Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
AMU degrees are the height of worthless. I know so many people who have bachelor' through there who talked about how it was a shoe in from there to a contractor gig making good money that essentially just made them the 3rd highest paid employee at the mall's footlocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Androies posted:

Oh boy did he

Why is it people with angel tattoos are always the absolute dregs of society.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

poo poo, I never realized you could see that video. I remember my brother telling me his buddy was one of the crew on that bird. What a lovely way to go.

Yeah, my sister in law works with the sister in law of one of the pilots. They had a kid just to name after him. It was a girl so she got it as a middle name

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah, how the gently caress is that even a question? I mean Seattle kinda sucks but they've got coffee shops where girls wear lingerie and enough yoga butts to peep for decades. Irwin is just some awful desert scrub surrounded by dirt farms and trailer parks.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

terrez posted:

Have any of you seen this?

:nws: http://imgur.com/a/EnlNt :nws:

Sharpnado rolling in :coal:

As always, its only the ugly one that shows her tits

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When in Rome, eh?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

That and fobbit.

POG > Fobbit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Justin Tyme posted:

Is it pronounced pogg or pogue? I've heard both, pogg with a hard G just sounds so weird.

Pogue, unless you're inbred

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Woah, you're all American, you don't have a proper class system.

Yeah we do

White with money > Asian with Money >white without money > everyone else > Indians go last

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SumYungGui posted:

So what did she really do and who did it piss off? That poo poo goes on all the time, no way that was the reason for a head hunt.

Reads more like she was a lovely CO and that was the straw that broke the camel's back than she pissed on the wrong shoes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this was basically all army online training for me

I did the slingshot one all the time as a kid using a steak knife and a wrist rocket. hosed up some aluminum siding pretty good

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psydude posted:

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

I have a feeling you're gonna end up AD for a few years due to some black magic Army buttfuckery and fuming in this thread the entire time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MightyJoe36 posted:

There's a reason the 101st Airborne Division is called the "one-oh-worst."

Because it rhymes.

Seriously, every military has disparaging names for a lot of their units because poo poo's fun to say when you're pissed off.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is there a lovely name for 18th Airborne or 36th Med

because gently caress em both

Gay-teenth and Dirty-sixth

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that's weird since 3rd id was the best unit i was attached to when i deployed

The reserve squadron I spent most of my time with had the best morale by far, because there were only 8 active duty personnel. the XO (O-4), two other pilots (O-2s) myself (E-5), and four junior enlisted. So the entire CoC was in the hangar M-F playing Madden and BF:Bad Company/Halo/CoD on a TV we jacked from a seemingly abandoned briefing room and not worrying about much because all we had to do was keep the hangar clean until the weekends when the reservists would gently caress everything up.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

lot of former senior NCOs, to include a few CSMs guarding gates at Benning.

The cleaning lady at my office is a retired E-8

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sky shark posted:

Counsel her on failing to clean to standards and how her lack of attention to detail is crippling the warfighting effort, jeapordizing the mission and safety of ARE TROOPS

Nah, I let my brother do that poo poo, because she's not that good of a cleaning lady. She was bitching to me (thinking that hey, I'm his brother, I can talk to him) about her only making $9.50 an hour and I tried to explain how a janitor for a 1100 sqft office should probably be happy making more than minimum wage. When she complained to him, he walked her through the building pointing out every shoe print on the tile and every smudge on the windows, then asked her how the hell he was paying her more than minimum.

Seriously, everyone in my office with exception for our receptionists are former military. Most got out at O-4 and the only time the rest of us talk about the military is to bitch about how stupid it was, but she keeps telling us how exciting running Humvee/HEMTT convoys from Irwin to Hood was like the rest of us would give a poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Guy who delivered my Papa Johns lastnight is a 33 year old active duty E-6.

What the hell is going on in the Army?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Here at Benning E6's always seem to drive the nicest cars

He pulled up in a Chevy Sonic. Super nice dude, saw my stupid WW2 pin-ip Marines sign my sister got me for Christmas a few years back (http://www.amazon.com/Marines-Beach-Soldier-Retro-Vintage/dp/B005AXTAHQ/ref=pd_sim_201_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=16XX92H8VG2HMW7MSKHX) and chatted me up for a minute about being in the military. I asked him why he was delivering pizzas and he just said "For spending money" Which I guess I kinda understand. Just kinda shocked that an E-6 in his early 30s would be using his free time to do that is all.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

This is just the schadenfreude thread for us to make fun of anyone still in.

N4I, plz rename thread to this

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

Why the gently caress am I up at 530 every goddamn day?

Dude, I feel ya. I've been out for 5 + years now and I still wake up every morning at 5-530 every day of the week

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Job interview advice:

Be friendly

Groom yourself

Dress like you want the job

Speak casually

Don't come in with prepared answers, try to be as off the cuff and politely honest as you can.

Most interviewers are sick of canned answers and platitudes and just want to hire an actual person, not a walking resume

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

you only need to wear that stuff when you dismount, and death before dismount, therefore you can leave it on your lbv or whatever its called.

Pfft, Veins you pogue *goes back to sweeping out the helicopter because the loving fuelers went inside it with dirty boots and the CO gets mad when there's footprints in his bird*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Or just don't give two shits about what anyone you don't like thinks and just be happy with life.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

what the gently caress is something sensitive?

Holocaust deniers who hate Lowtax

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i was the only person in my platoon who didnt contract pink eye during basic

Everyone on the North side of the Squad bay got it in my platoon. Almost everyone on the Southern side got walking pneumonia.

I would have rather had pink-eye

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Mike owns and I like him. Hope you're feeling better, dude

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

the corps of cadets is for fags

It's ROTC for people who think ROTC doesn't have enough rules

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Motorpool needs to chill

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gitmo could gonna be a pretty fuckin great duty station if we ever get normalized with Cuba again

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Aranan posted:

I can't imagine how grumpy and depressed I would be if I was only half way done with my six year contract instead of mostly done with my four.

You'd be fine by looking at people just reupping thanks to cognitive dissonance

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When I was meat gazer I just handed the dude a cup, read a magazine and congratulated him on his pissmanship when he handed me the cup I had to sign

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you actually watch people pee you're automatically a lifer.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If it had been up to me, Drug testing would have just been me making a bunch of lance's and pfcs raise their right hand and solemnly swear they weren't hosed up at work

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Can someone at fort hood tell me if the rent to own grillz (for your teeth) and rim rental places still exist thanks

They still do in East LA as of October of last year

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Leaked image of CPOFBF2000-2

I had the plane the little yellow turret came from, One day I let my older brother attach model rocket engines to it and launch it, and miraculously the turret was the only thing that broke

Edit:

iirc it just lawn darted in tot he soft dirt near our house and the turret only broke because it separated on launch and got catapulted in to some rocks.

I should update my resume to include "Early F35 project participator"

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 17, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The It's Always Sunny episode from last season about the Crossfit Cult Dennis started hit the nail on the head

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

spacetoaster posted:

One thing I'll say about COD is that teenagers these days know what a sight picture is supposed to look like.

Dude I knew in Pensacola was having the hardest loving time at the range for no perceivable reason, then one day a few of us were playing (a newly pirated) game of Delta Force: Blackhawk Down when dude is running around with the M16 and says "What the poo poo, it doesn't look like this when you aim?!" The rest of us in the room just stared at him and argued with him that this was most likely why he was lucky to get the pizza box

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Gold spurs are awarded on the same premise as a combat patch, you don't "earn" them. And a lot of cav units typically gift their swag to attached units for a cheap morale boost. Just don't be like those soldiers who wear their USMC or SF group combat patch because "we worked with them and I feel closer to them than my own brigade/division/whatever"

My squadron was used to move a few chalks of SEALS for training poo poo at JTC over the course of a few weeks. We had a reservist fueler that went out and bought all these SEALs T-Shirts and wore them whenever he could after that. Same reasoning.

His day-job was being the assistant manager of a Sonic, which he claimed made him a choice candidate for OCS because he had been in a leadership role since he was 17. He ended up getting a less-than-honorable because he knocked up some chick and just stopped showing up because he had to "Be there" for her and somehow got a hardship instead of rightfully butt hosed by the CoC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

xsf421 posted:

These are the kinds of E-8/E-9s you hear about that kill themselves 2 weeks after retiring.

Worse, the kind who retire to GS slots and gently caress up even more poo poo for year to come at higher pay while their fat wives waste the VA, Deers, etc' time running rascaling around base with a fitbit on conning them in to performing a lap band surgery while three guys who got blown up in a convoy full of mostly beef patties for the DFAC cook out said E-9 demanded are still waiting (and on year 6) of it) so they can finally get a prothesis so their arms don't look like the main attractions at a German BDSM club

• Locked thread