Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sounds about right. also every black dude in the battalion that was in a line company was either mixed or white washed spongebob

The rest were air tighting snowbunnies in the motorpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

woe to anyone who goes to FIG

and by Mass do you mean Devens?

he means holy communion you clown. the unit goes to catholic mass and takes the body and blood of christ

vains
May 26, 2004

11b1p posted:

I would have told him unless we are still called up, there is no such thing as AWOL in the Reserves or Guard. If you are telling the truth they are just trying to scare you. Go up the chain and say you are being intimidated.

this is correct. you cant be awol or ua to drill. you can be a deserter if your unit is activated but doesn't apply in this case

vains
May 26, 2004

you only need to wear that stuff when you dismount, and death before dismount, therefore you can leave it on your lbv or whatever its called.

vains
May 26, 2004

its kinda funny to get 'stop treating us like small dumb children' and 'we need to treat these guys like small dumb children' echoed across gip. often in the same thread, and often within pages of each other.

vains
May 26, 2004

Kiryen posted:

Maybe it's the fact that you blatantly said that taking a Soldier that hasn't even been to basic yet to his unit is "hand-holding".

Most of you people are at least E4s, and shouldn't be treated like children; brand new recruits may as well be as far as the Army is concerned and if they're not even 18 yet they legally ARE children. Making sure a brand new recruit can get to his first drill does not men treating people who have been in long enough to know what's going on like children.

what the gently caress do you mean 'you people'?

vains
May 26, 2004

the corps of cadets is for fags

vains
May 26, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i cant remember all the steps or where on the continuum it is but im pretty confident the most fun one for everyone involved is military working dog :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_30VjNREhAM

vains
May 26, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Speaking of that, I retire soon. Is 38 too old to go back to college and join a fraternity?

depends of how sweet of a bro you are.

vains
May 26, 2004

do you like smashing pussy

vains
May 26, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Only my wife's. :shrug:

I might retire and do a vacation down there to try it out.

well as long as you can anchor a case race or win a pong tourney, id say they might take you.

vains
May 26, 2004

not caring here posted:

cold weather gear doesn't keep the cold out.

guess you didnt have a smoking jacket

vains
May 26, 2004

you gotta sculpt the guns so you dont have to put a fold in the roll to keep them tight

vains
May 26, 2004

there are probably rounds in the armory/arms room w/e for this specific purpose.

vains
May 26, 2004

oh weird. the armorer always had a loaded m9 and a hundred or so rounds of 5.56 in the actual armory. the ammo was on the serialized equipment inventory. i wasnt in the army but it seems weird that there would be a significant difference between branches over something like weapons security.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its odd to me to think that you wouldn't store ammo with arms, but then again I only really dealt with ships and you don't have much of a choice there.

maybe its a dept of the navy thing.

vains
May 26, 2004

marines still have armorers. they dont really do much but lose weapons cards and miscount serialized gear.

vains
May 26, 2004

Soulex posted:

This.

My parting words to my unit were "I am great at what I do, I'm just a lovely soldier." because it's true. I was on profile, no PT test in 4 years thanks to injuries, but could rock the gently caress out of whatever crap I had to do in no time flat.

I was hand selected by Australian military to brief their Public Affairs General about a tentative plan for digital media and equipment to buy, and most of all, how to gauge success because big boss men like being able to understand analytics and seeing things like "we are successful because of X" crap. I worked 7AM till 10PM most nights pushing quality video work daily, but got yelled at by my 1SG for not doing PT (injured) eating snacks at night (No DFAC because I was working against a timeline) and not showering despite showering at least once a day because lugging camera equipment will make you sweat. I did a lot for that exercise but was looked at as a shitbag because I couldn't soldier.

Can't run but you can shoot the hair off a tick's rear end stuck on a bloodhound chasing after a rabbit? Too bad, you must run a two mile in under this time. We understand that all of our methods and rules are archaic but gently caress you!

I have a big problem with military promotions. The Australians make you go back to square 1 and become a digger if you switch MOS. no more hitting E4P or E5P and switching MOS because now we have a lovely leader who doesn't know his loving job either.

war is hell

vains
May 26, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

IDK i'm kind of weird about mental health in the army and remember when suicide was grounds to deny someone SGLI and I don't think dude should necessarily be punished for being mental

except he probably got people killed.

vains
May 26, 2004

thought you were gonna link the dude getting a blowjob in cammies from another dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Which one of them?

idk i saw it on jttots yesterday. short hair, grey/green digital camoflauge. ring any bells? just start posting some and ill tell you which one.

• Locked thread