Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Is Majora3DS not in the OP because it's no brainer to buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Wonder if they'll allow you to sync' with a single amiibo you already own, so you don't have to take a figurine with you if you travel at all, or if they'll be a unique file.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Vinlaen posted:

Are most people still comfortable using max 3D on the 3DS homescreens with the New 3DS? I'm finding that max 3D isn't comfortable, but about 35% is perfect and the super-stable 3D is impressive.

I just want to know if I'm defective.

Thanks.

Your eyes are not defective. Neither is your system. :shobon:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

This is what happens to people who don't follow the system transfer instructions to the letter and go on wild adventures inventing their own method.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Someone bought him a big red text but it looks like he changed it

Consider the budget on the beef jerky bonus for the bebbeiz <3 n3DS bounty busted.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Andrast posted:

Well, I probably won't be buying it then unless I can get it used and know that it already has a cleared game there. I just don't have any desire to play through the normal game first.

Bummer. The dungeon remixes are actually pretty fun and clever, or at least that's my 15+ year old memory of it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Artix posted:

Well that depends, do you think a find-replace on Switches -> Cows and time block puzzles are fun and clever? Because boy howdy did the Master Quest devs love them some time block puzzles.

Yea, I remember the teenage-me liking Master Quest's dungeons more than Windwaker's.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Eleeleth posted:

Quickest I've ever gone from 'OH poo poo' to 'oh... poo poo.'

Same. Ugh.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

RandomCheese posted:

I haven't started Link Between Worlds because the item rental and any-order dungeons sound dumb to me in the context of an "explore and find new poo poo to access previously blocked areas" RPG that the Zelda series has always traditionally been. Does it shake things up dramatically or is it still solid Zelda action?

I thought it was a solid Zelda game and worth playing. To me, the thing that's more annoying of a change is the regenerating item meter. Yeah, I don't have to farm items but that was never difficult, and sometimes I wanna drop a pile of bombs and spam arrows for no good reason.
The rental system is fine. You'll still find yourself wondering which items to use in a given dungeon as you progress. I guess it diminishes the treasure hunter aspect of it a bit? I guess? It's still a good game tho.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
That island game looks pretty neat.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

Its super fun, if you're a big dummy that bought a lot of amiibo cards.

Does it require a lot of them or something? I'm completely out of the loop with amiibo stuff, including the cards.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Oh I see. So you start with 3 cards so you can play, but then you need more cards. They all have unique abilities and different stats. Bummer.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
That nu3DS deal is pretty tempting since I don't have any portables on me that can play SNES games on the go and I have an old3DSXL currently.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

raditts posted:

The one disappointing thing about the SNES VC is that there is no download play (or any) multiplayer support for any of the games as far as I know. After they did that for SMB3, I thought they'd start doing it for all their games.

Sorry on the late reply, but thanks for letting me know! Fortunately, this isn't an issue that's too bad for me in this case. It definitely made me not buy MarioMaker3DS tho. The internet is the very heart and soul of that game... but for playing SMW and ALTTP it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna need that boxboy in a backwards cap and shades please and thanks.