Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fryhtaning posted:

I kinda wish FE:A had some lower-level grinding available in the beginning, because I'd love to find out just how good Donnel really is. I've given him all the stat-boosting items I've found so far, and even with Chrom supporting him he gets one-shot on Hard difficulty. Or if I try to whittle guys down to 3 HP so he can switch out from whoever he's supporting for the finishing blow, I'll end up losing the map or getting someone else killed while screwing around. He still sucks at level 7, and honestly, I've seen other characters getting more stat boosts per level than him on a regular basis. Does he just explode when he hits his class change or something?

Change him out of peasant as soon as he hits level 10 and you have a second seal. Take him into Mercenary, and then into Hero. His absurd growths and the stellar skills from those two classes make him essentially the single best first-gen character, an unstoppable engine of destruction. The only first gen who can even compete with him is Avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

tithin posted:

Has anyone used this guide before to setup their streetpass relay? I can't seem to get it to work.

http://wololo.net/2014/07/17/3ds-meet-players-on-streetpass-without-buying-any-hardware-by-psgravity/

Little late, but:

I've got it working with a Sanoxy wireless repeater, but the tutorial I found showed it working in AP mode, which I cannot duplicate. I can have it work in wireless repeater mode, but that absolutely murders my bandwidth no matter which one I connect to.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

My homepass setup stopped working over the weekend for no apparent reason, and I cannot get it running again.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Variable_H posted:

How can someone own a 3DS, made by Japanese toy company Nintendo, and not expect a large amount of anime?

Because it's not Vita?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Makes sense, pikachu loving loves ketchup. I'd be surprised if this is the first such deal, really.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Getsuya posted:

My brother just got a 3DS and is trying to pick out a few games/figure out which forthcoming games he should pre-order or be excited for. He really likes RPGs with a heavy emphasis on grinding.

Go back to the DS and grab a copy of Disgaea DS.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

This is not true in Devil Survivor.

What IS true is that levels get significantly more difficult to gain the more of them a demon has already gained, and fusing a new demon resets that counter, so your new demons will level up faster. Use your compendium to bring out demons specifically for fusion in order to negate weaknesses, and you'll go further.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is 7.50 in the 3DS shop.

For a 3DS launch title it's a pretty good Fire Emblem type RTS game. Definitely worth the cash.

neither GRSW or fire emblem are RTS. It's worth the cash, though!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

So then you raise your Bravery and do it anyway.

Good old TWEWY', the story of a scarred kid who learns to open up to others while chugging incredible amounts of ice cream so that he'll fit into a skirt.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Ice cream? Please, it's all about the ginseng roots or whatever they were. And pills.

Cordyceps. The crazy mind controlling fungus that now has its own weekly tv drama.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Seiyal posted:

Speaking of, I'm getting the itch to replay this again but I've never owned the cart for it. I've also kind of regretted not picking up Radiant Historia as well but it seems I have a dilemma here. There's remakes out for both, correct? I can get both of the originals in a nearby store but is there a reason to try for the remakes over those instead?

Also, a bit of a random question but once EO6(?) comes out, that's the last confirmed ATLUS game for 3DS, correct? (unless e3 has some stuff up its sleeves)

The remake of Radiant Historia adds a new ending and probably some new plot and qol stuff.

The remake of Strange Journey adds a metric fuckton of QoL improvements and a bit of bonus content. Do not, under any circumstances, get the old version, unless you are a glutton for tedium.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

SMT:Devil Survivor is on sale. How is that if I liked SMT IV but never beat the minotaur on account of that game being stupid hard?

Devil survivor is a very different game, closer to fire emblem in gameplay.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, Nintendo was horrible at marketing it. I remember even someone like me who’s always plugged in was confused at first. I remember they didn’t even show the actual console at first for a bit.

I feel like more people are starting to realize how neat it actually could be, especially hacked. As we hit the 10 year anniversary (Jesus Christ) I think it’s gonna get rediscovered a bit.

This is basically The Nintendo Pattern though? There's a giant history now of nintendo poo poo being 20 years too early, coming back with better ideas and tech, and suddenly it's hot poo poo. Don't ever count a "failed" nintendo idea out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

tango alpha delta posted:

Dumping my physical DS cartridges is astonishingly simple. Did you know that The World Ends With You is only 128 Megabytes? That’s some serious optimization.

Most of that is probably mp3s, too.