Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I downloaded the Monster Hunter 4 demo a few weeks ago when one of the goons posted the code in the previous thread, but didn't try it out until I got my New 3DS XL. I actually enjoyed that demo a lot, which is surprising since I have one of the PSP Monster Hunters from PS+ that I didn't care for and briefly had the Wii game that I didn't care for either. Is it worth actually getting the new one and anything noteworthly missing from the demo (besides more gameplay and customization)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So annoyed that I found a few unredeemed Club Nintendo codes from a few random Wii games, but they are listed as 'expired' and give no coins now. Ugh, I just wanted to get some more coins to get one last item, as the 75 coins I got can't get poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

So I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a nu3ds. Other than a larger memory card and a hori screen protector, is there anything else I should be getting? I am probably going to pick up MH4. Trying to decide on one or two other games to pick up as well. I'm in the same boat as the other goon that just picked one up, I've never played any of the DS games ever and the last time I played Zelda was back on the NES.

You will need a charger and a Philips #0 Screwdriver to open the back to insert the new memory card.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drunk Badger posted:

Should I expect Nintendo DLC to go on sale? Was thinking about the Mario Golf courses

I don't think any Nintendo DLC has ever go on sale so go for it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tae posted:

A 1st party Nintendo game going on sale? Are you hoping a local liquidation?

The only time a 1st party games goes dirt cheap is when it a flop like the 3DS launch games or Other M.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

epitasis posted:

how much is Tropical Freeze selling for IRL

Best Buy has a trade in value for $23 with a additional 2 dollars with the GCU.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Better be an oppai mousepad.

Knowing Nintendo it will be a exclusive Amiibo you can only get from the bundle.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am so tired of seeing that drat "Something went wrong and Wario took your coins" picture on Club Nintendo. Picture stop being funny the 20th time it appeared when trying to redeem my reward.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

Was a date given for the Codename STEAM fast forward patch? I'm planning on picking it up, but not until I can fast forward.

I'm wondering this too since I am getting Codename STEAM from Gamefly next week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Codename STEAM patch is out in the US. I just rented it from Gamefly the other day and man the patch makes a big difference. Alien Movement goes from about a minute or two of waiting to about 10 seconds. Enemies flowing in is still annoying otherwise I am liking it a lot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You know after the patch I am loving Codename STEAM. I rented it from Gamefly after renewing them for a dollar and it arrived the day before the patch hit. Very impressed on how fast the enemy turns are now. Game still has some issues, but honestly I am enjoying it a lot overall. Shame Lucina isn't out for another month since I would loved to been able to use her in the game..if I can ever pre-order her.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am up to chapter 12 in Codename STEAM and I really loving the game a lot. It has a slow start, but once you get better squadmates like Tinman or Fox it gets a lot easier. Especially pairing those two up and watching as every enemy on the map gets sniped while Tinman refills her steam so she can go into overwatch and do more sniping.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

General Morden posted:

I'm not sure whether or not you're supposed to play aggressively or defensively in that game.

You can't play too defensively because then the game starts summoning more enemies, the more turns you take, but then you can't play too aggressively either, because enemies in Overwatch mode will punish you for going in.

Yeah playing too defensively doesn't work, as I did that on a earlier map and just ended up distracting the enemies and bum rushing the exit. Since I got Tinman (who weapon refills steam on other characters), I tend to play more aggressive, pushing my way through while parking Fox in overwatch since her sniper rifle is cheaper on enemy turns.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I had high hopes for DQ8 when I played it, but lost interest in a hour and sold it. I did like DQ9, but that game has almost no story at all and more like DQ3 in setup.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saoshyant posted:

gently caress yeah, gaming cellphones.

Good old Taco Phone. Didn't it have the brilliant idea of putting the game cartage slot under the phone battery?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The rumor was a lot more interesting. Gunman Clive is literally a dollar game and everyone probably got Bit Trip from a bundle at this point.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ptarmigans posted:

Nintendo offers a save transfer tool that moves save data from a physical copy to a digital copy, the process is only one way though.

More info here.

It works like a charm too. I used when the Platinum Reward was Mario Golf 3DS and sent my physical save to it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Theta Zero posted:

Why did you get the same game twice?

Sell the old copy off. Plus the other options were other games I already had. And I just rather redeem the code for a game that would be nice to keep on the system on hand then the Donkey Kong game that take up a lot of my WiiU hard-drive.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now Valve needs to make Half-Life 3 and Capcom needs to make Viewtiful Joe 3. What other game trilogies are missing the third game?

