Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

New 3DS loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

New 3DS owns and worthy of a new thread. Buy one today!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

incorporeal posted:

I'm trying. poo poo

If it makes you feel better I'm having a blast with Monster Hunter 4. The improved graphics are noticeably better. I had a circle pad pro for my XL than I will kinda miss but the nub is really easy to get used to.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol at anyone who owns the old 3DS

New 3ds is soooo good.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Owning a New 3DS while playing Monster Hunter 4 Status update:

Still owns. Buy one today!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Q: What if I want to buy the older 3DS? Should I do that instead?

A: lol

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Chrono Trigger is the best JRPG you can buy on any console, even if you hate anime!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

After playing MH4U for most of a day now I am really sad that I can't find a new 3dsxl anywhere in town, I need that camera control like yesterday :(

Just use the circle pad pro in the meantime. You should have already bought one for the previous monster hunter.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Nope, I had MH3U on the Wii U. (Still wish this one was on the Wii U, too.)

That sounds more like your fault for not owning it on both. Same with not reserving a new 3ds xl when you already new it was gonna own.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Everything is better about the new 3ds including the screens. Buy one today!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Well being an idiot doesn't seem to prevent you from posting!!! Haha owned.

This is a good post

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I have a vita that I don't know where it is or care. Sony platforms are just really bad this generation.

New 3DS face tracking is awesome. I have yet to turn on the 3D in Monster Hunter because it owns so hard!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cyron posted:

How hard is system transfer. I hear some horror stories about it.

How hard is watching TV while Nintendo does all the work?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

So the system transfer video and support guide aren't really clear on this (or I can't find the relevant details) - here's my current setup, and here's what I'm trying to do tonight when my N3DS shows up.
My current 3DS has the original SD card that it came with (4GB I think)
I have a 32GB micro card that I bought for my N3DS

Do I put the bigger card into the new 3DS before starting the system transfer?

Follow the video literally. Don't think about it and just follow it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

C Stick is great. Been playing monster hunter for hours without issue.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Potentially Stupid Question: Is there a way to transfer the data from an old SD card to a Micro SD card without a Micro SD card adapter? I'm at work and want to do the transfer here but my small adapter is at home.

Yes.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Okay, and how..? You need to drag and drop the data from the old SD card to the new one but I can't connect it to my laptop without the adapter.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I get this when I attempt to play plex video, any thoughts??

Play monster hunter

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Literally follow the video you idiots. It's designed so even a child can transfer data between children toys.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

"So should I stick the SD card up my butthole and jam the micro SD card in my piss hole during the transfer? The video that talks to me like a child wasn't very clear"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Yeah, I just went out and bought a WiiU. Thanks for the peer pressure, jerks :mad:

But all joking aside, I bought the 3DS because the whimsical games are really what I want a console for. I can play Battlefield and Planetside2 or whatever shooters on the PC I already have. I can't play Zelda or Mario on my desktop. My PS4 is basically going to go unused until Uncharted 4 comes out :sigh:

The PS4 is literally an underpowered PC except is has no games. Just sell it or throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

Glad to hear about the Wii U. Enjoy some of the best video games in existence that you can not purchase on any other device. :)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Etrips posted:

Also for router settings, I need to have WEP and not WPA correct?

Please don't ever use WEP

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sorry you are having trouble operating a toy made for children :(

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Yes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You can't really defend ripping your own cards for convenience/bag space when 90% of things are on the eShop (around zero percent for the Old DS) and there's no 3DS homebrew.

There is 3DS homebrew

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

no no no...please don't shake the console

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

interrodactyl posted:

Is there a way to do a system transfer to a N3DS without updating my old 3DS to the latest firmware?

No so say goodbye to hacking it

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Duro posted:

I can a see a few 3ds games that might interest me (platforming Mario games, Mario Golf, maybe Kid Icarus) but I mostly play Shooting Games, Sports Games, Racing Games, online Survival type games and Arcade/Twitch games usually.

lol you sound like a little bitch

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Duro posted:

now I just enjoy mindless garbage

You already said you play "online Survival type games".

Get a 3DS or go to hell.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

TheHouseofM posted:

I recently bought a Nintendo Club code for a game off of eBay. The seller sent me the code and it asking me to promptly leave positive feedback after I've downloaded it. I decided to check his feedback and the majority of the positive feedback is from people who also bought Nintendo Club codes. Any chance this seller is using not-so-legit coins to get these codes?

almost certainly yes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

seeing you post is starting to make me hate owning a 3DS.

:qq:

Leo Showers posted:

I have a large amount of disposable income and I wish to purchase a handheld gaming console, but I'm really leaning towards a PS Vita over a 3DS. Why is the 3DS better?

Because it has a lot of really good games and isn't a peripheral for a console with no games

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The vita has many good games such as where is your vita after not having used it in over a year

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I've heard less than that, I really should run a test myself. I know at one point I pulled my Vita out from my drawer after having not used it for at least 2 weeks and I guess I had left it in sleep mode the whole time. drat thing still turned on. Color me impressed.

Its easy to test this out on the vita since there is nothing to play.

No one knows how long the 3DS can last because people actually play it regularly.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

Help me hardcore gamer you're my only hope.

Use gamefaqs, get good, give the game to a child, kill yourself.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

Hmmm, should I do the smart thing and make money or be an idiot and tell someone to charge more for something? Real tough question

Why would you waste your time buying and reselling unless your time is literally worthless?

Either don't do anything or give the dude a heads up.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The New 3DS owns. Based on his posts he's clearly retarded.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

strategery posted:

So I just got my first 3DS in the form of the new 3ds. I borrowed Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I Want one more game. Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem?

Monster Hunter

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

The answer is Fire Emblem

The Question is What game features a pedophile?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Your posting is loving terrible.

:qq: