Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Wanted to try it on before I bought it, big mistake.

BAM June delivery for a 42 SS with Milanese.

Still bought it, figure if they announce they'll have limited stock on launch day in store I'll cancel my order if I can pull off getting in line at a reasonable (for Apple Launch day) time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

fordan posted:

Based on a poll of 9k buyers, 2/3 of watch orders were for the Sport which doesn't surprise me that much, but people also went hard for the grey/black band watch. Apparently neon-colored accessories still belong in the 80s; who knew?

Surprised to see the Milanese loop is as popular as it is, even though they hyped it a lot I didn't see that many going for it.

Although I did.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Preordered mine a day later on Saturday, should get mine in time for NYE.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

fordan posted:

Apple Pay is associated with your CC account, not your CC number. It actually has it's own CC # different than your card's. I had a Chase CC get hit with fraud and changed, didn't impact Apple Pay.

This happened to me when I lost my Wells Fargo Visa debit card but I still got an email saying my ApplePay had been automatically switched to the new card and without any action on my part I was able to use ApplePay even before I had received the replacement card.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

ultramiraculous posted:

People are wayyyyyyy too upset about this whole celebrity thing. Like it's all over the MacRumors, etc, and it seems super weird/petty. Like you may as well get mad at all the Apple employees wearing them around the city, or reviewers getting devices to test.

I want the watch I ordered at 12:05 as much as the next thousand people who ordered at the same time, but we're probably talking about a quantity of watches that probably doesn't even break the low-100s.

There's never been a problem getting the legions of nerds and mouth breathing Apple fan boys to order the Apple Watch but I believe the celebrity handouts are key to generated mass appeal for the watch from the pleb masses which in the end is very good for the health of the wearables scene.

Also who gives a poo poo, Apple employees might as well count as a closed beta test.

Also:

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Stop posting shipment updates.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Do corporate FANs apply to the dumb $10 plan?

When I setup my watch with AT&T it didn't seem to apply the FAN on the $10 but it did waive any activation fees. I'll have to wait till end of billing period to give you a definitive answer.

Also anyone tried this band or Valkit bands in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Thwomp posted:

I’d love a section in the OP with third party quality knockoff bands along with other goon recommendations for bands.

I went to Amazon and sorted the 42mm Apple Watch bands by Average Review score and went nuts.

• Locked thread