent

then-and-now listening to: The Mountain Goats, Baths, Perfume Genius, Gregory Alan Isakov, Phil Collins' Tarzan soundtrack, Josh Ritter, The National, The Tallest Man on Earth, Breathe Owl Breathe, Bon Iver, Frank Sinatra, Fleet Foxes, The Oh Hello's, Jónsi, A Day To Remember's cover of "Since U Been Gone"

food

currently eating a lot of: toast, bagels, onions

always wanting to eat a lot of: quiche, indian food, pasta, tarte de fromage, eggs, grilled cheese, string cheese, other forms of cheese, fresh veggies, breakfast anything, strawberries, coffee icecream, donuts, bread

cats, coffee, the ability to sing, the sun & stars, my winning sense of humor, alone time, prime numbers, words, empathy, small children, autonomy, loafers, crying, bad puns, semicolons, clickhole

if you put "air" in this section i hate you

inclusive feminism, privilege, aesthetics, my twitter, the aesthetic of my twitter, why do all boys not have long hair (i once cried about this), jokes, outfits, tiny beautiful things, what i would do if i were a sociopath, misogyny, social media presence vs "reality," self-representation, authenticity, how overwhelming it is to be a human in this world, dumb stuff i've done, The Future (in the abstract, not the Miranda July film), language and its nuance and power and futility, how to explain myself, myself

see also: enneagram poo poo, Mars One, serial killer branding, weird twitter (@Horse_ebooks 5ever)

recently talking about : the totalizing, inaccurate, and harmful "study abroad" narrative; sexual assault and mental health on college campuses; empathy and activism; my americanness and the importance of claiming instead of disavowing it

a plastic bag drifting in the wind

flaky, confused, incredibly inconsistent

~ i am not my okcupid profile ~

You should message me if
you still wear your retainers, you are tired but tentatively hopeful, you can make me laugh, you want to talk to me abt literally anything i mention on my profile, you are also a cat

sry but i will Literally Never respond to a message tht says ≤ "hi how are you" i am so cute and interesting pls don't waste my time 0:)

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

nah its snowflake garbage, only people who are too deep in all this gender stuff think like this. Normal boring straight people who aren't shitheads don't need this distinction explained at them, they just get bi = everyone.

Edit: also tl;Dr for 2 sentences are you kidding?

i knew a girl who insisted on telling everyone from her hick florida town that she was pansexual even though she was engaged to a guy and never had sex with a girl before. and then she complained about feeling oppressed.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My self-summary
Super sarcastic and super nerdy. When I'm not working, you can find me baking for no reason, drinking tequila, playing video games, hanging out in the woods with my dog, or watching bad horror movies. I don't play CoD or Halo. Currently a retail manager (for way too long), and a bartender for the Bengals (which I love). Eventually would like to have my own bartending service. Yes, I do have a Gyarados tattoo. And a Milotic tattoo, and a Triforce of Power tattoo. More to come.

Working/falling asleep in bushes/hiking

I’m really good at
I make good rear end margaritas and cake. And random Pokemon trivia. And I can bond with any animal. Like a modern day Snow White

Seafood/sushi
Croissants
Strawberry waffles
Watermelon
Burritos
Nachos
Salami

Stanley Kubric films
Hayao Miyazaki films
BlumHouse films
House of 1000 Corpses
Human Centipede
Moulin Rouge
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Black Swan
The Babadook

Tchaikovsky
Chopin
basic rear end pop music
Crab thoughts
Working! :D/D:

You should message me if
If you want to get rekt at Smash Bros, or eat sushi with me. Or both at the same time.

Also, not looking for a FWB deal, so no, I will not gently caress you. Even if you'd "drag your dick through glass" to be with me

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

If you want to really ponder something just remember kink people frequently are a bunch of nerds who went sex as a hobby instead of warhammer, that should paint the picture well enough. And like the LARP thing there is always least one super hot chick there.

Excellent post, thanks

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone tried catfishing before?

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

Yep. Thats about right

Apparently they raised $352 to change their legal name to Paint

https://www.youcaring.com/paint-presently-darla-fremmerlid-363633

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paco650 posted:

Approximately 0% of the Asian girls I know IRL enjoy anime or have even watched a non-Cartoon Network anime in the last decade or longer. The ones I find on OKC and other place that do enjoy it are insufferable nerd queen bees because weebs worship the ground they walk on and I bet it's hard to turn down that kind of unwavering adulation and deference.

What's a nerd queen bee?

lmao it sounds kinda cool but I wouldn't want to put up with the creeps

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Also known as a con queen, basically an unattractive woman who has hordes of pockmarked nerds bending to her every whim because she has tits and also watches anime, which is exactly what they think that they want.

It is a junction where cat ears and a shelf-boob corset combine

That sounds kind of appealing, though I'm a sperg but I'd never date a geeky guy. Nope. Sounds like a great way to get a couple of free dinners or gifts though. Where can I find these losers?

Aferisan posted:

I think you're years ahead of me in the online dating game and if that's what you say I'm probably going to defer to you. That said, its very difficult to meet single women if you're in a room filled with 95% men. IE Magic the Gathering Tournaments.

lmao all of the MtG tournaments I've been to were huge sausage fests. And they were small ones at the local game store, not the huge national ones

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Anime conventions, Twitch, and game stores. I mean, if you want to have dinner with a neckbeard with atrocious hygiene habits and a suspect interest in sonic the hedgehog then go for it I guess

Haha I've thought about being a twitch streamer but my Mac is too slow to stream and play at the same time, it seems ):

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

Based on my Comic-Con experience this year, the only restaurants these guys eat at is poo poo places like Buca di Beppo. Hope you enjoy all 5 pounds of pasta you'll receive.

I think Buca is fine. I'd rather have them donate directly to me tho.

revdrkevind posted:

You have vajeen? I help.

Yeah I tried running OBS and the game at the same time but it was way too slow. And I wasn't even streaming at the time.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Shilling nerds on Twitch for new computers is a time honoured tradition among young woman. You're not a true nerd queen until people start posting hate-filled rants on Youtube about you.

Godspeed.

Yes, I want to be a nerd queen. And I am a real sperg too! Yay.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Shilling nerds on Twitch for new computers is a time honoured tradition among young woman. You're not a true nerd queen until people start posting hate-filled rants on Youtube about you.

Godspeed.

I will shill Star Citizen for cash

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Needs more pics

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

insufficient guns posted:

To be fair, I created this account about 7/8 years ago, at which time I answered all the questions. I was a very different person back then, anti-social, anti-sex and an all around miserable git. Since I'm being shown matches based on those answers, I think it's safe to assume I'm seeing a disproportionate amount of weirdos.

Just curious, do you have a screencap of your "Personality" tab? Like the one that says, You might be more/less blah blah blah. Just wondering what kind of traits you need to have for Okc to match you up with so many weirdos.

• Locked thread