Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

what the gently caress is semmler wearing..

I think he's literally wearing the same thing as the pixel man in the picture behind him

Wait is that his avatar

What is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Kwilty posted:

Re-read, we wouldn't allow for selecting the players on the team just so we don't have 1-2 stacked teams, but rather have fairly equal playing field.

Seems like a fun idea but it'd probably kinda suck to organize so I'm not volunteering. Perhaps have captains and draft teams like normal except there would be say 4 teams instead of 2. And obviously let's bet on the matches.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

ok so we would either need 4 or 6 teams. a tournament with 4 teams doesn't seem that fun, and 6 seems like too many. if we try to do it with 4 players, we will need 20 people who can commit to specific times for matches etc.

is this something worth planning? bust out the google doc spreadsheet?

Based on the number of players playing on the servers lately, I think we might be surprised by how many would sign up...someone create a sign-up and see what happens?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

RipDouglas posted:

You could let people sign up in their own pre-made teams and also have a separate area for people trying to form teams/free agents to help them get more teams going. I'd say low chance of this playing out at all with random or some sort of skill averaging drafted teams.

Well it wouldn't be random, captains would choose teams draft-style. You could choose to pick players you get along with/play well with as captain. I'm 100% sure if we choose our own teams there will be 1-2 teams max that actually have any chance at winning, and they'd stomp every other team then just play each other to see who wins. I'm not sure that's very interesting/good/fun. I'd contribute to a "prize pool" as well as long as it isn't superteam vs. all.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

RipDouglas posted:

Cause that works in goonmans.

Do you think that "Doug chooses 4 players, then the leftovers join the other team" would provide a more enjoyable experience?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Vaah posted:

I go and take a shower before Kabum/Dig. I come back to this. RIP.

we thought dignitas had a really strong inferno t side, but it turns out both dignitas and vox are both just really bad at inferno

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Hahahh good lord Summit is 43-19 against elevate on mirage right now and it just went to OT anyway. When did summit get good again?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

JAssassin posted:

Also, I have a replay here that I'd like some advice on. I never played Facade very much, and so I feel like not only was my shooting bad, but the general decision making was pretty poor. I'm vocal so I end up making a lot of the calls, but a lot of them are based on gut feelings rather than actual game sense. Most of the time I'm calling poo poo like "Let's go B? I dunno". Anyone want to take a peek at that replay and give me some tips in general/for Facade?

Nobody (who is any good) plays facade ever so I don't think you're going to get much helpful criticism from a facade demo, maybe post one from a more common map?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
That's got to be in the top 3 amazing play + idiotic opponent combos I've ever seen, and on the 29th round no less to win the match

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

kcer posted:

I've said this to a few people on steam for a while, but pro players make some baffling decisions. Why would Hunden choose to watch kitchen for so long when his team mate is at bench?

I don't think he looked down apartments toward underpass once from the time pasha got the kill in window until the time he got shot in the back of the head and I can not think of a single reason why

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
ScreaM is the worst caster

Excitement level 1/10
Insight 0/10
Accent 0/10
Hair 9/10

Favorite phrases "Let's see what happens," "They had the best setup"

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 25, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Crain posted:

When I first got CSGO it made no sense to me because I had no clue about how recoil worked. Why walk? Who cares? Reality that's who. Also I usually put crouch on shift. So I just swapped crouch to shift and never rebound walk.

you mean sound?

....wait do you think it's ok to walk while shooting?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Crain posted:

I try to stop and shoot most of the time in all seriousness but I thought walking does reduce some weapon spray...

Walking will never help your accuracy. If you're firing an SMG that doesn't have much movement penalty, running while shooting is better than walking because it makes it harder for the enemy to hit you. Walking doesn't make your spray any more accurate over running. If you're firing a rifle, you want to be perfectly still while firing. Walking or running will hurt your accuracy equally. Crouching has a small positive impact on accuracy for some weapons, but for the most part crouching doesn't help either.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

ArfJason posted:

nuke sucks so loving much its astounding noone realized this during the 12+ years of its existence

Nuke is actually really cool if you like doing things other than running around and clicking; it's amazing to watch a really good nuke team play the CT side. The rotations are so fluid and dynamic due to the sites being right on top of one another. It does need to be opened up a little for the T side though because losing the T-side pistol round really shouldn't doom you to the extent that it does on nuke currently.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

For the other betters in here, what's the best way to offload the endless amounts of junk skins you get with your winnings? I'm talking about like all the 50 cent pieces that are too small to put on your safe bets, but might be too big to throw away on underdog bets. Just unload onto the market? I haven't found it worthwhile trying to trade several smaller worth items for a single larger worth one.

I think the obvious answer here is just accumulate them and then start making bigger bets once you have a large enough pool

Or just sell them on the marketplace, you're going to lose a ton of value on trade-ups

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Fauxshiz posted:

Yo hiko go change your blazer thanks.

Hiko is wearing what my colorblind grandfather would have worn to a wedding in the 70s...it's also way too big which is confusing to me since hiko is gigantic

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
olof 24-6 hahaha does Na'Vi even count as a pro team anymore?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

down with slavery posted:

there's no variance worth mentioning in cs:go, hth

Literally the biggest troll statement you've ever made. Pistol round alone is a huge source of variance and surely you'll admit that the winner of pistol round does not come down to whichever team is more skilled, there's a ton of randomness with pistols in this game. The best team does not always win a BO1. The best team doesn't always win a BO3 either, but it's a hell of a lot better a measure.

