Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Parmesan Basil posted:

If it's a coastal state, I'm not living there ever. gently caress the ocean.

Are you in Missouri or Kansas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

It's safer.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Raku posted:

the Raiders need to play on top of an abandoned aircraft carrier

Hey, that's a great idea, build a stadium on top of the Enterprise, they wouldn't have to worry about the electric bill.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

Compromise. Throw all california nfl teams into the sea.

Someone just watched San Andreas.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Are you all seriously excited about Dunkin loving Donuts?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

There is money, and the city wants to wipe out a part of the downtown riverfront that's badly blighted. The stadium will most likely get built, there's just a few (seriously 3 or 4) state politicians making a big deal out of it and they'll get told to shut up soon. They've been careful to say that they are working with the NFL directly and not the Rams or Kroenke though. It'll be interesting to see how the NFL plans to make everyone happy.

Chargers in St Louis, Rams and Raiders in LA, everyone wins.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I keep reading that as "ok cupid".

No, it's the Titans that need to put up personal ads not the Cards.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Yeah but will he do with the Chargers?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

He owns land. Lots of it. Around STL in fact. His Kroenke group is developing everything it seems. Strange since he is also claiming STL is a barren waste land.

Some of the "surveys" that Kroenke has sited are now coming to light and it's loving hilarious. There are freaking TWITTER POLLS by random people being used as credible research. What a joke.

Enough ranting about Kroenke though, now let's talk about the STL Riverfront stadium group. Part of it is admirable...if it also wasn't so disgusting.

The whole stadium plan they've put together would most likely never get built whether the Rams stay or not, including if Kroenke sold the team. They have circumvented a whole lot of public process to frantically chase the NFL and get this proposal in under the NFL's deadlines. Other politicians are rightfully starting to raise hell that this kind of thing can't happen without a real vote, which is definitely right. I think the stadium plan would just end in litigation eventually, at least if a proper vote is not taken. Not definitely I suppose, but probably.

While circumventing public process to try and line a greedy billionaire's pockets (who doesn't even want to be there) is deplorable, again I'm glad it happened for this reason - it somehow actually happened and now has the NFL's dick in a vise. You can tell how bad the NFL wanted the stadium initiative to fail by trying to sabotage it twice, before the initial alderman discussion (when Grubman called the Bernie Miklasz show the day before and they had a huge fight when the NFL accused the St. Louis of having no shot, stadium or not) and then again the next week when Goodell issued a memo the day before the real vote saying that the NFL money wouldn't necessarily be as high as originally promised. Despite this attempt to hurt it, it still passed and bam, now the city of St. Louis is offering to build an unprecedented 2nd NFL stadium in 25 years.

Again, I do not agree that it's a good idea to chase the NFL. I'm just glad that somehow STL has pulled it off just to see these rich fucks be put in a bad situation and to see how it plays out in public. The stadium will never get built, but the "threat" of it now will make the NFL look very bad if they leave by turning down all that public money. Hopefully if nothing else just maybe....MAYBE this will hurt their leverage to extort other cities.

I love the Rams. 99-2001 was something I'm happy to of gone through. The atmosphere at the dome was incredible when the Greatest Show was eviscerating people. I'm glad I have those memories.

What has gone on during this stadium situation though is really awful. I'm just happy that it's now getting to play out in a public eye with all the cards really on the table.

Again, gently caress the NFL.

Cleveland's Stadium initiative passed and the team moved anyway. This isn't unprecedented.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

v2vian man posted:

every1 keeps looking at my vanity plate which i got for no reason except to have ppl look at it....no i understand this line is for real emergencies. ok. ok. Im sorry

Bah, the only reason to have a different license plate is if you want to put something on there so that you won't get a ticket. Like my GWOT plates.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Long island iced tees own. When you are 21 and learning about going to bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Whole lot of hate for God's Own Cocktail the Long Island Iced Tea in here.

No True Scotsman would drink that.

• Locked thread