Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

bpower posted:

Are you using LoungeDestroyer chrome extension? Works really well.

Has nothing to do with it, Steam sends you an email in order to confirm a trade, except that didn't work last night. Steam acknowledged the issue in a tweet today, no idea if they fixed it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Some notorious botter/match fixer called Stormberg tried to get a small clan to throw a match for him and well...

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2vixor/onlinebots_statement/ posted:

Hello,

We never had the intention to throw the match against Imperial Dragons, it was never even considered. Stormberg approached us and offered to throw the match for skins(1800$). He gave me 30$ in skins to show that he is serious. I talked to my teammates and we decided to screw him over by making him pay us up front and still winning the match. He agreed to pay us roughly 300$ up front. Thats exactly what happened, he payed 3 of us 67$ and 97$ to me in skins upfront and got instantly blocked and removed from our friends list.

The match: Knowing that he indeed is betting on the match we went into the game super-confident, knowing that losing is not an option. We did gently caress up the veto though, thinking it was ban ban pick, we banned overpass and wanted to ban season and then pick a map that was favorable for us, but instead we picked season. Admin said we couldn't redo the veto and later added, that we could redo it if the enemy agreed to it - they didn't.

For clarification: OnlineBOTS does not encourage matchfixing and people like stormberg are bad for competitive scene as whole.
Nuga never accepted anything from Stormberg, he has always had a sick inventory. PROOF: http://puu.sh/fLN2N/663e3ec2f9.jpg

edit// Proof of trade: http://puu.sh/fLRkL/1e1061301b.jpg

edit2// We talked with CSGOLounge and they found enough proof that they confirmed the match and items will be drafted.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2vj5ky/as_i_predicted_all_of_stormbergs_accounts_are/ posted:

OnlineBots decided to take Stormberg's bribe but still win the game, so Stormberg lost $24,000.00 on that game and now Lounge is banning all of his accounts so he loses anything in his returns and so on. So that means he lost at least $24k and probably is going to lose a lot more, upwards of up to maybe 50 or more grand.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

lmao if that's all true

https://twitter.com/csgolounge/status/565494506607611904

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

henne posted:

Why do people do complicated lineups for smoke instead of doing a bind toggle for cl_showpos and just getting the numbers right? Instead of remembering a complicated "stand on this oddly colored spot on the ground, line up this edge and this tree branch you just stand at x=147.49 y=1.734 angle = 123 elevation =67 or w/e and its perfect every time?

Hm I wonder which of these is easier to remember

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Some Dota couriers go for the same amount of money so I don't understand why you guys are so surprised. People loving love their cosmetics.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Apparition posted:

you're a human being

:gb2gbs:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Crain posted:

I got up far too early to watch Titan lose like this. loving hell, why did I choose this game to be the first I bet on?

Why would you bet on a loving 1.08:1 return in the first place? I put a lovely 15 cent skin on PiTER at 12:1 and I'm having a blast. Quad OT holy poo poo

*edit: lmao Kenny called gg at 27-24 by accident

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 14, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Crain posted:

Because I don't know what I'm doing and saw a guaranteed win with Titan so I was going to test it out. I only have like .13 on it. Really just trying to figure the bet system out. But I'm still getting into it.

Also yeah, this is a great game.

Well as you just learned, almost any (pro) team can beat another in a BO1 game so betting on the underdog is +ev in the long run. Also, if all you bet is a 13 cent skin there's a good chance you won't get anything in return since you "won" 1.1 cents and there are no skins cheap enough in the prize pool.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Won all my bets except for the PiTER joke bet vs. Titan so far. ez skins

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Crain posted:

hoping for a liquid upset.

same

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ugh gently caress me that was heartbreaking.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm a gamer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

CancerStick posted:

why am i watching a spanish stream of Team Liquid. Why isn't this on the main stream.

Am I missing a stream somewhere?

