Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Re: Rams fans, I try to talk up Rams fans at Seahawks games. I lived in STL for a bit, but almost all the Rams fans I see are from SoCal. I'd bet more people in SoCal are still Rams fans than there are rams fans in Missouri.

Re: NFL to LA, I think we can all assume Oakland is moving, it's just who is the other team STL or SD. Both are good cities with varying positives and negatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

is there a san diego suburb that could possibly be easier to build in?

Tijuana! :mexico:

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

I won't be happy if there's a pro team in St. Louis. Let the "best fans in baseball" have baseball.

Let the Rams leave and bring an AL baseball team to StL (looking at you Tampa) and return to the old name "St Louis Browns"... added bonus for building the stadium in Ferguson.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

I would assume that the Chargers would be the one to go to the NFC since I would think their "rivalries" are lesser than the Raiders rivalries with the same AFC teams. However Mark Davis may be willing to play nice and move for some other accommodations.

For the NFC to AFC swap either team not named SF makes sense:
*Seattle was in the AFC West and would rekindle the previous rivalries. As a Seahawks fan, the old rivalries with DEN & OAK are still high in many long time fans' eyes.
*Arizona is a team with a legacy of not much to really preserve in the NFC aside from the franchise's continued existence.
*St Louis is valid to for its geographic rivalry with Kansas City. This would have only LA as the PST team which would be an unlikely option. I actually would prefer to see STL in the AFC South with Indy, & Tenn since both are "close" by.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Maybe for Seahawks fans. If it weren't for Steve Largent, most people would think you were part of the expansion that created the Jaguars in the 90's.

Anyways, gently caress any plan that involves moving around the AFC west. The AFC West today exists exactly as the AFL West did in 1960, and it's never changed except for when they added the Seahawks for a while as a punching bag.

Well you're not going to have 2 LA teams in the same division. One will be moving if it's the Raiders and Chargers moving. If the Rams are involved then there aren't any realignment issues.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Jerry Jones would fight the Raiders moving to SA with everything he had.

IIRC, Jones fought the Cardinals moving to Phoenix in the late 80s since Dallas to the California-Arizona border was cowboy country.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

I was in 6th grade during Columbine and it was the first thing I can remember that I really had context in my mind to process.

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Wonder if it'll be something where Kroenke ends up owning the Raiders in LA and Budweiser (or other MO company) buys the Rams and keeps them in St Louis.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Budweiser doesn't own itself anymore. It would have to be...ummm...hmm. Harley Race's Wrestling Academy?

Or Purina, or Enterprise/National Car Rental, Or Pfiser, ... Or the Ford Explorer... those are what I recall being from there still.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Here's the Rams full relocation proposal.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2016-01/23763808665200-05180540.pdf

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

It will probably wing up with the Rams & Chargers sharing a stadium in LA and the Raiders moving in with the 49ers to make things easiest. But nothing is easy so one of these teams will be displaced after all this information is leaked out. San Antonio is another option; London, Toronto or mexico City for international ones. For other US cities: Orlando has stadium but a 4th FL team is highly unlikely. Oklahoma could probably work but not really seeing any other viable markets aside from the 3 cities potentially losing their teams.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

computer parts posted:

It might be less profitable than LA, but it's more profitable than not having it and splitting the Bay Area market.

I think San Antonio might be the best bet right now though.

Would be funny if the Raiders moved to San Antonio. Texas would have teams in the west, south and east divisions.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

While at the super bowl last weekend, most raider fans seemed very optimistic about the Raiders staying in Oakland and a new stadium being built for both them and the As. Maybe it is blind faith but a common conversation topic and sentiment

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Sorry for you but good on San Diego for being the only city to tell an owner to go to hell.

Sorry, see Seattle numerous times over the past decade

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Dr Tran posted:

How the hell is the LA Colosseum supposed to support 3 teams?

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/807013742114242560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

kiimo posted:

Is there a stadium in the NFL closer to the airport than this one will be?

Oakland..

• Locked thread