Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Noctone posted:

tinder seems kind of pointless when you can just go to a bar and do pretty much the same thing in a much more efficient fashion

pro-tip tho if someone comes up to you in a bar and you push them off to your left it doesn't go over very well

goons are either raging alcoholics but do it alone or, ugh, allergic to alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ThePriceIsRight posted:

so is 'down to chill' a classier way of saying dtf?

also wtf there is this belly dancer who says she works out every day (sunday-saturday) but she's definitely chubby. wat

brah did she just start?

I went on a date with a girl who turned out to be fatter than i thought and she'd just started to belly dance. a year later and i saw some of her pics online... RIDIC. She looks incredible now. so if your gal has just started... stick with her and you'll reap the rewards.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

only if you're a perma-stationary goon/goonette/troon

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

legit LOLed when i scrolled down and saw krusty

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Breetai posted:

So I got a message from out of the blue...

Well this looks promising. Hmm, no details on her profile, but she looks cute, might be worth a look, hey let's have a look at her answered questions...

Welp.

obviously shes a crazy racist!!!!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

I think dudes really don't get how much absolute garbage a lot of women get from online dating sites because this is dead on.

lol cool womyn can be as horrible as they like cos of garbage/pissbaby/garbagebaby/garbage people.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Coolie Ghost posted:

Was talking to someone for a while, we decided to hang out on a spur of the moment basis, seemed fun, y'know, i walked her over to my place

and while we were hanging out she called me a human being on three separate occasions, and then got mad over text that i didn't even shake her hand when i walked her back to where we met originally

hooooooly poo poo

lol maybe you were just being a human being 3 times?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

wtf (who the gently caress) willingly spends time with nerds lol

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

Seriously guys the central premise of the show is "bad things happen to the main characters and they deserve it because they are garbage people", what show are you all watching that qualifies an escapist fantasy

lol when is 'garbage people' gonna go out of twitter fashion cos its really annoying and also the main cast of seinfeld go to bat to each other constantly, they ar good characters and people who say they aren't are just parroting.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Lots of dumbass millenials in this thread that weren't even alive during Seinfeld's initial run dissing it. gently caress off.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

The okcuties for attractive people is way different than the okcuties for ugos and normies

they might be attractive but they're still using the internet to meet the opposite gender lmao

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

The series finale was literally everyone they'd wronged throughout the series testifying in court that they were bad evil people followed by them being found guilty and sent to jail; this is not an ambiguous message

They help each other out, sure, but when Jerry breaks up with a perfectly fine girl for a really frivolous reason you're not supposed to think "good job, Jerry, you stick to your standards and I'm sure the right girl is out there somewhere for you :)"

Also Curb is the same way, every episode is "Larry David pisses someone off and either it is entirely his fault or he makes it way worse because he is neurotic and can't let anything go"

serious Seinfeld discussion ITT

the last episode is really lame. It's also super unrealistic, like a couple of other episodes in the last season that take you out of it a bit. I can't take those episodes as seriously as other ones.

in your example you're not supposed to think that jerry is EVIL either, which is what sienfeld parroters would have you believe. You're meant to relate though - come on, have you never had second thoughts about a girl because of something ridiculous? The characters are just humans.

in curb LD is correct 99% of the time, that's what makes it good.

opus111 fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 1, 2015

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

naem posted:

Like start researching strollers and pre-schools now

you can get prams with USB chargers built into them now.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

EZipperelli posted:

Full Article

I remember him specifically working for the Yankees, and never seeing his boss' face, just the back of his head.

the real Steinbrenner did actually shoot a scene but they didn't include it.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

No, you're not supposed to think they're evil (although that is in fact what the other characters were testifying to in the finale :colbert:), but you are supposed to think they're kinda lovely and regularly make bad decisions for bad reasons which come back to bite them, and I have no idea how someone could parse that as "escapist fantasy for uggo nerds"

George isn't even a nerd for Christ's sake; he isn't smart and doesn't really have any interests as far as I can remember

lol George is a failed jock. They're just super normal people (outside of not drinking, ever - even Friends included alcohol sometimes), they don't really have hobbies; they just sort of loaf about loving up the little things.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

staberind posted:

To charge the pram? or using its movement to charge things?

That's an intelligent idea.

to charge devices off it. Its convenient for sure, its just one of those things that made me do a double take at how weird modern life is.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

no it's not, it's a stroller

actually its a pram.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

I'm still friends with my ex, and she's been playing the OKC field for the last couple weeks. We both rent rooms in the same house currently.

She goes out in the middle of the night, maybe 1am on Saturday, to go gently caress a stranger.

When she gets there, he's whiskey drunk to hell and back. She's willing to overlook that, and they settle in to listen to some music. Turns out they like similar stuff.

But when she tries to get the guy to listen to a band he's never heard, he actually tells her, "there's no possible way you could put on a better band right now. I'm actually doing you a favor here. Whatever you'd play, I'd just hate, and then I'd wind-up hating you."

She stormed out.

And that, goons, is how one torpedoes a late-night hookup, when the girl is DTF and already in your room.

People amaze me.

he was brave enough to say what we were all thinking.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Bimmi posted:

Who the gently caress goes out to dinner for a first date. Grab a drink or a coffee after work like a an adult you washouts.

ahaha what the hell is this ?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao every rejected man is a possible elliot rodgers shithead!!!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

also strange how women will be way more open about what they want when you aren't throwing the oblivious, possible fuckboy vibe out there. odd how obsessive dumbfucks get the fadeaway a lot more, huh?

nobody wants to deal with having to expressly reject a tedious and possibly abusive mouth-breather

brah, no goonette reading this is gonna shag you cos you're getting super mad on their behalf.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

trashdicks.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

Not that this isn't a great conversation but

spoken like someone who has never been to an actually good Italian restaurant and/or just doesn't know what to order there :colbert:

If you are at an Italian restaurant and being served a pile of noodles, one party has hosed up somehow

if somebody refers to pasta as 'noodles' you can pretty much disregard anything they have to say re: Italian cuisine.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i made italian food for a guy from ohio once (NOT a date) - i made the sauce from scratch and he called it 'ketchup'.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

SaltLick posted:

pasta is a noodle

welcome to the disregard list.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lol

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

Oh no not the correct term for a thing, anything but that.

a) its not the correct term and b) it makes you sound like an uncultured oaf.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

man nurse posted:

Actually most smart people get tested anytime before/after they have a new partner, rather than waiting to see if they think they're developing herpes or whatever.

lol what the hell?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

britishbornandbread posted:

I worked in an STI clinic for six years doing results admin and omfg if you don't get screened at least after every new partner then you're a monumental idiot.

99.99% of people don't do this, i don't know how this isn't a surprise.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I'm trying to imagine what NHS supplied condoms are like. tubes of sandpaper turned inside-out?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

toggle posted:

define "adventures"

not watching tv on netflix for a day because you went outside and did things.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

toggle posted:

brunch is an adventure, right?

every profile reads the same :ssh:

well yeah because if you need to go online to get a date you're probably one of about 3 stereotypes; all repellant either physically, mentally or both.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Scald posted:

We should expand our dating pool to the homeless, amirite?

word, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

every girl ive ever dated as been either insanely rich or at least waaaaaay richer than me. let 'em pay, i say.

• Locked thread