Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I see a bunch of people so overworked they can only spend time with their loved ones through social media. That's not very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Reggie's hand gesture makes it all the better.

It's a hate jerk.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Instead of participating in the fake not-fake wankfest towards someone I don't even know, I'll be the one to step up and wonder how they kept the dog from eating the KK donut...

Because dogs are smart enough to realize it isn't actual food.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

1:10 is hilarious.

Douche with fifth wheel RV: *ping**ping**pingping**ping* as it skims off all the superfluous doodads on top of it.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

Milk is great because I like to drink it in the morning so by mid afternoon I'll have farted all the farts for the day out of my butt, and therefore will not be farting for the remainder of the afternoon and evening. Feels great strolling about town with a pretty girl on one arm and a completely depleted fart meter. I think that's how farts work????

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

Oh, Japan. :v:

Reading the Wikipedia "...in Anime" debacle here is what put the nail in the coffin for me wrt to Wikipedia.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Or I could strap it to the end of an axe handle to make a sledgehammer, and then hit the cantaloupes with that. Gallagher style!

That would be the only way it'd have a chance of hitting one.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Quite a cutting edge salad.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

There is nothing wrong with paying as few taxes as you can get away with

The Mother Trump feeds it’s Trumplings a small loan of a million dollars

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Charles Dance was a perfect Vetinari, save for having ginger hair instead of black, and I hope he reprises the role for the Guards, Guards! series.

Please tell me this isn't just some wishful thinking, and there is actually a City Watch series in production.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

"In production" is kind of a loaded phrase. The last news on it was from late 2014; according to that shooting was supposed to start in 2015 but we're almost done with that and you'd think we'd have gotten casting choices. So at this point, who knows, but wheels were definitely in motion at one point.

Still better than nothing, but I suspected that was the stage it was at.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

The best way to handle a Discworld movie would to just tell an new story in the setting. It's a big world, and there are a ton of threads you could pull in order to tease out an interesting plot. Although I'm not sure how well even the best comedy writer could reproduce Pratchett's sense of humor. In a perfect world, he'd have worked with someone to create an original screenplay, but that's no longer in the cards. Stupid mortality.

A huge amount of Pratchett's humor was written wordplay which is very difficult to get across in a movie. Like the Curious Squid:

quote:

The Curious Squid were very small, harmless, difficult to find and reckoned by connoisseurs to have the foulest taste of any creature in the world. This made them very much in demand in a certain kind of restaurant where highly skilled chefs made, with great care, dishes containing no trace of the squid whatsoever.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Acne Rain posted:

no it's wordplay, "curious squid" is a pun on

uh

give me a moment

(word play is PLAYING with WORDS, not funny footnotes on things)

:goonsay:

You poo poo your pants in anger when the OED declared "literally" could be used outside of proper context, didn't you?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
whoops

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Bowie lives on in the hearts of everyone who can't shut up about David Bowie and how they oh my god have loved David Bowie foreeeeeveeeeeeeeeeer even though you've never heard them say the words David and Bowie in the same sentence, ever, despite knowing them for decades, not to mention the time they asked you who sang 'that song about the guy in space whose ship broke'.

No I'm not thinking of anyone in particular why do you ask?

"Ugh, these people care about a celebrity," the goon says. He leans sideways on his chair and farts a little. "As if they ever cared about this person before they died," he says to an empty room that will never know the presence of another member of the desired sex outside of an exchange of currency.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Firstborn posted:

DC & Jim Lee's actually really actually real reboot of Scooby Doo where the dog communicates with emojis and Shaggy is a hipster:

Velma flies a drone and Fred has tribal tattoos.

So which is worse this or the latest cartoon iteration:

No, that's not a Family Guy-style parody somebody made.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

That Works posted:

Scooby Doo was loving terrible and always will be to me. Never figured out how that poo poo was funny or entertaining apart from the Venture Bros riff.

Yeah honestly using bottom of the barrel animation art and style is really just a return to its roots.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

It was a dumb kids show but I don't know why the internet flipped its poo poo so hard about it. No one cared about Bugs Bunny for 20 years and suddenly turning them into super heroes was a crime against nature. I'm pretty sure this show was the first time I ever heard someone use the phrase "raping my childhood"

I only saw 1 or 2 episodes but it kind of worked. Roadrunner was their Flash, the Coyote was their Donatello, Taz was their hulk ect ect.

quote:

*notices people sharing opinion*

*personal opinion changes to opposite because gbsgoon*

It was try-hard edgy crap created by focus groups, and everybody hates that poo poo no matter what it touches.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Heard second/third hand, but "replace the fuse with a bolt and wait to see where the fire starts" short check technique is apparently not unheard of at my place of employment.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

jmistajay posted:

Goons...goons never change...

quote:

walking goddamned DSM checklists.

Is still the truest description.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Acne Rain posted:

hi I'm toilet frog, don't mind me

Bullshit you pee fetish amphibian.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
re: drunk revelers = Renaissance masterworks pics, am I wrong to assume that professional or even novice photographers recognize pleasing aesthetics in situ, or at least take several dozen photographs and select the ones that look the best and solicit those?

Still drat impressive and lucky though.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

The MSJ posted:

He means kids now who also loves Pokemon, and are in fact most of their audience.

See the thing is it came out 20 years ago and people who played it are well older than that. So either it's for idiot manchildren, which means nobody loving cares about it except idiot manchildren, or it's for kids and idiot manchildren can't stop derailing threads about it. Either way, the problem is idiot manchildren who won't shut up about a video game for children and/or idiot manchildren.

Have a rage comic for funny picture comic content which is still funnier than more stupid poo poo about pokemon.

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Mar 18, 2016

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
As long as we're discussing fashion here's a $1000+ shirt:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Ok Fella posted:

What the hell is going on with those jeans?

Rendering glitch.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

When a man walks in with total loving darkness on his face and poofy shoulderpads in the place of his dignity!

you get

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Sorry to Canadians for leaking our jingoism is leaking across the border.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Texas without an Austin would be paradise on Earth.

He's so precious, folks.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

He's not wrong.

True, he just got the locales reversed.

(picture not the same one as the article, it "only" cost $63M)

Takes a unique kind of stupid to place that much value on high school football.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

w00tmonger posted:

Knowing a few people like this it is definitely a 2 way street sometimes

"Don't grope people."

"Look, I agree, but, devil's advocate here, [endless :spergin:]"

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

When Borders did the closeout I managed to snag a BluRay of Planet Earth that had various audio tracks, including Attenborough. It came bundled with "Life" too, but that only had Oprah as an option. She wasn't terrible, but compared to Attenborough she may as well have been a bass guitar with strings made of screaming penis skins.

Reminder that The World At War series, after taking years of painstaking care to restore old footage and video from thirty+ year old video and original film stock, was then cropped to 16:9 from its 4:3 format, blindly, with no concern for appearances. Just straight up center -> crop to 1080. It looks as bad as you would imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Wave your hands in the air and say good stuff about Ray's dickcircumcision like you just don't care.

• Locked thread