Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Ventura co and central coast CA in general owns, but god drat Oxnard is a hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I was a national champion wrestler all 4 years and had a full ride through college for football but I got injured and wanted to serve my country

I never trusted anyone in the military whose primary motivation was "serving their country."

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CMD598 posted:

Probably better than Iwakuni though, at least for as long as it's a MCAS.

That said I wouldn't personally pick Yokosuka (Because it's full of boat people) but it's on Tokyo's doorstep also Atsugi's chill. I heard there's some other tiny dump in near Atusgi that can't possibly be too bad. I haven't heard anything bad about Misawa...other than SNOW.

That's all I know.

I was on Atsugi, it was ok, but going to Tokyo whenever I felt like flouting the curfew for the weekend was awesome. I bet it's great when the air wing goes to sea. I heard a lot of guys say Misawa's cool, too.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol @ anyone that's still in

Just lol

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

Those paint lockers are a big deal in the surface fleet, huh?

there is nobody on an aircraft carrier more surly and self-serving than the goobers who run the various hazmat facilities

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

orange juche posted:

"Dirtbag Adventure" is a very fun and fulfilling game.

I made it all the way to E-6 lol

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

Forgive me for not knowing this poo poo having just gotten here

you need a good sea daddy

Nice! doesn't count

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

orange juche posted:

We're not disenfranchised and bitter for no reason.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

I'll be able to more effectively speak to that in a few weeks when back from field training. I can tell you that Steel Workers have the most dykes by far, though.

that kind of talk would get you beatdown by a the black lesbian mafia on the carrier buddy

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

AND i'm on the short list for the deployment so i bet that i will be deployed before they can even get my rear end into the building to do work

This will actually be used as a reason to send you on that deployment, since you don't do anything useful there. The military loves having wagons pull horses.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Octopode posted:

This is an important survival skill for shipboard life.

I think my primary source of plant-based food on the ship was hot sauce

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Godholio posted:

Against England, you had a decent chance of finding captured Americans serving aboard ("impressed") so you got to free them, ransom the crew back to England, and put a new ship into service for just the cost of repairs.

I met this old British... well poo poo I don't know what you call their Chiefs, but he was a salty old senior NCO in the RN in my Task Force at Rimpac, and he explained that back in the day, basically every enlisted sailor in the Navy was there against their will. The crews of these ships would collect drunks sleeping in alleyways or kidnap street kids and so forth, and you'd wake up from your hangover with a coin in your hand. At that point, you'd been paid from the royal treasury ("taken the Queen's shilling," it was said, which remains to this day a folksy euphemism for serving in the Navy and what I asked him to explain the meaning of that prompted this chat), and if you tried to run then away you were a deserter, and they'd hang you or whip you or whatever lol

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Anita Dickinme posted:

They changed up my orders again. Now I'm going to the G-Dub. :gonk:

The Spirit of Freedom

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

My company, as a group, just failed our dress blue inspection. I don't know how we did it, but once again the Seabees prove that "Can Do!" spirit by showing up looking like they just rolled around in cat hair and with neckerchiefs that didn't have the correct knot.

my besty used to be stationed at Mugu, and I loved going up to his place when he lived on base because the base's showpieces (he lived at Hueneme) at the front gate instead of like a static displayed Fighter Jet or some badass old Naval Guns was some raggedy old construction equipment and a hideous bee statue

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
with the wrench or with the giant power dildo

On the other hand with Seabees, I had this old master chief who was a seabee who was cool as gently caress. The loving coolest sea stories: He joined the Navy in 1960, lying about his birthday because he was only 16. His first four years were as a BM where he once got knocked the gently caress out with one punch by a female marine and later did 4 tours in Vietnam after taking the exam to be a builder. In 1970 he was running around the jungle with a 12-man CAT team building firebases for Army SF and poo poo. He said Marvin Shields was a dick. Also they ate a giant python.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
wait, Maffew, are you going on a boat or to a regular NMCB rotation at Camp Shields, Okinawa?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Godholio posted:

Here's every US president since WWII who was NOT a military officer in one capacity or another:
Barack Obama
Bill Clinton
FDR

brb, writing up a right-wing meme to spam all over my social media

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

krispykremessuck posted:

gently caress norfolk forever

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Hell, I have never applied for a job that wasn't geared toward high school students. I don't even know where to start.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Laranzu posted:

The cadillac is killing me.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I brought the wrong pants to work today. There was an all hands call scheduled at 0830. I left work at 0630 to get the right ones. Come back at 0745 to find out they changed the all hands call to 0730. So I didn't have to wear my bravos for long and I skipped the pinning of half the ship since everyone just got selected for petty officer.

bz

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nick Soapdish posted:

And purestrain gold.

or just dirt that contains gold and pan your own gold out

just make sure you get the gold dirt from a reputable dirt seller or this could be a lousy investment

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
if you are ordnance your asvab sucked

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

as a former LS, I find this hilarious and I am going to show it to my friends on facebook

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Sir Lucius posted:

There's no de-enlistment ceremony where they give you the form or anything?

I think the exact thing we should have is just one last opportunity for them to nickel and dime you for some uniform items at the exchange for some ceremony you don't give a flying fiddler's gently caress about

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Analogical posted:

Navy still dicking me over about becoming a CTN and the AF started cold calling me to do the same job with the same training in the air national guard. The Navy still can't get its dick out of its hand to call me back after three months and the AF is literally faxing me paperwork. poo poo probably still sucks, but the training is what's valuable. Can't wait to go into the CC office next month and tell them to gently caress themselves from behind.

hahaha faxing paperwork

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Deathy McDeath posted:

Get out. Get out and never look back.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Boon posted:

Just wanted to report that DD214 is in hand and beard growth is ongoing.

gently caress yes hail satan

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Anyone wearing an exw pin is a professional skater. A sailor whose actions are truly in keeping with the highest standards of gundecking.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I would gently caress the skipper for a swo pin

think of how good it's gonna look when enlisted dude shows up to that SOY board with a SWO pin

guy must be a real hard charger

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
honestly, you should let him enlist. His eagle scout qualifies him for E-3, so he's good.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mr. Nice! posted:

T-Shirt commodore's predecessor pissed off a bunch of skippers on the waterfront because he showed at various ships in the squadron, had an impromptu weigh in of khakis, and loving crushed anyone that failed. Ultimately killed the career of one of the department heads on my last ship.

I unironically think this owns

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
the gently caress

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Gi bill is dope

also, my body is just as creaky (and ears just as ring-y) as it would be if I worked some lovely construction job, but I draw vets welfare for it now, which is pretty loving sweet

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I always associated sleeve tattoos with lifers

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
If you're trying to earn a degree in EE, why don't you want to be an EM?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Gray Matter posted:

Welp thanks for the inputs, I ended up putting in CWAY for EM today. I figure even if it ends up sucking, it's only 2 days a month right? And is probably the best thing on paper to go with my EE degree.

eh you'll be a reserrvist, so it won't be like being in Engineering on the boat, should be just as chill as any other rate in the reserves

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

PneumonicBook posted:

"To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum" or "You have successfully completed a professional engineering degree from an ABET-accredited (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) college or university"

this sounds like you need to go back and listen to Ket again

they want you to have an engineering degree, not a technology degree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

hogmartin posted:

OH poo poo, go to the bowling alley on the sub side and get a fried rice omelette for breakfast DO IT DO IT NOW

• Locked thread