Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Link to the 16-0 fnatic vs luminosity please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Play real far away as CT, real fuckin close as T. Dont get armor.

Pistol Round Pro Tip: Plan for your inevitable pistol round loss by not buying anything, and instead use the $2200 to buy UMP/Nova + armor 2nd round.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

The spirit of mcvey lives on http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aWOzdvA_460sv.mp4

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Xenaero posted:

Alright boys steps aside time for a real caster man to step up

I'm goin to dreamhack

You lol sound like Mort from Family Guy. A+++ would listen to you cast.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

When posting your mouse sensitivity, please include your MM rank so we know whether or not to value your input TIA.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

i'm so consistently bad at every aspect of this game that I'm impossible to read for actually decent players

if this were a fighting game I'd be a button masher or the guy who only spams low kicks and fireballs

I made it to DMG by only buying p90 and jump spraying around corners or w+mouse1'ing every round. Never ecoing, if I cant afford a p90 I'll buy an ump or nova and do the same. Always rushing as ct, and playing the most unpredictable spots / attempting to flank every drat round. 90% of my kills are cheesed.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Kwilty posted:

Who cares Akumos made it to SMFC.

Well yeah cause Akumos was a Hackumos.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

What is this, left 4 dead? No loving chickens

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

But what is your rank? I cannot take any comments seriously unless I know that the poster is of of sufficient skill level.

Also that's pretty much my DPI :keke::respek::rolleyes:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Gold Nova 3.

Speaking of which, any idea how to escape Gold Nova limbo?

Use only the P90 and be smart about where you play. Force opponents to meet you at closer ranges than they would normally fight at. Use smokes and flashes to re-position yourself into the most annoying spots. Try to peek when your opponent is pushing or moving between cover. Also bind f to 'say' a poo poo-talk bind of your choosing, so you can hammer it within 100ms of killing your opponent.

Also learn the P90s spray pattern and learn how it reacts when you're running/jumping. If you can't get a 3k down dust 2 long without letting go of mouse1, then your just bad.

^^ This is all good advice.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Ixtlilton posted:

Alternatively, play like a bad LEM (me) and start spraying as soon as you finish your flick.

LEM today, MG1 tomorrow. Enjoy the new rank distribution, scrub.

It's ok, we are all scrubs. Just different levels of scrub

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Got drunk earlier and decided to play shotguns only MM. Deranked 3 times. Good times.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

So is anyone else still the same rank after valve hosed around with things? I guess that means I'm actually better than before the deranking, right?

Was DMG, got drunk and ended up at GN4, got back up to MG2 the next day. Who the gently caress knows.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Smol posted:

Who the hell has the time to play Counter-Strike. I'm not even halfway through with Fallout 4 yet.

Your just bad :colbert:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Sell it now, never have to top up your just bad account again this year!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

Here's a better idea. Cash it out for real money which you can use on real items IRL and not just dumb video game things.

Sounds like something a terrorist would say.

Edit: ^^^^ that too.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Alright cs thread I got one for you: say you could remove one weapon from the game. Which one would you pick?

P90. gently caress that lovely noob crutch and everyone who uses it.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

So gonna preface this by saying if you are a dick, or grossed about by birth defects don't click the link. I don't give a poo poo what you think.

I'm looking to upgrade my keyboard to mechanical, but based on my current WASD method I don't know if it will be too good of an idea.

To play I essentially do (it's a picture of a stump, full warning if you are squeamish) this with my left stump. I can move forwards, backwards, side to side by basically rocking back and forth, I don't put a huge amount of pressure on it. Would a mechanical keyboard be too "clicky" for me?

I was also considering a keypad, but the elevation I see probably wouldn't work.

Serious answer: Mechanicals are available with many variety of keys. They vary in terms of activation force. There are also 'clicky' and 'non-clicky' varieties. The most popular style is the Cherry MX range. My keyboard uses Cherry MX Black keys - which don't click and require a medium force (a bit more than a standard keyboard). I don't know what it's like to type with a stump, but a keyboard Cherry Black keys would probably be a good option, maybe go for Red keys which need an even lighter force.

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Blacks are kind of heavy, I'd use reds myself. I have browns currently but that's really just reds + some tactile thing that you don't really need. Maybe get blues if you want to hear the clicking sound

No you see what you need is some Super Blacks which are like 3 times stiffer than reds because gently caress your appendages.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

kalstrams posted:

Someone's mad. :kiddo:

The only people who use p90 are annoying shithead trolls who are unskilled in the fine art of counter-strike.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Ok everyone please post your rank, mouse sens, resolution, 360° inches, and Cherry MX key type

MX Reds, 2.2 @800dpi, 1440p 60hz, 13" 360, Distinguished Catshit Master

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

Something like 30 days, but afaik you don't lose your rank as much as it just hides your displayed one, I've always gotten my old rank back when winning my first match anyway

Kinda, yes. CSGO has MMR decay, so your rank will drop slowly over time if you don't play. When your rank 'disappears', it still remains but is hidden until you win another match, at which point the game will attempt to re-rank you based upon your MMR and that games outcome blah blah you know what I mean, I think. #whogivesashit

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

mcvey posted:

I don't think there is mmr decay unless they just added it.

