Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would seriously buy one for the nfc payments alone (5s user :whatup: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No way they're gonna be selling a 10k watch in a normal store

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tim Cook said he's charging his every night :o

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Still waiting on an FM radio :cool:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

io_burn posted:

I mean I knew the Apple Watch would be hot but I don't think anyone saw this insanity coming, ever.

Hahhaha good one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Bluetooth connection takes about .04% battery life per 24 hours so no, it's not that.

Is it a local wifi thing ? Does the watch use that ? I'm not sure.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smackfu posted:

That's weird that the watch displays email styling at all.

Yeah bizarre that it would just do black on white or w/e

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I had a similar problem today pairing headphones to my watch. Apparently a reboot is the catch all solution

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can anyone remind me how you turn off Do Not Disturb syncing across phone and watch? I'm pretty sure I turned that on somewhere but I can't remember where.

Thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Watch app -> General -> Do Not Disturb -> Uncheck "Mirror iPhone"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If your iPhone is set to Do Not Disturb will calls still come through on the watch?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Where can I go in settings to modify the default quick responses my watch provides for text messages?
On iPhone :
Watch-> Messages -> Default Replies

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sources?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Is there a Now Playing complication that I’m missing (or possibly in the next OS version)? I see the Music one.

Not in OS3 anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think they mean without the phone being connected.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uhm well it's supposed to have an LTE connection which I would definitely class as a game changer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It means you have a notification! Swipe down

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only time I've had to worry about the charge in my s2 in the three or four months I've had it was when I didn't go home for two days, I think I managed to get it down to 17%

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How does the Nike band clasp? I have a sports band on my S2 but it's giving me serious skin irritation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

japtor posted:

Try contacting Apple for a replacement, people have gotten bands swapped for stuff like that, to completely different types if necessary.

Thanks! I'll try this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That Spotify snowy thing is never coming out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fat chance of Apple allowing it on the watch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The way the crown doesn't control volume during a workout is a goddamn travesty

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds like an issue, the GPS on mine is really accurate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So does Os4 really get rid of the music apps ability to select music from your iPhone :raise: ?
That’s a HUGE drawback for me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it’s gone. Can’t change the source of music from the phone. Absolute wank.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I shudder to think how much money they're putting into Beats 1, which I've listened to about 10 times in the two years I've had AM, and Carpool Karaoke, which you couldn't pay me to watch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Beats 1 is absolutely amazing. Some really awesome stations. Abstract Radio just did 2 killer shows.

Yeah some of the shows are really good. It kills me there's no explicit stream though. I mainly listen to the hip hop shows and you might as well just wait for the replays.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Just get the milanese loop.

I legit wretched

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They've totally hosed up playing music during a workout using the watch. Music is INSANELY slow to load now. S2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feenix posted:

You hard press on the music app to change the source back?

Just checkin'

This is gone as of Os4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They hosed music up so so bad I can't believe it.
Trying to do a workout tonight with Music was a nightmare.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Yeah hang on, how do I control my phone music now if the Music complication doesn't do that anymore? I'm so heckin' lost. I use that in the car all the time so I can skip/pause stuff without picking up my phone.

You have to start the music from the phone. The Now Playing complication might still control it? I've no idea. They've made it so confusing. I think you can start anything you want from the phone and control it from the watch but if you want to move to something NOT stored on your watch you have to then go back to the phone and change it. It's so fuckin bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can other people try starting a running workout with music playing from their phone to wireless headphones?

This totally confused my Watch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The worst change was being able to choose the music source. What the gently caress was the reason for getting rid of this!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Here is the scenario:
You have your watch on and your phone connected. You're listening to music through wireless headphones. AirPods, beats, whatever.

In watchOS3, if you wanted to listen to music in your library but not synced to your watch, you could choose, from your watch, to browse the music in your phone library. You could then select this from the watch and have it play through your headphones.

As of OS4, there's no way to have the Watch look at the music library on your phone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If by "improvements", Apple means "cripple", then yes!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone know how to clear playing music from the watch now? Like if I want my Now Playing to just show iPhone stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tap on the watch face in the watch app on your phone

• Locked thread