Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

new thread title is well and approved

what are you all going to play tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

beads?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i was imagining him opening a box and just a torrent of bees escaping it, but that is good, too

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

social sting of the bee stigma.

:laugh:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

they are announcing hte due date for the new MGS game on Wednesday but it will probably just depress anyone who's looking forward to it

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im going to Italy in May and im real fuckin glad the n3ds exists. also the new actual harvest moon comes out at the end of this month, no more deceivers

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hubris.height posted:

oh for real

its not another minecraft ripoff version like the last one?

no thankfully. There was some legal struggle with the name, the "real" harvest moon is now called Story of Seasons (or Song of Seasons, can't remember)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Excels posted:

Wasn't there some kind of controversy about a recent HM game? Two Towns or something?

i seem to recall some ordeal about having to change the name of the series or

yea thats exactly what we're discussing, i assume natsume wanted to try and cash in on the name with the latest installment. it wasn't Two Towns but it was pretty forgettable.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ambivalent posted:

I have a question and maybe this is really dumb but I dunno what thread to ask

It is about snes final fantasies, can I ask you guys, is it okay

yes, my child

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

1 - pretty good for its time, compared to similar games like dragon quest. obviously way too much grinding by today's standards
2 and 3 - i forgot about these ones, i never played them really
4 - good for its time, glitchy as all hell toward the end, to the point where you have to save before leveling
5 - preposterous in all ways but the job system is really, really fun
6 - one of the best at keeping you engaged
7 - it's pretty good but has too long of an aggravating tutorial in midgar and most of the sidequests, including chocobo racing, are tedious
8 - let's you screw around with the mechanics really quickly but stops being interesting after you get eden
9 - i already said
10 - it's good.
12 - actually decent. it took the fact that the games basically play themselves during combat (with all the work being beforehand, setting up contingencies and leveling trees) and took that to its logical conclusion.

im sorry about your severe, crippling video game autism

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i will not have my enjoyment for video games be called autism in this, the games chat thread.

your enjoyment is good, your insulting of chocobo racing, a fine art for adults and children of all ages, is unacceptable, and i will duel you at dawn with a nerf gun.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

smdh...

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

holy poo poo what the fcuk!??!???? the old switcheroo!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

there is a meme video game, and it has been taken down because someone issued a DMCA for the ownership of a meme used therein. this is all news to me and i am blown away by it all.

quote:

EDIT: Some people want proof that I am who I claim to be (though I'm not sure why anyone would care to impersonate me), so I added a status update to my deviantArt that I haven't used in forever. http://whynne.deviantart.com/

Hello Reddit. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the disappearance of Meme Run from the eShop, so I thought I'd help clear things up since its creator doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it publicly.

A handful of you might remember me, but (hopefully) most of you probably have no clue who I am. To keep it brief, I own the copyright to the Trollface image, and seeing as the image was the 'star' of Meme Run, I sent a DMCA takedown notice to Nintendo and want to try and settle the matter amicably. I don't really intend to have a discussion on fair use or explain my motivations beyond the fact that my business with other parties compels me to make sure that instances of copyright infringement are addressed and resolved. Typically the result in these matters is simply having the use of the image be credited, recovering some kind of monetary compensation, or simply have it removed from the work.

To that end, takedown notices are a necessary first step to quickly open a direct line of communication with the offending party and work on remedying the situation.

I did try to reach out to the creator earlier this year and obtain the information I needed, but he claimed that he was not at liberty to speak about his relationship with Nintendo or any of the particulars regarding the game's sales data. My lawyer had been busy working on another case (which I am actually not at liberty to talk about lest I void the terms of our agreement) and I prefer to let him handle the matter of my legal representation, so I sort of dragged my feet on actually setting this in motion so he could wrap up our current case.

So, whatever you may have thought of Meme Run, its absence might only be temporary. For those of you who were hoping to pick it up and missed their opportunity, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Excels posted:

honestly i don't think meme run or the trollface person getting it taken down is remarkable enough to even discuss.

the only thing i'd ever want to know is who approved it for the eShop to begin with

this is what i'm wondering. is there any standard for games that get on there? what other kinds of bizarre titles have made their way into the previously-unsullied e-shop

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but Maxis just got shut down.

drat

wonder if it has anything to do with how sims 4 turned out? i know there was negative reception at launch but i have no idea what the numbers were like.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Kids React To Having Their Taint Reaped

:nsa:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

what the gently caress lmao

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ive never played bayonetta but her hair turns into her clothes and that is very funny. fact.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lol

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the boss of the latest chapter of the new RE is really dumb mechanics-wise, moreso than usual, and has a tiny, tiny head.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Which is just $1 on Steam right now, I think.

yep

i bought it and it has an option that says male body on character creation, but i couldn't figure out if there was an option to be a woman? I don't wanna be a dude

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well of course you don't. Men have to spend all day toiling in the feminism mines, filling their carts with social justice.

sounds gay

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

We've known since before this thread was made that Bloodborne comes out this month soooooOOOooo

two weeks til the hat-wearing murderer festivities begin

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont understand why people think a game is good
gently caress im retarded

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lmao what is this from

quantum leap

e:motherFUCKER! ^^

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

what do you guys think the seinfeld of video games is?

lemmings

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

not much if so, since they said out the gate they were announcing it very early on and wanted to finish The Witcher 3 before it goes into full production

we know it's a game based on the game Cyberpunk and it's being made by CD Projekt Red and that's enough to conclude that it's going to be fully and completely The poo poo

I'm hell of hyped for The Witcher 3 btw, I re-read The Last Wish and I'm probably going to buy Sword of Destiny. Probably the only game that I'm really sure I'm going to play coming up other than Bloodborne

i am extremely prepared for the witcher 3. geralt is my bae.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i am ready for the HM babes.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Coop in the new resident evil seems good; the support role actually has a lot of impact so both classes are fun. thats all folks

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i am a bad gamer because if i saw any nerd posters on my walls i would viciously tear them down with my wretched hands, then replace them with flower wreathes and pictures of little birds sitting on branches and stuff

i am secretly an old lady

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 16, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

things that are pro:

stock options
healthcare
not baking onself to death in one's car
video games

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

gay skull posted:

How are you allowed in computer labs in elementary schools?

someone has to teach the kids how to not post so badly, otherwise this happens

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i like to play solitaire on my phone. i wish i had that old skiing game with the yeti on it though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's weird, I don't remember your mom's vagina being in any skiing games.

its in all of them. are you blind?

im only gonna say this once, but god bless u stux

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dont actually play bongos irl.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

My whole life is a lie

i play video games instead :cool:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im still not convinced this isn't some elaborate troll or something, i will wait until the passing of April fools to decide

but it is mighty shifty

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i was really looking forward to watching the husband play the new Silent Hill because i am enormous pussy and cant play scary games on my own, hope this won't mess it up. the demo spooked the gently caress out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wasn't aware video games could be "too scary."

i'm the world's biggest baby, that's the only reason. and yet horror is my favorite genre

• Locked thread