I dunno I just googled 'csgo mmr decay' to check my privilege sources and reddit says it has MMR decay so thats enough evidence for me.

This is obviously fake, as the karma reads 'in good standing', not 'loving ban this guy already'

Edit: Lol season? I don't recall ever playing on season, which is a shame because it is one of my favourite maps.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

kalstrams posted:

Weirdly enough, there was similar personality in Starcraft 2, a disabled person very full of themselves. They did overplay their hand though, and mountain of negative PR, while still being a PR, did resolve the "issue" of their visible presence.

That's not a nice way to talk about IdrA.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

kalstrams posted:

Last time I checked back with IdrA he had hands.

i genuinely hope something bad happens to you

like you get cancer or something

It's a quote, I love you really

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really don't play much at all, but I'm starting to get into it again (I'm hot and cold with CSGO really).

Do you get waaaaay less experience for playing Deathmatch vs the actual regular mode? It's going to take me forever to get to rank 2. I enjoy deathmatch for now, since it helps me learn more about the guns and maps in a different way than regular would.

Or is my lack of experience only due to the fact that I suck and only get something like <10 kills per match?

Currently casual is 4x your score, demolition is 2.5x (used to be 4x, and it was great for ranking up as the rounds are generally shorter), deathmatch and arms race are something dumb like 0.1x so don't bother with them. Deathmatch is a good way to practice the game anyway, its a better tool than casual, but don't play it just to rank up.

The weekly bonus is around 3x your experience on top, so that 4x multiplier in casual is actually 16x while the bonus applies.

As it's all based on score, you will rank up faster for getting more kills, planting/defusing, etc. All I can suggest is "git gud, kid".

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

ya you don't even need a gamer headset because of the mic and it has so many hz you're basically getting a tan while you burn out your retinas, plus if you're doing badly you can degauss the screen to center yourself

New monitors these days are poo poo, they never seem to have this function. I dread to think how gaussed my monitors are after just a few months and with no way to degauss them I guess we're meant to just throw them away. Garbage.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Xenaero posted:

went from wavering between smfc and global to le in a single game vs a double digit hour smurf

That match was p. brutal.

Edit: 265 265

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

Only the most committed smurfs manage to end up in the low novas since it's actually really loving boring and time consuming to deliberately de-rank.

Apogee and I made it all the way to Silver 1. You need two friends when you get to the low silvers, as most players will try oo kick everyone else as often as possible.

I think Apogee went from LE to S1, then back to LE on on account, lol.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Katana Gomai posted:

Are there any EU goons playing around MG1 to MGE? I got two friends I play with regularly but we're always two short of a full stack.

Yeah, I float around the AK-based ranks and am on most evenings. I'm from the UK.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/xp67/

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Icept posted:

Had a really fun sub.io game on Season last night, took the liberty to upload one of the rounds here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyssI-R0Zzo

No idea how I got away with grabbing the bomb! Have a merry CS christmas.

I called the B lurk. When you have two guys watching bomb and neither is watching the bomb, poo poo like this is gonna happen.

Plus that nade at the end.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

:csgo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=optrHmPnXUY

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Just play glock/p200 or some other lovely gun only. It will give you good practice which you can then apply to eco rounds once you reach your original rank.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

My lovely headset finally died. I have a decent pair of HD25s which I can use, but need a mic. Are desktop mics less lovely these days? Can someone please recommend a desktop mic. I'm in the UK not the loving colonies so dont post links to your yankee doodle loving websites because gently caress you and merry christmas.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

That's what Daeno said and gently caress you Turk.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

This one looks good and is in my price range. Thanks!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Why would they run through smoke? Why would the other players pushing long not kill you?

On dust2 you're meant to smoke mid (every day), then rush lower with a mag7 to rekk scrubs who are pushing B, with the ultimate goal of getting a chance knife in there somehow as well.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

Are you an idiot?

P90 rush B no stop every round.

As CT? No, thats loving stupid. Thats a T start, bro

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

People getting angry in any deathmatch is hilarious and I make sure to goad them every time.

Im currently getting my alt account up to rank 3. Deathmatching with a P90 sure does result in a lot of hatred :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

qhat posted:

It's also a CT strat, just replace 'B' with 'tunns'.

Well yeah. That's the strategy I mentioned. I just replace p90 with mag7 as the tight corridor lends itself to just as many kills achieved, and the mag7 kills carry a higher kill reward.

• Locked thread