It not missing it's third game, but there still Beyond Good & Evil 2, which has been a no show for years since it was announced.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quest For Glory II posted:

You wouldn't be anymore if you saw their pre-e3 event this year. All Yokai Watch all the time

Wish Dark Cloud was the series that exploded. Dark Cloud 2 was a really good game that sadly isn't on the PSN.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe my eyes are broken or something

The loading time when you start the game is awful but I really thought it was running way more smoothly than before

Yeah it the same way with me. Outside of the start up, the game generally runs good. There is a hair slowdown when entering big rooms, but nothing that makes me want to not even touch that version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

I hate FF job systems and it's why I didn't play Bravely Default

You should try the Final Fantasy V Fiesta, it really good at making you enjoy the job system, as you learn how powerful the four ones you are given can be. I had a run with bard and monk as two of my jobs, and the bard song after a little time caused the monk to do 9999 per every single punch...which is good since they can punch twice in one turn.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The long national nightmare is over.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/638463787713044480

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My other email got these codes, so here they are.

B0HXJJPQ21NGFP07
B0HGQGRH2KCLL6QS
B0HX61Y92J2P3TM8

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since we are talking about Fire Emblem still, how does the DLC version of the other game work. If I say get Conquest as the physical base game and get Birthrights as the DLC for it, do I need to beat the base game before playing Birthrights and the Epilogue, or they available at all times from the main menu?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay that doesn't sound too bad. Not that it matters, since I am still at chapter 18 in Awakenings and I honestly should beat that first.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is the difficulty settings better in Fates? I asked this in the Fates thread, but it was ignored there, but I hated that you had to pick Hard in Awakening because Normal was secretly casual mode now. This wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't have bullshit enemies moving on the same turn and oneshot some dancer or mage that wasn't surrounded at all times.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Might just skip finishing Awakening. I was near the end of the game at chapter 17, but every time I try playing it, I quit the game because 2/3 into a map, I didn't notice a archer was near my flying unit and they get one shot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Unlucky7 posted:

I see the Fates thread got another name change. As much as I would like to see what brought it on, I don't really want to see any gameplay spoilers. Is it just the thread laughing at nerds, or is someone actually being goony about the japanese-english differences?

Probably due to posts like this one.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700920&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=616#post456452174

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I actually liked Codename Steam a lot. Probably help I got it right as the patch to fix enemy turns came out, which made my experience a lot better. It has issues, but I was enjoying the game a lot, still need to finish it someday as I was close to the end. Then again, the team I usually used was Tin Man, Lucina, Fox, and Tiger Lily, who were a strong mix of support and offense.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sodium Chloride posted:

My local GAME store ran out of Mew codes. gently caress that place.

You can always just get a glitch Mew from the Blue/Red re-release like I am planning on doing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quest For Glory II posted:

no picross 3d 2. i'm going to die

We might still get that later on. Don't forget how long it took to get Rhytmn Heaven and Dragon Quest VII, which were both in limbo for even longer.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am disappointed only that Yo-Kai Watch 2 has not been announced for the States. I guess it would be kinda early, they'll probably save that for the Summer direct.

It a safe bet that is coming, considering how much pushing they are for the game. I think they might be waiting a little bit so it doesn't eat up sales on the first game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

katkillad2 posted:

Leave the battle animations on and watch every one to add another 3-5 hours of gameplay. I must be bad at Fire Emblem, through all of Birthright I only had one kid and had no clue there were a ton of other paralogue missions for other kids.

You can also just skip battles animations if you hit Start. I leave animation on and skip any fight that is one sided for my party. Which is usually anytime Ryoma is fighting someone and he is so fast that the enemy hit percent is 0.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Variable_H posted:

In general Square just released Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second (depending on your territory), Just Cause 3; they're working on new Hitman, Deus Ex, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy games. They've got a lot of IPs that they develop stuff for, but I don't think they've made a tactical rpg in a while.

Edit: Dragon Quest Heroes is already out on PS4, not ported to PC yet though.

Actually it already on Steam, it was actually part of the weekend deal last week for $40.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410850/

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

codenameFANGIO posted:

The Hyrule Warriors theme that comes with Legends is amazing and I love opening it up to get the Secret Unlocked sound and then HAIR METAL
ZELDA gently caress yesssssssss

Yeah that is a great theme. It finally replaced the Persona Q theme I been using for about a year now...even through I never bought that game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mordiceius posted:

What the gently caress Sigma.

I know you are talking about Virtue Last Reward, but when I see the name Sigma, I always think of this guy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame since Warsong (Langrisser 1) on the Genesis was a game me and my dad greatly enjoyed back when it was released. But at this point between it not being the proper people who did the games and Fire Emblem taking over for the fantasy strategy game genre, I don't really see the point. Especially when it looks like this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The original was more like Fire Emblem with unique leaders who can permadead, but the maps tend to be bigger as your units and the enemies have soldiers who surround them. If the leader dies, all units die, but you lose XP for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is Bravely Second any good? I never finished the first game, but after finally finishing all three pieces of Fire Emblem Fates, I want to maybe work my way to the sequel. But I heard almost nothing about the sequel.