FWIW I think that the group stages are okay as-is, there aren't enough elite-tier teams in CSGO to justify spending more time on it. Most often the teams that deserve to make it through to playoffs do make it, and the teams that don't deserve it don't make it. If all 16 teams were closer in terms of skill it'd be a problem, but I don't think anyone's making an argument that Titan got snubbed.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 12, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

down with slavery posted:

put it this way, put titan against a random mm team of DMGs, they play 10 pistol rounds, who do you think wins more? how many "random" wins do you think a poo poo team can pull off exactly?

Except that's not the question; that's a stupid comparison. The real question is how many pistol rounds will Vox Eminor take off of fnatic? Fnatic is quite obviously the better team, but will they win a number of pistol rounds equal to the skill gap between the two teams? Will they win the same percentage of pistol rounds as they will gun rounds? I don't think so. Most pros don't think so.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
CLG about to run it back from down 13-2 on nuke

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Waltchelg posted:

it's time for CLG to beat NIP. Dreams can come true can't they??

It isn't too hard to envision a world in which 2 NA teams make the playoffs of this major...

quote this later when neither do

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
C9 getting some ideas about running it back from down 13-2 on nuke as well

U-S-A U-S-A

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mistermojo posted:

We did it boys

meanwhile, on the main stage...

e: LGB beat PENTA 16-3 on D2 and then just a few hours later lost to PENTA on the same map 12-16. No variance in CS though.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 12, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

also where are you all getting this navi could upset NV poo poo from? nv is going to shut navi down. guardian can't carry that hard.

or can he

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

navi are also the anti-dignitas/tsm in that the harder the opponent, the better they seem to play

cobblestone though

unless NV put a ton of work into cbble over the past two weeks or so it's one of their weakest maps

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
HAHAHA flusha that nade

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

nftyw posted:

I linked my account and watched the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo and that's how I got my drop. I also did the same thing last event and got nothing, and from what I'm hearing from some of the watchers it's not uncommon to go through a whole event and get nothing.

It's actually extremely uncommon to get a drop; I think typically they drop a few hundred each time they do drops. With 200-300k viewing most of the time your odds are pretty terrible.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
whaaaaaaaaaaattttt is happening in this game right now

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
ptr getting high fives like he did something

e: I love when teams try to outsmart each other and get cute with picks and end up winning each others map picks

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 13, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

teagone posted:

Damnit, I got too drunk last night and slept in and missed the NiP/TSM match. Did NiP just steamroll them?

No, NiP won big on d2, then TSM won big on inferno, then NiP lost 6 on CT nuke and went to 12-12 before winning 16-12

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Ron posted:

fnatic needs to 2 - 0 them if they want to win, they have no chance vs VP on overpass, rip my skins (?)

What? This is wrong, fnatic is pretty good at overpass. If anything I'd say the map picks favor fnatic by a good amount.

This crowd loving owns though so I have my bet on VP

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Ron posted:

VP are insanely good on overpass though

but REKT9MEISTER <3

They are? They just lost to KeyD on it yesterday, a team who was literally asking other teams for tips on overpass right before the match because they didn't feel comfortable playing it.

e: fnatic are playing T side cbble like goons do, wtf, stop just sitting up there on that ledge

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 14, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

i'm filling in for mcvey with the reddit report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHGp00ukt28

I love allu's accent, he looks/sounds like such an oaf

What makes it better is that they all order him around and say things like "nice job allu!!!" on their comms

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Yesterday I had a teammate saving an auto B doors when the bomb was planted A. I told him "I think you are going to die there" and he disagreed. Sure enough the bomb killed him and he got really mad at me.

uhhhh no he was right, if he died it's because someone killed him and you probably should have shut up so that he could hear them coming

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I figured that's what you must have meant. For your information people will assume you're talking about D2 if you don't mention something map specific

Well D2 is also the only map with a callout "B doors" so yeah of course if you say "at B doors" everyone will think you're talking about D2.

nuke B site has 2 sets of doors so you have to be more specific. Anyway nuke is ridiculous and you die from pretty much everywhere when the bomb blows up at either site unless you're able to run really far away or to the back of the ramp room.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

FetalDave posted:

This depends on what rank that guy who left the silver team was. I'm guessing he was GE/SMFC or something.

I think it's healthy to play a game like this every once in a while; reminds you how poo poo you really are at this game. This goes for people at any level except the top one.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mcvey posted:

Good Guy Minineo

A True American Hero

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Just when I thought TSM couldn't possibly choke any harder, they blow a 14-3 lead. Unreal.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

All the videos on this page have inspired me to make a quick faceit.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3CtlQA3ODI

make your video unlisted, not private

or public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's probably because I'm sadistic and retarded, but I miss arriving on spot just to discover you forgot to buy any spare ammo for your rifle.

I still reload my gun at the end of each round.

Looking back, it's so stupid that the game used to make you buy ammo. It was so cheap it was just an exercise in tedium 99% of the time, and the other 1% it was "oh gently caress I didn't know I was THAT poor"

• Locked thread