Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

bengy81 posted:

IRREGARDLESS of your feelings Petty Officer, it would BEHOOVE you to UNFUCK your ATTITUDE before I have to put my size 10 boot up your rear end. :chiefsay:

laxadaisical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

he'll learn once he gets to bootcamp/a-school/the fleet and literally everyone uses nuke derogatorily and is always talkin smack on nukes. he'll know
haha those nukes and their post-navy job prospects. :laugh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cerekk posted:

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=85968

The Navy seriously just developed a cell phone app for div-os and chiefs to use at work despite the fact that 2/3 of the Navy isn't allowed to have their cell phone at work. I swear to god I thought this was a Duffel Blog article.

quote:

The eDIVO app is the creation of two junior officers, Lt. Charlie Hymen and Lt. John Harry, who were frustrated with the arduous task of sifting through numerous websites and documents in search of military guidance. Today, their idea and determination has led to the eDIVO app, developed by the Navy and now available for free in the App Store and Google Play Store.

#justgenyproblems

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

They all whine alike to me.:shrug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ded posted:

I would like to know what exactly digital penetration is, as defined by the finest NCOs of the United States Navy.

Don't stick your calculator in her rear end. Now get qualified! :chiefsay:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Of course boots deserve to look like idiots.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Seems to be a really good deal for enlisted sailors.
Nothing is ever a good deal for enlisted sailors. Especially

vulturesrow posted:

The manning is so lean that pretty much everyone does everything.
That usually means that they're cleaning, painting, and doing any other menial bullshit :chiefsay: comes up with on their off time between p/s watches.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I wear black tennis shoes so I'm not that noticeable

gently caress that. Flaunt your sick, lame, and laziness.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I to would like to murder the imaginary antagonist in this STDH story.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

And that AR15 was young Thomas Edison.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

BovineAdapter posted:

Unfortunately I know the OP and a couple of people who responded to it. I use FB but I really detest those kinds of posts.

Then tell them they are loving stupid. By the way, that woman's profile is public so maybe tell her to make it private too.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vriess posted:

:devil: Post the screenshot to the MCPON's page. :redass:

There's no need to be

:c00lbert:

Petty.

(yes there is)

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Just like the E6 and below spend theirs on hookers and beer.
And car payments on that sweet Bimmer/Camero/Raptor.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Arione posted:

its actually a porsche...
I got a killer deal on a used 911. No money down and no payments for 6 months!!! The car's like a million years old, so it can't be that expensive. Right?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/401

quote:

Subject to the provisions of section 404a, the Postal Service shall have the following general powers:
(1) to sue and be sued in its official name;

:shrug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

To the Petty Officer 1rst class having a bad day.

I'm sorry I didnt say good morning to you. Because its lunch and quite cloudy. Also you have aviators on so I couldnt see your eyes. That and you were 10 yards away at least. But, yes who knows we might actually be shipmates some day!

If he ain't got bars on his oval office cap he can gently caress right off.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRaaoKUGc7E

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

They're not really any less bullshit than the other religions, they're just less popular.

You can't play a Christian on World of Warcraft. :colbert:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The Wicca chaplain collar device.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

My score was 88. :hitler:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Technically the lowest ASVAB score in the Navy is Marine
:vince:

Analogical posted:

Thread title

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was slow in the way Forrest Gump was slow. Good guy, but he was not remotely smart.
There was an SK on the boat who I swear had some kind of downs syndrome or autism. If you listen to O&A, he talked exactly like BoBo.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Is that Capt. T-Shirt?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I never understood why people publicly post everything on their FB page. I guess if you're a 30-something shut-in with no real job prospects, it doesn't matter who sees your stupid political opinions or MLP/Dr Who slashfic, but I guarantee your family sure doesn't want every shithead with internet access knowing everything.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

So I'm being sued by someone my wife rear ended last year (at roughly 8 miles an hour) and the money they want is over my coverage. Does Navy legal handle anything like this? I'm assuming my insurance company has plenty of lawyers that will take care of this for me but I thought I'd ask.
Your insurance company doesn't have lawyers you can use? Some shithead cut me off and his passenger sued both of us. Geico had a lawyer for me, but they eventually settled everything out of court.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

Was your point that IDW is stupid and annoying and I hate it and I don't want to do it? If so we agree.

CompTIA certs with continuing education is what's stupid and annoying. That's what DoD cares about.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

When I was a nub and afraid to talk to people I asked my sea dad if he would help me with some general thing in the quals and he told me he forgot all that poo poo the moment he got his pin. Real confidence booster there.
Some sub qual poo poo actually sticks with you, unless you want to be the retard passing out during a fire drill because you can't find the nearest EAB manifold. :laugh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

germskr posted:

But... but it looks so cool when someone signs off an email with:

V/r,

PO1/2/3(SW/AW/SCWS/EXW/FMF/IDW/DV/PJ) Smuckatelli

sorry if I left out your particular pin

I hate that poo poo. Why don't the nobles do that? Oh because it's stupid and dick waving. Also, nobody wants to brag about being a SWO. Kidding. Kind of.

People do that in the civilian world, too. Then again, PhD's usually earn their prefixes and suffixes.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Was your CO Gene Hackman?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

germskr posted:

Start signing your emails as PO1 (SEL) (WARFARE DEVICE) orange juche.

Edit: also start attending CPO 365. They had a clip from "The Empire Strikes Back" when Yoda lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp. I think the analogy is that the Chief's Mess is supposed to lift sailors' morale or something like that.

The swamp is the chief's mess and Yoda is EAOS.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Some asshat is learning how to play a recorder in the barracks. Seriously. Can you legally throw a sailor off a ship if he was to bring such an device on board? He's been practicing the same melody for at least an hour now.

Counter by learning how to play the bagpipe.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Waah, those poor restricted kids who were either too stupid to pass one of the navy's 3rd grade-level A-Schools or too much of a fuckup to follow basic rules have such a rough time. :qq:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

actually that is a rad tattoo

It's no Smeper Fi, that's for sure.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

squarerandom posted:

Why does maryland have the dumbest liquor laws? No wonder why no active duty person here likes it, goddamn.
What dumb laws? Not selling booze in a supermarket? It sucks, but every supermarket near me has at least one liquor store nearby.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

squarerandom posted:

Supermarkets not having booze is a pretty dumb law.
In the history of dumb laws in this gay state, that's pretty low on the list.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

It's a great state if you hate owning guns and love being taxed on the rain.
Hogan got rid of the rain tax. I'm not holding my breath on the Firearm Safety :rolleyes: Act going away.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Was CMC for CVN72 while several of us were aboard. She is a gigantic tool.
A chief who is a gigantic tool? :monocle:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

#yesallchiefs

#i'lldrbwithyou

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

I've seen a few submariners.
Not to get all dig-it dawg here, but you're still a boot as gently caress non qual.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Any way you could find out what his call sign was?

The Diddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Should have gone subs, shippy. They get the best chow. :chiefsay:

• Locked thread