Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So what you're saying is that California, though beautiful and awesome, is gross and lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

That would go perfectly in the University of Texas campus.

The University of Texas stadium should just be a recreation of the walls during the battle of the Alamo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'd go for a football stadium that's done up to look like the actual Roman Colisseum. Would own and also just completely troll the "football is too violent, American is going down the terlit, mnyaaaaaah" people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Build the stadium out of marble, and instead of the black eyed peas, throw on hans zimmer in between plays. Legit want a roman themed team now.

Break out the Tom Heddon, it's a loving run play!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

Who cares about the structure, as long as we're getting lions and Christians at halftime.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume this is a grudge match between Donkeykong Suh and Hayden Christensen.

edit: just to be clear, by grudge match, I mean Suh dressed like Darth Vader re-enacting all of the things he's been fined for on Hayden Christensen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
San Francisco legit owns and I'd live there tomorrow if I could.

I've never been do SD/LA so I don't know or care about what you fuckers are saying.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Are those solar panels covering the roofs of the buildings?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

put ads on jerseys next

This is already a thing.

Various sports companies (Nike, Reebok, etc) bid for the right to have their brand plastered on every Jersey in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked, though, if clubs started selling real-estate on the team Jersey to add even more branding. In a few decades, NFL players will look like padded NASCAR drivers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

The NBA has admitted they're going to have them soon and I'm betting the NHL won't be far behind. There's no way it doesn't happen in the NFL soon enough.

Hell, look how much companies pay to be primary shirt sponsors for Premier League teams.

And now, Pepsi presents a Geico look at Nabisco's Toyota "moment of the game" brought to you by Taco Bell.

For anyone who hasn't neen it.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 3, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zeitgueist posted:

Inglewood got approved 2 months ago and the Rams guy already owns the land, and it's closer to airport and the Metro and an larger planned development

So is the LA Rams a done deal at this point, and we're just waiting around for the stadium to be built?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Dear goons stop making jokes about wanting chich or any poster to be dead tia

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

kill yourself

Nah.

Also, I'm super hoping the Chargers don't move.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zurreco posted:

I would rather the Raiders went to San Antonio regardless of who else ends up in LA. This whole ordeal is getting tiresome.

Fin.

Raiders to SA, Rams to LA, Chargers remain.

I can live with this poo poo right here. I'm sure only Oakland fans would be put out (what's left of them) and there are no Rams fans left.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Matty Luke posted:

YEAHHHHH BITCH MATTY FUCKIN LUKE IN THE HOUSE. MATTY LUUUUUUUKE. Huh? Oh poo poo, yeah, so me an Beanie fuckin Bam-Booz was sittin in the front row and poo poo - FUCKIN BEAN-IEEEEEEEE, ha haaaa - and I see the fuckin ball coming straight at my fuckin nuts, right? so I'm like OH poo poo SON and that fuckin jimbroni [sic] Nelson "fuckin lil bitch" Cruz comes all jumpin up in my frickin grill just all, [imitates mincing voice and mannerisms] "Enh, enh, I'm Nelson fuckin Cruz, enh." [performs "jack-off" pantomime for 20 seconds with mouth scrunched to one side]

SO ANYWAYS he's all "enh" and jumpin into the crowd and poo poo, so I fuckin punch his glove and his arm and whatever - I dunno - and I fuckin rip the fuckin ball outta the mitt and the umpire's just like "home run" and poo poo. FUCKIN HOME RUUUUHHHHNNN. And fuckin Nelson "Bitch" Cruz is all like, "Enh, he grabbed the ball, enh." But I'm just all like, "OH WELL WHY DON'T YOU CRY TO YOUR FUCKIN MOMMY SON? WHY AIN'T YOU GROW A PAIR OF FUCKIN BALLS LIKE A MAN, RATHER THAN A LITTLE GIRL WHO CAN'T CATCH A FUCKIN HOME RUN BALL YA FUCKIN SCRUB AHHHHH get outta here."

That was the fuckin best man. Too bad the fuckin Yankees had ta -[yells at friends] HEY KEEP IT THE gently caress DOWN I'M TALKIN TO THIS FUCKIN GUY HERE - too bad the Yanks had ta blow it, but what the gently caress, you know? They'll win the Series next year, or whatever. FUCKIN YANKEEEEES SON.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"Patriots fans say, Save our Balls!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Something scrounged from another thread that seems appropriate for Stadiumchat.

Shots fired

:zaeed:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Really though what's the cheapest you could get an NFL caliber stadium that you can at least get 20 years of use out of without dropping 200 mil on renovations every 10 years? 500 mil? 600 mil?

Unfortunately, I believe that stadium costs are something like starting QB salaries... they just keep going up.

"Approaching a billion" is about to be the loving bargain basement for new stadiums.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

A good post.

Sash! really is Cotton Hill.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Lol at believing that NFL teams only bring in a few million a year in profit.

If cities and such are gonna pay for stadium costs they should also get a proportional cut of the profits. None of this "it will increase local economic activity!" handwaving bullshit, a direct cut of the profits.

That is how the Braves had it arranged with ATL. Trouble is it affected how much money they could use to pay players. Baseball and luxury taxes are a different animal, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

How the gently caress did the Lions actually lose money?

Easy, they didn't. If it's in some book as a loss, then it's an accounting gimmick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

I'm pretty sure she has gloves on too

Fuckin' mimes, she'll never convince me she's watching a good football game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

We should get beers and/or scotch

ftfy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

So did Mothra just attack this stadium or something

:lol:, this deserves more attention.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Jerry Jones would fight the Raiders moving to SA with everything he had.

Good, maybe it would drain him of the remainder of his powers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

If that's a reason, san Antonio should get the white sox too

They should. No one in Chicago gives 2 fucks about the Sox.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Oh, the Sox fan. Sup.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Deadline for the city of San Diego to ratify the expedited Environmental Impact Report on the Qualcomm site is September 11th.

September 11th will now stand as the beginning of the end of America and the Chargers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

In "I Am Old" news, incoming high school freshmen this year weren't born when 9/11 happened

I wonder what shocking tragedy they'll use to define their generation?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Footbaw in Texas vs Footbaw in a baseball town

The election of Donald Trump as president

In "I am old news" I was in high school when Columbine happened

I was in highschool AND regularly wore a black trenchcoat.

It was an interesting semester to say the least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I was in 6th grade during Columbine and it was the first thing I can remember that I really had context in my mind to process.

I thought my school was next

So did like ever kid that saw my tall, trench-coated rear end mean-mugging on my way to the language arts building.

I was super nice and respectful though, so them bitches was trippin'.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I was never afraid of the trenchcoat kids at my high school because all they wanted to do was sleep through class and drink after school.

Most of us smoked weed and played RPG's and poo poo.

It was the most harmless batch of losers ever.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Why does San Diego need a team when there'll be two in LA?

"I'd rather be dead in LA than alive in San Diego"

-literally no one ever.

• Locked thread