Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
So my cfg got deleted and now I don't remember what mouse speed to use. Hmm. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Pretty sure I have binds for the entire right side of my keyboard. Everything past H has some sort of poo poo to say

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

True and Real posted:

Do you still have to put that poo poo in autoexec

Huh? bind p "say Goku"

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Alighieri posted:

this is just one page of the dudes inventory

he has basically one of every skin in each knife type

people are hosed up

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
you could outright buy a car with that inventory

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Fat Lou posted:

I want to point out that Dave, at one time, was one of the best AWPers on the server.

How do you strafe right if you need to crouch/walk/talk

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

astr0man posted:

Or you could just play on a community 5v5 comp server.

I dunno....Goonman makes me play worse..It's fun yea but..

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

That all being said, wtf is with this ranking system? I can't find anything that actually says *how* it works. What is it based off of, average score per winning round or something?

Takes into account only the amount of wins/loss you have against the opposing team. From what I remember there is a match end number that it predicts you'll hit and if you're way below it, it tanks your rank score a bit, if you're well above it, it pushes it up a fair amount.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Damage to CLIFFRACER 0 in 140 missed shots

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

LEt them come. I'll practice noscoping through doors irl

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I've mouse bought for the last 10 years and honestly that is why my aim is so good

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Quick question for fellow mousers, do you palm or claw grip when you buy?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Think a big thing people need to realize is you gotta call everything you see/hear. If you hear something, look at minimap for half a second and call if you don't see a blue dot near you. Call when someone shoots you from where. Call how many. call everything

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

JacksonAces posted:

And if your whole team only speaks Russian?

I mean, I still call everything, though I doubt they understand me.

russian: (adeen, dva, tri, (pro. tree, rolled r) chetiri (rolled r), pyat)cyka (pro. Sookah) blyat (pro. bl-yet)(ivy, crow, a, b) tovarisch (toe-va-rish, rolled r)

serbian: (jedan (pro. yeh-dan), dva, tri(pro. tree, rolled r), chetiri (rolled r), pet (pro. payt)) (ivy, crow, a, b) bre (rolled r)

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 19, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
The only good thing I ever got was a red laminate AK when they first came out like 2 years ago.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Unbound posted:

Why did they forfeit?

Heard some goon brought a gun to the event and casually popped some shots into the air, hosed up

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

What the hell is a smurf,

an excuse

Also thanks to turk systane and everyone at lan for spreading the good vibes gospel

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 23, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Last two alive: Me and a 25-3 guy with CSGO being the only game on his account. We're both snipers with 45 seconds left, but I don't know what the right strategy for, like, actually killing him is.

"Yes! No! No no fuuuuck :suicide:" is probably not it.

It's based on situation mostly but once you hit him and then got him behind the box you shouldn't have kept peeking him. He had to readjust and he's probably going to pre-aim long to cover a good portion of the far side and keep an ear open for a push. You had him behind a box, and knowing its 1v1, you could just work up the side of the wall while aiming the most likely place you'd believe he would be to peek out from. Better chance of that than stepping into a place he's most likely aiming right at. He has advantage in that way.

But in different situations, say you're behind a box or column and can peek out clearly from the left or right side with not much obstruction. In that case if you realllly wan to peek someone it's best imo to peek once, wait literally a whole 2-3 seconds, or estimate the amount of time it would take to run from one end of the cover to the other to do another, different angled peek, and then jump out and peek from the same peek spot. Lotta players do a pattern of peeking from one side and then running to the other than repeeking with a good delay between peeks. If you miss the 2 peeks, you can basically just chill behind cover and check potential flank spots or w/e and wait and repeek and so on. You gotta play with people once they're surprised like how you got the dude behind the box.

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 8, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Gristley Bear posted:

you can awp through platbox. shoulda just shot him in the head while he was crouched there

Naw, he has a scout though

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I didn't even bother watching it because he turns me into my av in about 5 seconds

same

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Crain posted:

No, but I'll stab you with my scalpel.

you have a lot of cum on your keyboard

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I saw that, I recognized it from a website where someone got a bunch of bots to shoot at a target, recorded where they hit, and did a regression to find out the average spot of the nth bullet's hit. Nerdy poo poo

that nerdy poo poo was made by my GOOD friend slime. His dad talks about me at dinner im not kidding

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Couple grand goneeee

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Time to post the relevant counter strike movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v13ULdhp9JM

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Yall literally never had a situation where a bot was a way better solution than having some poo poo bitch on your team?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yes, usually a bot is better than your bottom player, but sometimes bots do completely ignore commands and run to their death, sometimes carrying the bomb and escaping into the center of A site before anyone can grab it from them.

It is not a good thing.

Replace bot with "Anything under Double AK" and its basically the same

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

real dilemma posted:

Most of the time in MM I'm the one who has to try to open up the defense trying to get an aggressive pick so if I die with the bomb while doing that it's really bad. But everyone else just drops the bomb also and then they stand in spawn next to it. So my options are:

1. Carry the bomb, if I die get yelled at for dying with the bomb in a place we can't easily recover it
2. Drop the bomb onto a teammate in spawn, who will immediately drop it somewhere else most of the time
3. Carry the bomb and drop it outside the place where I'm trying to make an entry. Usually I go with this one, but often still nobody picks it up even though they come through the same way after I've opened it up and I get yelled at for dropping the bomb.

Really there's no way to win unless I ace the other team.

Just don't lead with bomb. If you wanna pick/lead with bomb and still want bomb, toss it in a corner, peek, go back for bomb. I lose all vibes when people lead with bomb and then die dropping the bomb in the middle of like 3 ct's

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Please add and message me to play Rust either add nevynevnev06 or Slumpy and look for the green skull

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

This is why I don't play much anymore

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Message me on steam if you wanna play casual or some poo poo cuz' I'm stuck in Private Rank 2 Hell and I can't play MM yet....I'M COMIN' OUT OF RETIREMENT...

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Just match make...I don't get it...

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
In my day we flash boosted every round on nuke

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Pretty sure I'm the best loving player in the world if I get an awp in my hands

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I practice my 180's by hearing the distinctive awp buy noise and twitch grabbing it in mid air

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
How to prefire: Buy negev, sit on a corner, start shooting at nothing in particular, wait literally 3 full seconds to take a breath while still firing, check the map and time while firing continuously, round the corner, win the game

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
As the cult leader of the church of Good Vibes, I wish to have a deag league soon

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
If you guys want, I'll give you a good discount on coaching. Bout 20 an hour to learn the tricks of the trade, maybe show you 'round train. Extra 5 a month and you can join me on a CSGO Skype think tank with a lot of other pro players and special guests, gonna be great.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

no_funeral posted:

im being played by counter strike

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Xen will come back when a new Judge Dredd is released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Dongicus posted:

Do you think adding suppressor durability to the m4s would be a cool idea?

Whats your durability? I wanna see how easily I can stomp you into nothing

• Locked thread