The games overlapped. Also glad I bet on Wolves this time. :cool:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

CancerStick posted:

They overlapped, but the entire second half was after the end of the LGB game

I guess. Those Spanish casters own though, so I didn't mind.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

not that ive noticed

trap sprung

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Photex posted:

thanks for the skins dignitas fanboiz

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

OK so do we think Kabum has an actual chance vs. Dignitas?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Betting on 3dMax even though I am German and would really like Mouz to make it. Always bet on the underdog in a BO1.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Photex posted:

RIP Skins on Mouz

Katana Gomai posted:

Betting on 3dMax even though I am German and would really like Mouz to make it. Always bet on the underdog in a BO1.

I also bet on Kabum :smug:

*edit: Penta are the cooler German team anyways

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

There is supposed to be a Virtus Pro - Fnatic BO3 going on in some minor tournament (with Envy - NiP later) but they had to stop because the casters are getting DDoSed. Next level griefing.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

DareToSlack posted:

You don't get stattraks from tradeup contracts. You get a random item of the next highest rarity from one of the collections that you put in. 10 Nova antiques will give you a 50-50 shot at an AWP Asiimov, and it's why they're so expensive.

How does it work if you use skins from different collections? If I have 1 skin from one and 9 from another, I'd have a 10/90% shot at getting the respective collection?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

And then someone on your team abandons after 4 rounds, BOT Jack keeps buying random guns and running up mid and you lose 16-8. And then you get downranked.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Jeza posted:

They could introduce a low priority queue system like the one in DotA, and on top of that decrease the MMR loss/gain from the match that had an abandon (if the team with an abandon loses.) Still, current system isn't too bad. Only had one abandon in like 20 games, and he got a 7 day cooldown for it.

I'm still in silver and from my last 10 games, 8 had an abandon. I don't doubt that it becomes less of an issue the higher you go but to most people who just started playing CS:GO, a match which finishes 5v5 is the exception, not the norm.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Skuto posted:

Not sure. You could still bail if it goes 5-0 and then there's the issue of maps like nuke etc.

Well the person who abandons obviously gets a loss, it's the other 4 we're talking about. For groups, if one person abandons, everyone who queued with them gets the loss.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

NiP v. fnatic BO3 starting now http://www.hitbox.tv/efragtv

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

kcer posted:

VP 28%? That's a nice bet.

This. Hell, CW at 12% is good for bunch of 5 cent skins, too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

There are a total of six options and the numbers are right above wasd, why would you use the numpad lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ESL One Cologne 2015 will be in an arena which seats 15,000.

I live 10 minutes from the venue. Gamescom last year was nice (although it was practically impossible to get a seat) but this will be insane. I am so hyped.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Anyone who "invests" in hats going contraband is dumb and deserves to lose their money.

I didn't see it early enough to get in this time, but last time ("death comes" or whatever) I bought some right after it was posted on reddit and sold them a few hours later.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Whole you're watching this, NIP managed to throw away a 12-1 lead over fnatic on Mirage and the game is currently in overtime.

Of course I bet on NIP.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Suran37 posted:

Never ever bet on NiP.

I always bet on the underdog in BO1s so it's not like I don't expect to lose...but gently caress me, they went up 12-1 on T-side, they even had it at 15-11 later. Lost in overtime of course.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

You still didn't answer the bed question!!!!!

didn't he?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm dying, holy poo poo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

illezt posted:

And people generally get friendlier when you talk to them and joke with them, instead of being passive aggressive FWIW.

Take your own advice.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

aborn posted:

What does everyone's Katowice sticker bets look like? I have:

Fnatic over Navi
Vox over F3 (shaky)
NV over Penta
Titan over LGB
NiP over HR
CL over Keyd
VP over TSM
C9 over 3DMax (shaky)

I got $16 over digital stickers

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Get a goon to buy you the skins you want and just paypal him/her the cost of it.

Can't trade for a week lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

someone make another thread for you guys to smurf post in so you don't ruin your posting rank ITT

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Tobiwan is going to cast Flipsid3 - HellRaisers in a few minutes, time to pack it up boys, we had a good run.

*edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2w2z6u/tobiwan_requesting_assistance/ lol

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 6, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Those are neat, I hope they're doing something like this for Cologne, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

a skull with a camo background is a thing that people will instantly recognize as being from the map de_dust2

For some reason that's the official map emblem, I don't know when they added those to the game but they've been there for a while.

• Locked thread